• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumei

The biggest problem with talking about racism is there always this assumption that someone falling into prejudicial actions is a racist. More people need to read that book Racism without Racists that chronicles how subtle and subversive various narratives can be without the person even realizing they're perpetuating horseshit.

I either didn't know you read it, or I completely forgot. Nice to hear either way... even if this is the second time. :x

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
"White people have officially won rap. Thank you very much for rap, African Americans. You fought bravely, but we’ll take it from here."

Stephen Colbert gaddam

whelp. i guess the time to steal another sport is now. the only question, is whether it will be hockey or nascar

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Guess who is drunk again.

Iron_Man_128.jpg

This Remember Me game is cool as hell. I feel kinda bad knowing it'll never get a sequel though.
I really liked that game. A sequel would have been fantastic. Could have fixed the few problems the game had.

Also I really like all the avatars in here. As the product of an interracial marriage and someone who is married to a biracial woman, it's nice to see it recognized :)

harSon

Banned
Man, I bought my little nephew a refurbished Hisense Sero 7 PRO from Newegg for his birthday, and it's a damn good device for $90. It's basically a Nexus 7, but a fraction of the price. Depending on what you use a tablet for, there's really no reason to drop hundreds of dollars on one... Some of these cheaper tablets are legitimate as fuck.

Man, I bought my little nephew a refurbished Hisense Sero 7 PRO from Newegg for his birthday, and it's a damn good device for $90. It's basically a Nexus 7, but a fraction of the price. Depending on what you use a tablet for, there's really no reason to drop hundreds of dollars on one... Some of these cheaper tablets are legitimate as fuck.

You tell me this after I buy a Nexus 7......

Nah but good looking out if I ever snatch up another tablet.

Slayven

I tell this to everyone.

harSon

Banned
You tell me this after I buy a Nexus 7......

Nah but good looking out if I ever snatch up another tablet.

It matches the Nexus 7 (1st generation) spec for spec, and even exceeds it in some regards. If you got a 2nd generation Nexus 7, it definitely can't hold a candle to that. But it's pretty damned serviceable. Software wise it's competent, and the build feels like quality. I'm legitimately contemplating getting one as a secondary device to my iPad. I really like the size of a 7 inch tablet, but I can't justify dropping a ton of dough for a secondary device.

I tell this to everyone.

Yup. Unless you want to be a part of Apple's ecosystem, or you care about mobile gaming, then there's honestly not much reason to go high end with a tablet.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
It matches the Nexus 7 (1st generation) spec for spec, and even exceeds it in some regards. If you got a 2nd generation Nexus 7, it definitely can't hold a candle to that. But it's pretty damned serviceable. Software wise it's competent, and the build feels like quality. I'm legitimately contemplating getting one as a secondary device to my iPad. I really like the size of a 7 inch tablet, but I can't justify dropping a ton of dough for a secondary device.

whats battery life like ?

harSon

Banned
whats battery life like ?

The battery life on it is supposedly pretty good. According to CNET:

http://reviews.cnet.com/tablets/hisense-sero-7-pro/4505-3126_7-35771034-2.html
"With a beefed-up 4,000mAh battery, the Sero 7 also had impressive battery life. With minimal usage and screen on maximum brightness, I was able to use the device for a handful of hours without a charge. During our battery drain test, it lasted 8.4 hours."

I guess it's downsides are the fact that it's not the most sleek device in the universe, its CPU is lacking in comparison to some of the competition and the camera's not too good. I wouldn't buy it at full price, but for $90 refurbished (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834738002), why the hell not? The one my nephew got was in damned good shape.

I've actually been buying a lot of manufacturer refurbished stuff lately, and it's definitely been a good experience thus far.

Doubt I'll get Titanfall day one. Had server timeout 3 times out of 4 of the matches I was in tonight.

Unless Respawn is doing some sort of testing, this doesn't bode well for day 1 folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom