• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
YNsDS5Q.jpg

out here fronting like she don't mess with pink ninjas.

J10

Banned
I've only ever noticed the difference between 30 and 60 once, a very long time ago. I immediately went from playing Metroid Prime to Halo CE. Halo suddenly looked like it was shimmering/stuttering. It took a few minutes for my eyes to adjust and the effect to become unnoticeable. I A-B'd it a few times to be sure of what I was seeing.

Also, Kari Lopez has a fake ass AND she warps some of her pics to make it look bigger.

For me it depends on the genre; for example it's really obvious in fighting games and FPS, but varies for others.

Yup. Frame rate is only obvious when you're dealing with gameplay where split second timing matters. RPG's, Puzzle games, PnC's, Building (or "God") games, etc.. don't have any real noticeable difference between 30 and 60 frames.

The first time I noticed the difference between 30 and 60 was DOA2 on PS2 and DC. DC had cutscenes at 30fps and PS2 had them at 60fps and the difference was huge to me. I've been 60fps since.

harSon

Banned
I can see the difference, but its obviousness is genre dependent, and in a lot of cases, it takes a conscious effort to differentiate between the two. Obviously, it's going to be more apparent when there's a direct comparison on stand by, but unless it's a genre reliant on 60 FPS or a fast paced game, it's definitely more difficult to deduce without direct comparisons on hand. Having said that, I'll obviously take 60 FPS if given the choice, but if there's no viable alternative for me as a consumer (where my friends are playing weigh heavy in this regard), then 30 FPS or a lower resolution is perfectly playable IMO. Especially if I go into it without having an experience with the technologically superior alternative to reference it to.

Having said that, gamers aren't doing themselves a favor in regards to disregarding the notion of gamer entitlement when they do stuff like shit on those who can't tell the difference between 30/60 FPS or different resolutions, or are willing to play technologically inferior versions of X game.

I can see the difference, but its obviousness is genre dependent, and in a lot of cases, it takes a conscious effort to differentiate between the two. Obviously, it's going to be more apparent when there's a direct comparison on stand by, but unless it's a genre reliant on 60 FPS or a fast paced game, it's definitely more difficult to deduce without direct comparisons on hand. Having said that, I'll obviously take 60 FPS if given the choice, but if there's no viable alternative for me as a consumer (where my friends are playing weigh heavy in this regard), then 30 FPS or a lower resolution is perfectly playable IMO. Especially if I go into it without having an experience with the technologically superior alternative to reference it to.

Having said that, gamers aren't doing themselves a favor in regards to disregarding the notion of gamer entitlement when they do stuff like shit on those who can't tell the difference between 30/60 FPS or different resolutions, or are willing to play technologically inferior versions of X game.

I disagree completely. It's immediately obvious when a game is 60fps vs 30fps in pretty much any case, I've never had to put in effort to tell between the two.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Also, Kari Lopez has a fake ass AND she warps some of her pics to make it look bigger.

Don't they all do that?

Either through photo editing or taking pictures from certain angles or on funny mirrors

I can't believe there are this many girls walking around with these grotesque ass figures

ReiGun

I can't tell the difference between 30 and 60 unless I'm watching a side by side comparison, and as long as the game is playable, I don't really give a shit.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
the constant 30/60 fps discussions is part of why I don't really browse/post in many gaming threads anymore on here.

Especially the action game threads. So sick of the bayonetta port comparisons and the PC port begging circle jerks. IMAGINE x game at 60 FPS!!! THE WAY THE GAME WAS MEANT TO BE PLAYED

As long as the framerate is stable it's whatever. I'd much rather talk about games than performance and technical bullshit

The only time I noticed FPS was in Saints Row 4 (because how could you fucking not lmao) and in Majora's Mask recently. If it's not a direct side-by-side comparison, then I can't tell the difference, and I usually don't give a shit.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Stephanie Brown > Barbara.

You all know it's true. Barbara needs to go back to being Oracle aka useful.

oracles mere existence shits all over everything stephanie brown related. even her garbage series people can say" at least oracle was dope" there is no oracle for brown. just fail after fail.

you guys hear about Cocaine Lorraine?

er mah gawd at her IG

EDIT: I usually keep the thirst trapping to myself but damn.

im not getting the hype for this chick. she isnt doing anything for me

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
This ain't doing nothing for you breh?

I like a pretty face more than anything

Not saying she's ugly but with the make-up and the bleached hair and the contacts and her expressions.

Not doing it for me. Just seem like any other girl you see dolled up at the club. Not my type of chick

oracles mere existence shits all over everything stephanie brown related. even her garbage series people can say" at least oracle was dope" there is no oracle for brown. just fail after fail.

The fact you immediately call her Oracle proves what I'm saying is true...Barbara is a shit batgirl. People who think Barbara was best Batgirl are the same cats who think Aquaman is like A-league or something.

Barbara is the Jason Todd of Batgirls, she was a better character when she wasn't wearing the cowl....much like Jason is a better character post Robin.

wrong complexion for the freckles to work

This is just incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom