• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the "playing videogames won't get you a job" talk (funny how that worked out), but as far as working in the industry, I'm sure I'd have their support. I remember making drawings and having little ideas for games. They were pretty supportive of that. My father even helped me write a letter and mail it to Sega about an idea I had for a game (IIRC, I think it was just a Sonic clone lol).

So when college came around, I got into Computer Science because I've been wanting to make games since I was a kid. There wasn't a direct game design curriculum at the school I went to at the time, but I figured Computer Science was kind of something I could apply to all facets of development, so I went with that. By the time a game design course was created, I was already in my final semester.

In the end, I'm not in the gaming industry, but I think if there was a curriculum at the time that directly involved games, they would be fully supportive. My folks never tried to push me toward any particular field.
Same story here. After going to school for Comp Sci wound up in IT but not video games.

Gorillaz

^yea I saw that shit last week, he's famous yall
So there's probably a really interesting story about why it's still not out yet

By "done" do they mean "cancelled?"

I remember a thread where the creative director said in a interview that he has been done with it for awhile and now and the devs are trying to make it "work".

Can't wait for the BTS story on this whole thing

Trey

Also i heard Nintendo took another L.

The Nintendo Direct? It was solid.

SSB4 fans got some love. X fans got some love. Bayonetta fans got some love. Monster Hunter fans got some love. People who think Nintendo ain't shit will continue to think Nintendo ain't shit, so in a sense their sensibilities were represented in that Nintendo Direct as well. No new third party announcements.

I would love the other companies to do periodical updates on the progress of their 1st party games.

The Nintendo Direct? It was solid.

SSB4 fans got some love. X fans got some love. Bayonetta fans got some love. Monster Hunter fans got some love. People who think Nintendo ain't shit still won't think Nintendo ain't shit, so in a sense their sensibilities were represented in that Nintendo Direct as well. No new third party announcements.

I would love the other companies to do periodical updates on the progress of their 1st party games.

My favorite parts of the Direct were Li'l Mac, Bayo, and the Guild 03 game.

Hearing the NOA dude skraight BUTCHER pronunciation of Inazuma Eleven tho...ugh

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
My favorite parts of the Direct were Li'l Mac, Bayo, and the Guild 03 game.

Hearing the NOA dude skraight BUTCHER pronunciation of Inazuma Eleven tho...ugh

level 5 needs to get on bringing games that arent layton or guild games to the us. inazuma is a game in the right direction, but i want what ive been waiting years for

ReiGun

Just watched the new Kill la Kill. Ragyo is the best thing that ever happened to this series. She must have graduated from the Dio Brando school of trolling arrogant anime villains. Giving these young girls dat work.

level 5 needs to get on bringing games that arent layton or guild games to the us. inazuma is a game in the right direction, but i want what ive been waiting years for

What games are you looking for?

I hear their international offices are growing, so that could bode well.

Just watched the new Kill la Kill. Ragyo is the best thing that ever happened to this series. She must have graduated from the Dio Brando school of trolling arrogant anime villains. Giving these young girls dat work.

The song they play when it's Ragyo time is my shit. That whole soundtrack is pretty good.

didn't we already talk about the IceJJFish video when Rio asked for a GIF of a certain part?

Pimp this just gives us an excuse to let them gifs back out goddammit.
i2BQwa9KeW4hd.gif

ixVtdntJWDUgM.gif
ibkq9q9XKb3QB9.gif
ixPHpl4qvf7Fk.gif

courtesy of Brother Htown. He suffered so that we may prosper.

Young Magus

Serious time BCT.

For me it was a lack of exposure to Computer Technology and Programming growing up. When I first started college, I was a Computer Science Major with a small intent on working on Video Games. My fam was pretty supportive with my major decision in general. However, when I started to take a few classes about C++, I figured that this was not going to work out. Looking back, I realized that it was done from day 1 as I grew up around an environment where computer science and gaming design was not a thing and even in my University not many Black folks are in the Computer Science major. I think that it comes down to not much knowledge or prep regarding Computer Science/Game Design and that if we had a larger amount of programs available, then we might see more of us working in the field.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

Yeaaa. She's definitely Dio tier. This episode was crazy.

So I'm on twitter and my boy sends me the twitter username of some random chick. I don't exaggerate when I say I was about to be on that thirst tip like whoa. This chick is damn beautiful as all the fucks, words can't even express it right now. I almost sent her a message on some real thirst ish before I regained my senses.

Then I found out she's a camgirl. I don't even do cams but I'mma have to see if she on one day >.> I'm about to be like dating-GAF and shit. Writin her like "bb you don't have to do this!"

Lord help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom