• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm taking notes.....

Also, over on gaming side, i've been facepalming at people in that PS4 thread with the IGN press peeps getting their consoles. Some flipflopping harder than Xbone!

GAF always complains that games journalism is a joke.......unless its your console of choice then its A OK.

Gaming side is about 95% noise right now.

Gorillaz

Said it in a different thread but accuracy and "integrity" in Journalism and media has been problematic for years. Gaming media especially this year has been even more fucked but yea some people on gaming side only question it if it's negative to there agenda.

Slayven

The screaming the last few days for people to post UI videos is what makes me laugh.

Said it in a different thread but accuracy and "integrity" in Journalism and media has been problematic for years. Gaming media especially this year has been even more fucked but yea some people on gaming side only question it if it's negative to there agenda.

I always wondered why somebody hasn't started a real journalism site. One that ask questions and do real reviews. Gamasautra was kind of like this but they fell off.

I always wondered why somebody hasn't started a real journalism site. One that ask questions and do real reviews. Gamasautra was kind of like this but they fell off.

Because they won't get interviews, invited to gatherings, debug kits, early code, etc. MS and Sony pretty much make sure "real journalism" in videogaming stays dead.

Gorillaz

The screaming the last few days for people to post UI videos is what makes me laugh.

I'm pretty sure most people want to start out good. However if you want to make it both financially and as a business, you gotta let some things slide. Then there are those that only join a certain team to get close enough to the company of there choice. I think a few nintendo reviewers from Ign were blamed for that because they never criticized the big N and ended up working at the Nintendo Treehouse

Could have just said real work is hard.

Shit even that republican "work hard and you'll succeed" shit won't work. I mean you can write the dopest reviews in the world, but what would be the point when your reviews come weeks after the game has come out? By that time most people who would read reviews have already read them elsewhere and really don't care much about your article. And really that's all your site will consist of reviews, because you're sure as hell ain't gettin previews to these games, nor are any of these industry figures doing interviews with you. At the end of the day even for the most integrity cloaked journalist, the odds are so stacked against you succeeding.

It's like a black dude trying to be CEO in the 40s.

Shit even that republican "work hard and you'll succeed" shit won't work. I mean you can write the dopest reviews in the world, but what would be the point when your reviews come weeks after the game has come out? By that time most people who would read reviews have already read them elsewhere and really don't care much about your article. And really that's all your site will consist of reviews, because you're sure as hell ain't gettin previews to these games, nor are any of these industry figures doing interviews with you. At the end of the day even for the most integrity cloaked journalist, the odds are so stacked against you succeeding.

It's like a black dude trying to be CEO in the 40s.

This is the career path I chose, too.

*longest of sighs*

Who would check for reviews weeks after games released? Maybe they could do some interesting investigative journalism, but as for as critiques go, it seems really hard to compete for clicks with sites/outfits that get free consoles and games before they're released. Gamers complain about it, but they're an impatient lot.

(edit)... late. fuck you and your shit, angelus.

We need to do a podcast, i got some questions for Angleus about Korea.

-Yes young females like black guys all the same
-No not every Korean girl looks alike
-No they're not all third world skinny
-Yes driving there is a bitch
-Yes plastic surgery is rampant (kind of counters the second point)
-Yes the food is bomb

J10

Banned
I know a Korean girl with huge tits. Close friend. She has a sister and they look nothing alike, so I can confirm on that front.

Spawn #9
1-30 Warlock and the infinity Watch
1-30 Avengers the Initiative
Collected "X" series(earth,paradise,universe)
New Mutants #1
Uncanny 281-283

Slayven

Spawn #9
1-30 Warlock and the infinity Watch
1-30 Avengers the Initiative
Collected "X" series(earth,paradise,universe)
New Mutants #1
Uncanny 281-283

Is that the Spawn where the KKK leader gets turned black?

that Count Abyss in Infinity Watch. Nigga was a cosmic crack dealer.

Wynnebeck

Banned
-Yes young females like black guys all the same

Sorta. Closer to Seoul you are, easier time. Any further away and good luck.

-No not every Korean girl looks alike

True.

-No they're not all third world skinny

Eh. I didn't see one thick Korean my entire almost 2 year stay there. Saw 10+ thick Japanese chicks within an hour being there.

-Yes driving there is a bitch

Them wild ajjoshi driving taxis going 100MPH.

-Yes plastic surgery is rampant (kind of counters the second point)

I swear if you look for a 7-11, there's a plastic surgeon right next door.

-Yes the food is bomb

That bulgolgi doeeeee.

Had a great time especially at the COEX.

Why in fucks sake do I have the full run of Death mate and 4 fucking copies of Death mate Black.

Captain America #25(both variants)
WWHulk #1(diamond retail vers)
1-15 Of Backlash
1-6 Phantom Guard
1-15 Storm watch

There is a method to my madness I swear.

Spawn #9=First appearance of Angela and Medieval Spawn.
Spawn 1&2

Slayven

Why in fucks sake do I have the full run of Death mate and 4 fucking copies of Death mate Black.

Captain America #25(both variants)
WWHulk #1(diamond retail vers)
1-15 Of Backlash
1-6 Phantom Guard
1-15 Storm watch

There is a method to my madness I swear.

Spawn #9=First appearance of Angela and Medieval Spawn.
Spawn 1&2
You got Phantom Guard but no WildCORE? Whats wrong with you?

1-5 of WildCore.
Animation Cell from TMNT animated series.(80's-early 90's)
Various paintings.
The Beatles vinyl records
Complete run of Divine Right

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Gotta cop that new X-Com. I saw Sessler walk through a mission that was more ridiculous than damn near everything in Enemy Unknown.

RedSwirl

Call it karma, call it irony, call it hilarious:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...lack_n_4256360.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

White supremacist finds out that 14 percent of his DNA is Sub-Saharan African. :)

That indicates a slave great grandparent right? I wouldn't be surprised if most white folks in the US found at least one black person in the family tree if they went back far enough (and by far enough I mean within the last 300 years, not the beginning of fucking humanity).

I imagine everyone, except maybe some east asian people (it's probably more in the .00something) have at least 1% Sub-Saharan African if we're being real.

That indicates a slave great grandparent right? I wouldn't be surprised if most white folks in the US found at least one black person in the family tree if they went back far enough (and by far enough I mean within the last 300 years, not the beginning of fucking humanity).

I imagine everyone, except maybe some east asian people (it's probably more in the .00something) have at least 1% Sub-Saharan African if we're being real.
Yeah I think its feasible for at least 60% of the US.

The irony is the very thing that is the epitome of white supremacy: slavery is probably also the same reason a bunch of white people now have black in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom