• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn family. I thought this was supposed to be our year. We getting all kinds of fuckered up. We gotta correct this shit and get with that positive vibe.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The disconnected feeling is like a bad trip.

The anxiety that kicks when you realize that you're not in control over your own body and mind is particularly horrifying. You're lucid and self-aware, but losing all control is just scary.

Imm0rt4l

Any of you guys watch True Detective?

Christ this show is fucking good. The entire episode was great, but then came that final scene and it just put it over the top

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Any of you guys watch True Detective?

Christ this show is fucking good. The entire episode was great, but then came that final scene and it just put it over the top

Its the best show on TV and its not known yet because it take a while for people to jump on the "Best TV show" bandwagon. But this shit is incredible. I bought the writers book Galvestron just off the strength in the hopes it matches the intelligence/grime of the TV show. I mean everything is top notch the acting, the writing, the cinematography, the direction, the music, even the ambient sounds its another level.

I am half way through episode 4 and man that side chick fucked marty's life up. Didn't even occur to me she would tell the wife. But in hindsight it makes perfect sense she would

Not even gonna bullshit I fell asleep during the first episode. I will try again on you guys word alone. That shit just moved really slow. But love the locales, grew up/around areas like that coming up.

Spinluck

so...

lego movie was actually pretty good guys.

i can't remember many animated films that actually made me laugh out loud consistently throughout. at least, anything the past year or so. it feels like it's geared more towards kids, but there's tons of neat references i don't see kids picking up on. so it's a happy balance.

the look and the way they were animated was kind of jarring at first, but i got used it and ended up loving it by the end. i highly recommend it, especially if you have kids or young siblings. my brothers and sister loved it.

Imm0rt4l

Its the best show on TV and its not known yet because it take a while for people to jump on the "Best TV show" bandwagon. But this shit is incredible. I bought the writers book Galvestron just off the strength in the hopes it matches the intelligence/grime of the TV show. I mean everything is top notch the acting, the writing, the cinematography, the direction, the music, even the ambient sounds its another level.

I am half way through episode 4 and man that side chick fucked marty's life up. Didn't even occur to me she would tell the wife. But in hindsight it makes perfect sense she would

After finishing tonights episode they need find a way to bring Fukunaga the Gawd back next season because he's not doing the 2nd season from what I hear. Agree with you on all points, best show on tv. Some people are a little to ADHD to appreciate the first 3 episodes as they were slower, but I thought they were pretty fucking brilliant already.

Trey

the look and the way they were animated was kind of jarring at first, but i got used it and ended up loving it by the end. i highly recommend it, especially if you have kids or young siblings. my brothers and sister loved it.

A very gorgeous film to my eyes. A cool movie besides. I was a little too pumped up for it going in but the movie mostly delivered so I'm not too fussed.

Spinluck

A very gorgeous film to my eyes. A cool movie besides. I was a little too pumped up for it going in but the movie mostly delivered so I'm not too fussed.

oh no question.

i only loved the look more as it went on.

the only part that i can recall looking very weird to me was
after co co cloud got destroyed, and businessman's men were scavenging the water. the choppy ocean animation and the unchanged movement of the flying police cars made think for a second that the movie was lagging lol.

but that had more to do with me not knowing that they would animate the water that way. loved the look overall though, will probably go see it again when my friends come down sometime this month.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
After finishing tonights episode they need find a way to bring Fukunaga the Gawd back next season because he's not doing the 2nd season from what I hear. Agree with you on all points, best show on tv. Some people are a little to ADHD to appreciate the first 3 episodes as they were slower, but I thought they were pretty fucking brilliant already.

they got to get fukunaga back. Shit film around his schedule this is HBO and honestly the way this show is built I feel there will be more than a two year hiatus until the next one.

Just finished the Episode and those last 10 minutes should be shown to film classes about how to pull off a dramatic scene and the line "I'm done talking to you like a man" and then proceeds to beat him like a dog is pure piff

Order

so...

lego movie was actually pretty good guys.

i can't remember many animated films that actually made me laugh out loud consistently throughout. at least, anything the past year or so. it feels like it's geared more towards kids, but there's tons of neat references i don't see kids picking up on. so it's a happy balance.

I saw it with my nephew and brother yesterday. It was really good.

Nakazato

Big Bear, California.

[B}Spent a couple hours in a doctor's office, my heart rate and blood pressure took a while to calm down. I had a panic attack once before at school, I just left the room, walked around and talked myself down. Driving a car going 90 is probably the worst place to have a panic attack. The sensation of thinking you're dying is some shit.[/B]

welcome to my living hell.....

I have them once a week now....... Keep baby/low dose aspirin on you it will help you curb them

and try to stay out of your own head.

harSon

Banned

I'd rather him just continue his film career. Dude's career is basically perfect at this point. It was obvious he had mad talent after Sin Nombre.

WTF.

I had a dream I was playing Titanfall. I saw some dude on the top of an unusually high church rooftop getting ready to snipe us and I yelled out he was up there to the team and made a dash/jetpack jumps for the church entrance. Got in and started looking for the staircase or elevator because shit was HIGH. Was stairs and up one floor but was like, "fuck all these steps" and saw there was like a stair-like path outside almost like one of those wire cables you see holding up a suspension bridge. So I jetpack jumped up to the closest point I could reach on that ascending structure and jetpack jumped/ran the rest and there that mothafucka was. I got up there and was hype as fuck to murder this sommbitch right?...but instead of an epic shoot out it was like...first day in Titanfall shit. He didn't know how to use his sniper rifle and I didn't seem to know how to shoot him with mine.

"Oh hey man. I don't even know how this gun works..."

"...lol me either..."

"...pretty cool game though lol..."

"...yea..."

Mine was some kind of rifle with a long scope that charges and I didn't expect anything to really happen. Kinda reminded me of the charging rifle in KZSF. I charged it up and let go of the trigger and dude disintegrated TF2 electrified style. Oops. We were just trying shit out. Then some a menu popped up because of the kill. I unlocked a camouflage of my choice (like 6 or 7 color options). It's weird having a menu pop up when you're not playing on a screen. Like, I was the dude. Dreams gonna dream.

Anyway yea, I don't even think about Titanfall, so why am I dreaming about it fam? No Titans; just urban running around with jetpacks. It was a really big city and I was just jumping from rooftop to rooftop like, "yep this is gonna be cool but it shouldn't be too hard to spot snipers".

Slayven

adobo busting through the wall and snatching your girl?

dd002.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Damn Abobo's got some righteous quads, he does not skip leg day like reported.

FyreWulff

The army base down the street is doing artillery drills. Dy make a phone call and stop it.

Try living near Offutt Air Force Base

Pilots grinding EXP by taking off and landing in gigantic fucking planes

Also, gamers are never going to understand that the Xbox is the WCW of Microsoft

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Even in the game Jimmy was the cooler brother imho. Can't speak for his brains though.

Slayven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom