• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

"Gotta run babe!" arrgghhhh

get Superboy Prime happening though, and it's a different story. I re-read the Death and Return of Superman books recently (long ass read) and Superboy there was so 90s, it was so great and cringeworthy.

better that then emo "superman is my daddy".

besada

Banned
You must be joking.

He's not. Kid Gladiator is the best.

fZcaXQU.png

harSon

Banned
Goddamnit, Nintendo keeps chipping away at my refusal to buy a Wii U. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze looks fantastic, and that David Wise soundtrack :| I can't bring myself to pull the trigger though, because deep down I know there ain't shit on the horizon, and it's going to be slim pickings for the duration of its existence. That Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and Super Smash Bros tho :(

It'll be a good bargain bin purchase in the future I guess...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
lmao babby namor looks fantastic, ahahaha what a prick

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
He dumped Namorita because she went from this

to this

Granted she now sweated poison and acid, but that was something they could over come.

On a side note, Namor looked like he was born paying taxes.

youd make it work, wouldn't you slay?

Look at that hand gesture "Yeah gaze upon me girl, now get me dat breast milk"

Born royalty.

"Bring it forth, lest my ankle wings get to dusting."

And yeah, Kid Flash is probably the only Kid version I'm ok with.

P.S. Has anyone else tried the new Strider?

I played the demo last night, but it just didn't to anything for me, and I like action/platforming.

Kreed

http://fox2now.com/2014/02/17/teachers-could-spank-harder-under-bill-pending-in-ks-legislature/

A Kansas lawmaker wants to give school teachers and caregivers more power to spank children.

Kansas House member Gail Finney, D-Wichita, said the bill is designed to restore parental rights.

It would expand the current law, which allows spanking without leaving marks. If Finney’s bill passes, it would allow up to 10 strikes of the hand and smacks hard enough to leave redness and bruising.

I know we (and the rest of GAF) have varying opinions on corporal punishment (some supporting some against), but what about teachers/people other than parents spanking kids? For those against corporate punishment, would you move your kids to a different state if they had laws like this?

I grew up in South Carolina, so we had teachers/principles with paddles. Out of the times I was paddled by a teacher as a child I don't think it made any difference/had any impact on my behavior vs my parents. Now the note they would give you to take home to your parents after the paddling, that had an impact, because my parents would punish me again for bringing a note home.

DominoKid

http://fox2now.com/2014/02/17/teachers-could-spank-harder-under-bill-pending-in-ks-legislature/

I know we (and the rest of GAF) have varying opinions on corporal punishment (some supporting some against), but what about teachers/people other than parents spanking kids? For those against corporate punishment, would you move your kids to a different state if they had laws like this?

I grew up in South Carolina, so we had teachers/principles with paddles. Out of the times I was paddled by a teacher as a child I don't think it made any difference/had any impact on my behavior vs my parents. Now the note they would give you to take home to your parents after the paddling, that had an impact, because my parents would punish me again for bringing a note home.

That isn't a teachers place. Im not w/ whoopins in school at all.

I had a paddle broken on my ass in elementary school (in Ohio), but the state did away with corporal punishment after that.

Anyway, teachers don't really love or care about kids they paddle, and that's a huge difference between getting the belt or switch from family.

Born royalty.

"Bring it forth, lest my ankle wings get to dusting."

And yeah, Kid Flash is probably the only Kid version I'm ok with.

P.S. Has anyone else tried the new Strider?

I played the demo last night, but it just didn't to anything for me, and I like action/platforming.
I snatched it up on the merits of a metroidvania with a tilt toward action. My issue is the control scene personally. But I got around that. I like it so far. Its basically this and EDF right now.

I got paddled a couple times. But I'm a firm believer now that I'm an adult that a parent should be the one administering and ass whooping not someone who has to watch kids. They don't know your child from the next kid. No personal investment that a loving parent would have.

My mom use to tenderize my posterior with a leather belt. It was hold your hands out or KPOW on the rump.

I remember being 16 and coming home in handcuffs. She decided to pull that old belt out again, lol.

But it's a different time now.

Gorillaz

As someone going into the education field, I think that is one of the worst ideas I've seen. You can leave a lot more impact not paddling in class. There are better ways to reinforce behavior in school then doing that.

out of school? that is a different story and for the most part a whole another conversation

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Corporal punishment was in schools when I was in (mid-30s, Oklahoma) - never got swats in school, but in first grade I said "shit" when I found a missing glove of mine and this girl, Mimi, told the teacher. Got sent home with a note. Lucky for me my mom is a teacher elsewhere and had been all her life. She goes into the attic to get her paddle...and this fucking paddle, I shit you not, must have been 3 feet long. It had the NAMES OF ALL THE KIDS SHE HAD EVER GIVEN SWATS TO written on it in fuckin calligraphy.

I learned my lesson. That paddle put the fear of god in me. It even had holes in it to make it more aerodynamic.

spankings....I grew up in Karolina South too. Make no mistake what we got were not spankings. I never had someone say they were going to spank me. They were going to whip or beat me. Granted I was a bad ass kid who deserved it at times nonetheless it was a different time back in the 80's. As a parent now It's far more effective for me to punish my kids with something that has lasting results i.e taking my daughters iphone 5 or making my son exclusively play the Wii-U......

Not that I'm against "spankings" I just think we can find far more effective ways to discipline. In this day and age spankings seem more and more like a cop out to me.

And you are right the note going home had far more impact that the paddle. "I made it in spite of your damn paddle Mr. Chappelle"!!!!

lol Baby Namor contemplating entering the stock market tho

As far as spanking in school goes, I don't believe it is the teacher's place. Growing up, I'd think I'd feel some type of way if I heard my little sister got spanked in class until she bruised by a teacher, no matter what she did...

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
As someone going into the education field, I think that is one of the worst ideas I've seen. You can leave a lot more impact not paddling in class. There are better ways to reinforce behavior in school then doing that.

out of school? that is a different story and for the most part a whole another conversation

I'm in school for education too and I wholeheartedly agree. There's other methods teachers can use to discipline bad students and I certainly don't want to put my hands on someone else's kid.

They keep trying to add stuff for teachers to do in schools but they sure won't consider paying them more. That's absurd!

Silky

Banned
Back from Five Guys and Longhorn Steakhouse holy shit

The burger at Five Guys was /ok/. the fries were fucking phenominal. I went down the street just eating them out the bag as my mom/her fiance did shopping and shit.

then we went to longhorn and i had like soup and cheesecake. i feel great/going to explode.

The burger at Five Guys was /ok/. the fries were fucking phenominal. I went down the street just eating them out the bag as my mom/her fiance did shopping and shit.

then we went to longhorn and i had like soup and cheesecake. i feel great/going to explode.

They could probably change their name to Fry Guys, if not for McDonalds copyrights.

Honestly, a house burger is just as good as Five Guys.

I swear people in that car theft thread read Hollywood and think Will Smith and James Cameron live there and it's protected by the best police force in the world because of it.

Slayven

DEAD!!

Wonder Girl was just one big L.
Troia>>>>>Wonder Woman all day every day.

Looks swagtastic and oozing machismo.

It's too bad there aren't more comics of him just being a complete deustchbag and just wearing ridiculous outfits, dogging out girls, etc.
Read the early stuff, in one comic a chick pissed him off and he broke a watermane and shot himself into space.

and this

namortheeffinpufferfish.jpg

Fuck talking to fish.
I swear people in that car theft thread read Hollywood and think Will Smith and James Cameron live there and it's protected by the best police force in the world because of it.
That one guy rather talk about the city planing than the issue.

Damn, Monica, were you hungry. I'm supposed to go to Longhorn on Monday. Supposedly, they have 1 pound steaks for $15.

I only like the fries at Five Guys (and they give you a lot). Here in Florida, I'd probably prefer to go to Chipotle. There are hotter women and the food is better for you. In'n'Out is a different story. I've only eaten at Whattaburger once. So I don't have an opinion on that. Not crazy about Fuddruckers.

akira28

They could probably change their name to Fry Guys, if not for McDonalds copyrights.

Honestly, a house burger is just as good as Five Guys.

They began in this area years ago, and back then we knew them as Five Guys Fries.

The burgers were always #2.

2 things:

1: Why is it that I roll into a Burger King early in the morning and its always looks like a goddamn AARP meeting.
2: Why the hell is a 7 year old girl forcing her mother to buy here a damn Frappucino because she want coffee, her mom said no, she loses her shit and says "I drink them ice creams all the time. God I hate you" and then she buys it and starts making fun of the size.

2 things:

1: Why is it that I roll into a Burger King early in the morning and its always looks like a goddamn AARP meeting.
2: Why the hell is a 7 year old girl forcing her mother to buy here a damn Frappucino because she want coffee, her mom said no, she loses her shit and says "I drink them ice creams all the time. God I hate you" and then she buys it and starts making fun of the size.

I would've told her Monica, please!!

Does anyone like Burger King? I think the Whopper and Chicken Sandwich are decent. But I prefer McDonald's, Wendy's (dollar menu), Five Guys, White Castle, etc.

Slayven

If BK started carrying Checkers style fries, they would finally be winning.

Yeah BK's fry game is wack, and they keep fucking with them. And everytime I get some there is always an onion ring in the box. Rosa Parks was not a conductor on the underground subway just for me to accidentally bite into a nasty onion ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom