• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Steve Rogers sort of needs to be white, though there's nothing explicitly "white" about his backstory, if that makes any sense. It makes more sense for Captain America to be white, his origin being perpetually tied to the 1940s, of course. It's not to the same level of Black Panther, who is the black hereditary king of an isolationist African nation, or Doctor Doom, who has stories depending on him being Roma, or Magneto who needs to be Jewish.

Okay, I agree with this.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
It really depends though on the incest thing, like whether or not they are blood related and how much. A step sibling or cousin twice removed or in-law? Go for broke.

I think Steve Rogers sort of needs to be white, though there's nothing explicitly "white" about his backstory, if that makes any sense. It makes more sense for Captain America to be white, his origin being perpetually tied to the 1940s, of course. It's not to the same level of Black Panther, who is the black hereditary king of an isolationist African nation, or Doctor Doom, who has stories depending on him being Roma, or Magneto who needs to be Jewish.

If anything it would make more sense to try some experimental super soldier formula on a black dude first.

If anything it would make more sense to try some experimental super soldier formula on a black dude first.

I assume that you are referring to Slay's post?

Goddamn I hate being such a comic nerd

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaiah_Bradley
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josiah_X

Josiah X served in Vietnam

josiah-x17.jpg

Nakazato

Friends app on vita os better than on ps3 lol.

Beef morris and rio sent tou invites

Gata send me ur psn.

Would add harson but I think before the end of the week we would have sent each other ravens steelers hate mail. And I would start the light skin vs dark sink thing lol

J10

Banned
That video made me think of that one line in The Big Lebowski: Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I can't with that technology. That shit is going to have some dudes thinking their stroke game is immaculate. Meet up with a real woman and she grade that man with a tripple F and it's back to square one.

J10

Banned
We already knew this day would come. Robot pussy/dick game will end us as a species.

So it was either The Second Renaissance, Judgement Day, or Occulus Rift. All things considered, we're getting off easy.

I LOVE PUNS!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So it was either The Second Renaissance, Judgement Day, or Occulus Rift. All things considered, we're getting off easy.

Where do you think the robots come from? It's just more and more elaborate VR sexual apparatuses and technology that eventually become sentient.

The waifu crowd is going to want more and more elaborate (though not independent) personalities for their vidya gf, and something is going to Go Horribly Wrong.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Please. You know Ubisoft is just itching to buy that tech, rebrand it as The Animus, slap some Uplay on it and sell it worldwide with a Jessica Nigri pack-in.

I'm taking notes.....

Also, over on gaming side, i've been facepalming at people in that PS4 thread with the IGN press peeps getting their consoles. Some flipflopping harder than Xbone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom