• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
can't believe they still aint announced a DS2 PC release date tho. They got half of Gaming side on pins and needles hoping they aint gotta Durante fix that shit

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Nah, I love freckles. Fair skinned red heads with all over freckles...

She looks like she'll have Drake crying before, during, and after.

also fuck 343 in case you were unaware, and fuck the New52, since I'm fucking things. Joker's Daughter? Fucking hell. And Batman Eternal...spoilers:
the return of the Spoiler and Catwoman suddenly hating Batman and taking over the Gotham crime world.
Just....just my fault for enjoying comic books I guess. I should have just considered them shitty little funny book rags for kids and not as serious entertainment media\art, so I could see them from the perspective of the publishers/editors.

with some of the decisions dc has made since the nu52, that sounds about right. but there is a chance for an upturn

Titanfall is fun, well half of it in Titan battles, even with the movement the pilot gameplay is the familiar shoot first exchanges. I'm moving more towards co-op multiplayer rather than competitive really.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Me and you both. Don't have either an xbone or PC.

I have a PC, just didn't feel like bothering with getting a code or whatever.

Even assuming I liked it, I wasn't going to buy an online game from EA at launch.

My Steam backlog is big enough, I can wait.

ReiGun

I don't think they know what they are doing month to month.

DC's been on an upswing as far as quality goes over the last year, as much as some refuse to admit it. Bringing Stephanie back - something fans have been clamoring since day one of the reboot - and putting her in the hands of their hottest writer is brilliant move.

They aren't perfect and I do think Marvel is putting out the better overall product, but they're in a better place than they were a year ago and clearly are trying to right the ship.

Slayven

I have a PC, just didn't feel like bothering with getting a code or whatever.

Even assuming I liked it, I wasn't going to buy an online game from EA at launch.

My Steam backlog is big enough, I can wait.
I see you playing Cooking Mama.

Heroes coming back as miniseries.

I'll never understand some of the decisions taken in TV.
It amazed me fore a show about people with superpowers, how little they actually used them. But i do miss Matt's I need to take a shit telepathtic face.

It's NBC. There is no understanding.

I wouldn't mind getting some closure on this though. Season 4 cliffhanger was nuts.
NBC is like that star QB that hurt his knee in highschool and now is working at Food Lion. They never got over how they ruled the 90s.
DC's been on an upswing as far as quality goes over the last year, as much as some refuse to admit it. Bringing Stephanie back - something fans have been clamoring since day one of the reboot - and putting her in the hands of their hottest writer is brilliant move.

They aren't perfect and I do think Marvel is putting out the better overall product, but they're in a better place than they were a year ago and clearly are trying to right the ship.
I been wanting to read their lineup but nothign pops at me.

Parallax

not muh batgurl, so i dont care about lame ass spoiler

akira28

I like Steph as the Spoiler, fuckin up Tim Robin's groove thang while being totally adorbs while kinda klutzy with a ton of heart. I don't like her as Batgirl, or Robinesque, and I really dislike any attempts to make the 'Selina hates Bruce because Bruce pushes everyone away because he's so miserable being Batman bullshit' come true. It's just cheap. Anyone could come up with that way overly obvious bullshit, and that's not why I read comics. And that's their plan for the whole next year? No good.

ReiGun

I'd rather Carrie Kelly be batgirl than queen fuck up come back

Now that's some fuckery and you know it.

Carrie Kelly is so ass.

I like Steph as the Spoiler, fuckin up Tim Robin's groove thang while being totally adorbs while kinda klutzy with a ton of heart. I don't like her as Batgirl, or Robinesque, and I really dislike any attempts to make the Selina hates Bruce because Bruce pushes everyone away because he's so miserable being Batman bullshit. It's just cheap. Anyone could come up with that way overly obvious bullshit, and that's not why I read comics.
The Batman Eternal thing was a flashforward though; we don't why things end up the way they do. I'd rather wait to see what happens and how the story plays out than get mad based on assumptions. Synder has never been about writing Bruce as totally miserable and lonely, and I have no reason to believe he's doing that here.

Carrie Kelly is so ass.

ib0uQqwjWsTHQl.gif

akira28

Synder has never been about writing Bruce as totally miserable and lonely, and I have no reason to believe he's doing that here.

I think there's an actual quote from Didio that that's what the editor pool thinks is part of the Bat mythos. Him as a the tragic dark knight who isn't allowed to be happy for long, because of his chosen path. They think that's noble or some bullshit.

They put on a cape and a cowl for a reason. They’re committed to being that person, they’re committed to defending others—at the sacrifice of all their own personal instincts. That’s something we reinforce. If you look at every one of the characters in the Batman family, their personal lives kind of suck.

Slayven

I think there's an actual quote from Didio that that's what the editor pool thinks is part of the Bat mythos. Him as a the tragic dark knight who isn't allowed to be happy for long, because of his chosen path. They think that's noble or some bullshit.

And that is what I hate the most.

ReiGun

And that's stupid, and why I hate most recent Batman stuff. That said, the reason I read Synder's (and Morrison's back when he was still on the character) Batman is that he manages to navigate that and make Bruce and the Bat Family still feel like real people with personalities beyond brooding and desires beyond being crimefighters. He makes the sacrifice part of a larger whole, as opposed to being the entire character.

Stephanie brown is ass too.
You mother-

it is what is though. you can like ass characters. I do.
Damn. You beat me to the middle ground. Well played.

After a week I had to drop FF14. It just didnt click with me at all and I got tired of it rather quickly. I know cats that are playing that shit religiously though.

Furyous

That cocaine lorraine chick y'all talking abouf is overrated.
I'd go out like that doctor in the authority draining my soul into her from a 2,000 hour smang session.
It's badder women on IG. Glendys89 is better. Kari Lopez is better. Winny Munoz is better. Dominque Chinn is better. Briana Bette is better. This all information sources close to me tell me.

No Kells but if Stephanie Brown is back does that mean Cassandra Cain will make her return? The dark vengence teen from birds of prey needs to make a comeback.

Who has the link to that rihanna video a while back where she was somewhere talking about a horse?

Parallax

No Kells but if Stephanie Brown is back does that mean Cassandra Cain will make her return? The dark vengence teen from birds of prey needs to make a comeback.

probably not. didios shitlist seems to be longer than all the characters used in the nu52.

ReiGun

Wally and Steph are coming back, but they had fans clamoring for their return from jump. After them, Cain and Donna seem to be the next up, but outcry for them isn't nearly as vocal.

So it'll probably be a while.

So my friend was at a club last night in Toronto and Christy Mack
kttcoliahh
, Nicole Aniston
kttcoliwhoo
, Karlie Montana
kttcolishaq
and Lisa Ann
kttcolihuhldup
were there.

Possibly Jesse Jane too
kttcolinoah

Fuck this dude for not sending me an invite smh

FyreWulff

So my friend was at a club last night in Toronto and Christy Mack
kttcoliahh
, Nicole Aniston
kttcoliwhoo
, Karlie Montana
kttcolishaq
and Lisa Ann
kttcolihuhldup
were there.

Possibly Jesse Jane too
kttcolinoah

Fuck this dude for not sending me an invite smh

They were there in that they were all at a private table behind a rope and bodyguards while everyone else in the club checked into foursquare and said they were at the club with them

They were there in that they were all at a private table behind a rope and bodyguards while everyone else in the club checked into foursquare and said they were at the club with them
Dude made me feel like I missed out on the whole world smh

And Nicole
bae
didn't make it into Canada shiiiiieeeet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom