• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where you're from - Marietta, GA
Where you live - Austell, GA
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Black
Do you know your roots - not really
Your Age - 31
Favorite musical genre - Mainly Rap, R&B, Electronica and Old school R&B (but I'll give anything a shot...except for country)
Your profession/major/career interest - IT
Your religious affiliation - Christian
Hobbies - Video Games, working out

Your Age - 31
Favorite musical genre - Mainly Rap, R&B, Electronica and Old school R&B (but I'll give anything a shot...except for country)

Welcome, mang

Your Age - 31

Welcome to the show.

Congrats Smokey.

Slayven

The answer to high resolution has always been "get a PC"

I never understood the "count the pixals " crowd. I play games to play them. And unless they have super obvious technical problems that make them unplayable, like Godhand or launch Anarchy Online, who cares?

FyreWulff

I never understood the "count the pixals " crowd. I play games to play them. And unless they have super obvious technical problems that make them unplayable, like Godhand or launch Anarchy Online, who cares?

Scalers make resolution moot on console anyway, since they bypass the poop scalers in most TVs.

Although, I'll be honest. If a developer can't hit 1080p, I would not waste time getting up to anything above 720p. I understand "get as many pixels as we can to the scaler", but it feels like the people that actually CARE that it's 1080p aren't going to like that, and the people that don't care can't tell the difference between 200 extra pixels being fed to the 1080p scaler anyway. Might as well go for native res at one of the two mainstream HD resolutions that has the larger install base instead of throwing away performance trying and failing to reach native at the other resolution.

I forsee most PS4/Bone games being shit like 1000p, 900p, etc later in the gen when they want to pull off more effects. Same thing happened with the 360 where everything was in 720p, then you started getting stuff like 640p in Halo 3.

Slayven

Scalers make resolution moot on console anyway, since they bypass the poop scalers in most TVs.

Although, I'll be honest. If a developer can't hit 1080p, I would not waste time getting up to anything above 720p. I understand "get as many pixels as we can to the scaler", but it feels like the people that actually CARE that it's 1080p aren't going to like that, and the people that don't care can't tell the difference between 200 extra pixels being fed to the 1080p scaler anyway. Might as well go for native res at one of the two mainstream HD resolutions that has the larger install base instead of throwing away performance trying and failing to reach native at the other resolution.

I forsee most PS4/Bone games being shit like 1000p, 900p, etc later in the gen when they want to pull off more effects. Same thing happened with the 360 where everything was in 720p, then you started getting stuff like 640p in Halo 3.

And the majority don't care. Folks getting 60 inch tvs and still using component cables.

FyreWulff

And the majority don't care. Folks getting 60 inch tvs and still using component cables.

You don't even want to know how many TVs I've seen with the composite hookups on an HD 40"+

The only time I let that slide was with Netflix. Could never blame Wii60 owners from using the Wii instead of the 360 for Netflix because Microsoft insists on charging people to use Netflix on their platforms.

I just want high frame rates for FPS. That's about as picky as I get when it comes to tech.

yup

Slayven

I just want high frame rates for FPS. That's about as picky as I get when it comes to tech.
I love your Halo talk.

You don't even want to know how many TVs I've seen with the composite hookups on an HD 40"+

The only time I let that slide was with Netflix. Could never blame Wii60 owners from using the Wii instead of the 360 for Netflix because Microsoft insists on charging people to use Netflix on their platforms.

yup
My nephew calsl his Wii his "Mario Movie Game".

BoA = Black on Asian.

NdXjCmi.png

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Ishi you are a lady question how long is too long and how short is too short?

It depends. Quickies 10 mins long are no big deal but other times I think 40 mins to an hour is fine. Tbh, I think there really is no length that's too long. It's nice if it stretches on.

Now, too short is 5 mins lol

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Ooh I got a good ava for BOA (lovely Korean singer btw lol but moving on).

My little sister loved DBSK before they split but still follows them. There was an incident with one guy dancing with this black chick. Think I'll find a pic and work with it.

RedSwirl

I didn't notice the resolution shit until the first time I hooked up a PC to a TV and started playing Crysis. I realized at that moment that I'd never seen modern graphics in true 1080p on a TV before. I realized the HD I'd been seeing on PS3 and Xbox 360 was a lie.

That said, the Xbox 360 has a pretty decent scaler. The PS3 version of Final Fantasy XIII also upscales pretty well. There's still a stark difference between upscaling and true native res though. Most people who can't tell the difference just don't have shit configured properly.

As for framerates in shooters, they should treat that just like they treat fighting games, racing games, and music games. In those genres 60fps is pretty much treated as a requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom