• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
BoA = Black on Asian.

A0DjxYh.jpg

Aeroknight94

Neo Member
After playing battlefield 4 at 60 frames, I things fps are more important than graphics. Hell I got over 100 hours in both fallout 3 and NV and that game looks like shit on consoles.

Still I'll be lying to say if graphics weren't important[/SPOILER]

harSon

Banned
I just want high frame rates for FPS. That's about as picky as I get when it comes to tech.

My only nitpick is that the game is good. I've played a ton of games that were technical messes but legitimately good games. Would I prefer them to be technically sound? Of course. But I'm not going to not cop a game because it's sub 1080p or has frame drops. And I value stuff like comfy couch gaming on a big screen with surround sound over the added benefits of PC gaming in a lot of cases. And if there's a choice between getting a game on Playstation 4 because it's the better version, or playing it with friends on the Xbox One, then the latter is going to win out 100% of the time.

A lot of gamers, or at least people within my own circle, complain about the continued push for AAA games, but a decent chunk of them are also graphics whores. They're kind of mutually exclusive positions to hold in a lot of cases.

My only nitpick is that the game is good. I've played a ton of games that were technical messes but legitimately good games. Would I prefer them to be technically sound? Of course. But I'm not going to not cop a game because it's sub 1080p or has frame drops. And I value stuff like comfy couch gaming on a big screen with surround sound over the added benefits of PC gaming in a lot of cases. And if there's a choice between getting a game on Playstation 4 because it's the better version, or playing it with friends on the Xbox One, then the latter is going to win out 100% of the time.

A lot of gamers, or at least people within my own circle, complain about the continued push for AAA games, but a decent chunk of them are also graphics whores. They're kind of mutually exclusive positions to hold in a lot of cases.

Game is good is moot point if you can't play it at its best.

For instance Halo not having dedis. It doesn't matter if the game is good if you can't play free of lag.

harSon

Banned
Game is good is moot point if you can't play it at its best.

For instance Halo not having dedis. It doesn't matter if the game is good if you can't play free of lag.

It obviously depends on the genre. An online based game is obviously going to require good net code and latency. Performance obviously matters within competitive game. But if we're talking single player, then honestly, if fun outweighs it's lack of technical performance, I don't typically give a shit. I'm not saying the game wouldn't be better if it were technically sound, simply that a game can be good despite the fact that it's technically deficient. Yes, 60 FPS is better than 30 FPS, but the latter experience can still be a good game. Case in point, Forza Horizon versus the numbered Forzas.

Those cats that were doing those fake robbery videos on instagram and vine have just been arrested in Philly.

Ratchetmess on youtube has changed their name to Whole Mess Daily.

Louis Farrakhan has released a video urging for Pres. Obama to open Area 51 to the public.

Why dont we pick the funniest avatar or coli head and all rock the same avatar for March to mind fuck people.

FreeMufasa

Those cats that were doing those fake robbery videos on instagram and vine have just been arrested in Philly.

Ratchetmess on youtube has changed their name to Whole Mess Daily.

Louis Farrakhan has released a video urging for Pres. Obama to open Area 51 to the public.

Why dont we pick the funniest avatar or coli head and all rock the same avatar for March to mind fuck people.

So ratchet mess had a name change? I was getting vex when I cudnt find it

Silky

Banned
went through some trials yesterday. ended up with getting punched in the eye twice by my (drunk) mother. the entire situation confused the fuck out of me, and after all of it I don't know how to approach her and discuss it. or just leave it all alone together bc "lol i was drunk!" is her defense.

me and my stepdad spent $200 to stay in a fucking hotel just to get away from her crazy ass

went through some trials yesterday. ended up with getting punched in the eye twice by my (drunk) mother. the entire situation confused the fuck out of me, and after all of it I don't know how to approach her and discuss it. or just leave it all alone together bc "lol i was drunk!" is her defense.

me and my stepdad spent $200 to stay in a fucking hotel just to get away from her crazy ass

dang bro. probably late to this but have you tried getting her some help? My mother in law used to have a similar issue with a different substance we got her an intervention and pretty much my wife's whole family cut her off. She's been 8 years sober i.e drug free.

In other news folks the Audi rides like a champ!

Silky

Banned
dang bro. probably late to this but have you tried getting her some help? My mother in law used to have a similar issue with a different substance we got her an intervention and pretty much my wife's whole family cut her off. She's been 8 years sober i.e drug free.

In other news folks the Audi rides like a champ!

it's being considered. apparently she acted a fool when she was out w/ my stepdad's mom for dinner. fucking ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom