• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, I came in to say that it felt good that North Texas is out of the ice bucket and pass my condolences to you northeastern folks. I see you can't take weekends off in this place or be sorely behind the times.

I can't see the video in that car thread, but the people in it further confirm internet stereotypes. In any discussion someone will come along to present themselves as an expert in a related field that perfectly discredits the original topic. I haven't read it all, but the camera angle guy is cracking me up.

I had a car mix up a couple of months ago at a walmart and I had to joke my way out of the situation to a family that saw me fuck up. I'm talking about the good type of walmart that would see in their commercials.

Smokey

Most of it is I've been here for 10+ years going back to when GAF was actually apart of Gaming-Age. Been through all of the migrations and the transformation of what is allowed and what isn't gets more grey overtime.

These race threads always make it easy to see who has what agenda. Who tries to be slick. Too easy for me to level up and want to go off on somebody so I just avoid for most part.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
have you guys ever tried these drinks called buzzballz? either my tolerance has gone down, or they live up to their name. either way be careful with them.

one of the few things I dislike about LA is the lack of foodspots open at late hours. if norms is your thing, good on you, but I would love to find a place that serves good Thai food at 2 am

explain

I was just giving crap. I'm not a huge fan of Church's. It's okay. When I was stationed in the desert, we had one on post. I liked the sides but the chicken wasn't good in comparison to KFC.

And have you been to Tokyo? They got some hot food.

To be honest, everywhere I've been has some dope spots. Haven't gotten to go to ATL yet. But Dallas, L.A., San Diego, NYC, D.C., VA, Miami, Chicago all have dope food spots.

Smokey

Frenchys>>>>Popeyes >KFC>>Church's

Frenchys is that ish. It's a Houston restaurant though and you gotta go to 3rd ward to get you some. Worth it.

Popeyes is good. Today Tuesday? Line will be extended on to the feeder road at the Popeyes by my house for that Tuesday special. KFC is safe. Church's... I dunno wtf they did to their receipe over the last few years but it has no taste to me. It used to be on point but... Something changed.

cdyhybrid

Shotgun + stim too stronk.

I tried with the carbine, but I just can't sit still long enough to really use it. It would be better once I unlocked the silencer, but that would take for-fucking-ever.

JohnDoe

Banned
"White people have officially won rap. Thank you very much for rap, African Americans. You fought bravely, but we’ll take it from here."

Stephen Colbert gaddam

Nakazato

"White people have officially won rap. Thank you very much for rap, African Americans. You fought bravely, but we’ll take it from here."

Stephen Colbert gaddam

hes not lying tho.... something something Macklemore something something 1st rapper to say something something something 3 grammies something something #fakehumble

The worst an area is the better the chicken is. It needs to have a good crackhead to old man on bike ratio.
You've given me my opening..Liberty City Church's for the win!

Greetings, BCT. I lurk here, NBA and Gaf-Hop threads and figured I'd give a shout. Sadly, twas the chicken that called to me..the Church's hate was too much. Why don't they got one in DC?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
after years of black people taking sports from The White Man, they finally got rap taken from them

we're old hands at this

eAC4uXn.jpg

Spinluck

Stephen Colbert gaddam

hes not lying tho.... something something Macklemore something something 1st rapper to say something something something 3 grammies something something #fakehumble

Not even mad at Colbert. :(

I'm making a tribute mixtape to the black rappers as we speak

RIP Black Hip-Hop 1970s-Macklemore

20bce0dd-5d85-45a8-82d7-35a0944bac76_zpsmagslato.jpg

Kreed

The BHM avatars are really getting to some people lol

We actually have non BCT Gafers joining in. I think we could actually get a "What's up with all the interracial avatars" thread by the end of the month.

And that car thread is hilarious.

We actually have non BCT Gafers joining in. I think we could actually get a "What's up with all the interracial avatars" thread by the end of the month.

And that car thread is hilarious.

Best post in there.

Racism is weird. Everybody knows it totally exists, but when you look at any specific situation, racism is never involved. You can know that it exists, but when you look for it, it turns into something else.

Don't_blink.jpg

Racism is quantum locked. It doesn't exist when it's being observed. The moment it is seen by any living creature, it freezes into a coincidence.

What was the last thing you found?

Rainy season so not much, haven't been lookin'. I'll tell you the next time I "find" something cool.

Best post in there.

The biggest problem with talking about racism is there always this assumption that someone falling into prejudicial actions is a racist. More people need to read that book Racism without Racists that chronicles how subtle and subversive various narratives can be without the person even realizing they're perpetuating horseshit.

BHZ Mayor

Rainy season so not much, haven't been lookin'. I'll tell you the next time I "find" something cool.

The biggest problem with talking about racism is there always this assumption that someone falling into prejudicial actions is a racist. More people need to read that book Racism without Racists that chronicles how subtle and subversive various narratives can be without the person even realizing they're perpetuating horseshit.

I honestly feel like that why so many posters try to brush it off. They're afraid that they'll feel like they're racist. Just because you find yourself falling into certain actions doesn't necessarily make you some minority-hating wizard. Just recognize that shit and educate yourself to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom