• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
The battery life on it is supposedly pretty good. According to CNET:

http://reviews.cnet.com/tablets/hisense-sero-7-pro/4505-3126_7-35771034-2.html
"With a beefed-up 4,000mAh battery, the Sero 7 also had impressive battery life. With minimal usage and screen on maximum brightness, I was able to use the device for a handful of hours without a charge. During our battery drain test, it lasted 8.4 hours."

I guess it's downsides are the fact that it's not the most sleek device in the universe, its CPU is lacking in comparison to some of the competition and the camera's not too good. I wouldn't buy it at full price, but for $90 refurbished (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834738002), why the hell not? The one my nephew got was in damned good shape.

I've actually been buying a lot of manufacturer refurbished stuff lately, and it's definitely been a good experience thus far.

yeah, the manufacturer refurbished stuff is looking really legit. my mom got a Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition from Groupon and she was super hyped cause it looked brand new and she even registered it on Samsung's website and got the $25 coupons for Google Play, etc...

New round these parts. But just one question. why is every other avatar a black dude and some random "white" chick?

why do peeps only ask about black dudes and white women? there are other combinations in play.

maybe becuz it sticks out like a sore thumb to those who pay attention to their surroundings.it was a simple question. no reason to get the tampons all bloody people

Trey

maybe becuz it sticks out like a sore thumb to those who pay attention to their surroundings.it was a simple question. no reason to get the tampons all bloody people

Community in joke. Just a way to have people wonder, "hey what's up with all interracial avatars?"

It's been like a week or so since we had a world star vid..way too long...so little fuckery

So I got one here. Featuring Drake playing Diddy.

If you thought NY was taking L's before....
That cat was dirty as fuck for that.

THANK YOU! a sensible reply..
ixVtdntJWDUgM.gif

I checked out the new Guardians of the Galaxy trailer and saw that main green girl character kinda looks like Zoe Saldana. I check IMDB and to my surprise it is Zoe Saldana. She has the top ladies in space roles on lock.

Also, there is a Bayonetta anime movie out in the wild. I lasted 30 minutes before I gave up on it. I guess that game had great mechanics because that story is full of silliness.

Every time I see this I laugh and wish there was qwop game based on his moves.

akira28

Man, I bought my little nephew a refurbished Hisense Sero 7 PRO from Newegg for his birthday, and it's a damn good device for $90. It's basically a Nexus 7, but a fraction of the price. Depending on what you use a tablet for, there's really no reason to drop hundreds of dollars on one... Some of these cheaper tablets are legitimate as fuck.

I've been fucking around with the other cheap tablets. The Sero 7 is legit, but these others are a pain in the ass to hack or customize.

THANK YOU! a sensible reply..

how "new" are you muffinman? where ya from, kid?

Smokey

Doubt I'll get Titanfall day one. Had server timeout 3 times out of 4 of the matches I was in tonight.

Unless Respawn is doing some sort of testing, this doesn't bode well for day 1 folks.

PC?

I didn't have any connection problems on PC, but on Xbox One it was flakey as hell. Dashboard test showed I was getting 26/11 through the 5ghz wifi so I don't think it was on my end.

This is probably not the best way to introduce yourself as new to a black culture thread.

New round these parts. But just one question. why is every other avatar a black dude and some random "white" chick?

Can I help it if my bloody tampon makes me irritable?

Doubt I'll get Titanfall day one. Had server timeout 3 times out of 4 of the matches I was in tonight.

Unless Respawn is doing some sort of testing, this doesn't bode well for day 1 folks.

well they did say they wanted to intentionally break it

Personally speaking its the smoothest beta process I've been a part of. The beta signup never crashed which is a miracle and I had nothing but a smooth gameplay experience. Super fast download too.

Silky

Banned
Guardians looks like a fun time. But why no Nova in the trailer?

Predicting a Nova movie that'll feature Quasar or something, thus leading up to Guardians 2.

All of these origin Marvel movies might kill the quality of comic films tbh. Too much clutter. Then again it's not like DC is doing anything worthwhile

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
get clapped, breh

Guardians looks amazing. Definitely gonna see that Day 1 and I hope we get to see even a glimpse of Dick Rider Nova.

I pray it's Dick Rider Nova. I praaaaaay it's not this abomination
IrbS6TE.jpg

Slayven

Listen when showing racism, have your GPS coordinates, census data, and topographical surveys on hand and correct.

I'm not all too into comics, so I can't really understand 100% the Sam Alexander Nova gets but I won't lie, all of the panels that I've seen of him shared on GAF makes me dislike him even more lol.
Funny thing if you go back and read early Nova you would see a similarity. No one ever points out Dick was also racist, dumping Namora when her skin turned blue.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not all too into comics, so I can't really understand 100% the Sam Alexander Nova gets but I won't lie, all of the panels that I've seen of him shared on GAF makes me dislike him even more lol.

Part of it is because Richard Rider was SO GODDAMN GOOD anything else is a step down, but...

Anything that's a "Kid" version of anything else is usually cringeworthy. Even though Nova is Nova, not "Kid Nova" but it's still a little shit. Looking at you Kid Gladiator. You're the kid of someone DOPE AS FUCK:

Gladiator:
wFn2aSs.jpg

Kid Gladiator...bleugh
79xnKZR.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Of course he is based off the one true Superboy.

"Gotta run babe!" arrgghhhh

get Superboy Prime happening though, and it's a different story. I re-read the Death and Return of Superman books recently (long ass read) and Superboy there was so 90s, it was so great and cringeworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom