• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

Guess Nick Cannon won't be seeing 12 years a slave.

vsxXPS2.jpg

http://bossip.com/864568/for-discus...king-too-many-slave-movies-to-scare-blacks/3/

Nakazato

Two of the worst words in the English language.
Yep and I need is also bullshit cause its not normally important
Sounds more like, "Naka, you should start ignoring our calls and make us leave messages."
Fine with me not like I check them often lol
OK, how are you gonna ask somebody for help while telling them they ain't shit? LOL

My face woulda been like
tumblr_lv3aq4jA2r1qzl7a2.gif

That doesn't make any damn sense.
People dont understand I should have been paid 15-20 dollars an hour. But yet cause your family Im taking time out my day to do something I never going to use and your going to fuck up 20-30 mins after I walk out the door by Dl'ing TheManofSteel.exe

How can they dog you like that when you're doing them a favor? Seriously, what is their thought process? So disrespectful. You handled that better than I would have, stuff like that is enough for me to justify burning bridges altogether.
They did and they have call many time to get there shit fixed and Im like I'm out of town or No
Naka, was probably looking smug and uppity while he fixed that tech shit. Thinking he's all learn't. I don't blame them.
Me uppity lol. Im one of the most down to earth people. My simple rule is dont fuck with me I wont fuck with you.

harSon

Banned

He's 100% right on that first point. I'm kind of sick of slaves, servants, civil rights, woe is me movies too. And if you're going to give me a slave movie, do something different for a change like a Toussaint Louverture biopic. I give 12 Years a Slave a pass though, because it's an absolute travesty that its the first slave film by a Black director. Sometime's cultural perspective from a creative standpoint is incredibly important.

That's why I was excited for that Will Smith movie announced years ago about Taharqa, a Nubian Pharaoh of Egypt. Hell, it doesn't even have to have black people in it, give me a fucking non-Moses or Cleopatra movie on Egypt (sans white people in bronzer please) and I'll be happy. The Hollywood notion that non-white culture's interesting history began and ended with their interactions with white people has grown old as fuck.

Nakazato

He's 100% right on that first point. I'm kind of sick of slaves, servants, civil rights, woe is me movies too. And if you're going to give me a slave movie, do something different for a change like a Toussaint Louverture biopic. I give 12 Years a Slave a pass though, because it's an absolute travesty that its the first slave film by a Black director. Sometime's cultural perspective from a creative standpoint is incredibly important.

That's why I was excited for that Will Smith movie announced years ago about Taharqa, a Nubian Pharaoh of Egypt. Hell, it doesn't even have to have black people in it, give me a fucking non-Moses or Cleopatra movie on Egypt (sans white people in bronzer please) and I'll be happy. The Hollywood notion that non-white culture's interesting history began and ended with their interactions with white people has grown old as fuck.

wont happen

Dereck

It was at its peak when you had fights like Jiraya vs Pein and Kakashi and Shikamaru vs Hidan and Kakuzu.
After that the fights turned into some shit tier DBZ nonsense. The plot with the Uchiha Clan had promise but was mishandled. Naruto's Kyuubi transformation made it impossible to have interesting fights because it was just POWER. After his battle against Pein I knew the series was done.
Shouldn't it be ending soon?

DominoKid

i told a family member that one day I got "Nigga you ain't better than no one else" I got up told them fix you own fucking PC then have fun and walked out.

fuck that. i learned at a young age to charge family for everything. they're coming off w/ some money or a meal for my services.

harSon

Banned
Damn, ya'll charge family for services? Don't think I have it in me to do that. I have most of my family/friends set up so I can service their stuff remotely, since more times than not, their computer issues are virus/malware related.

Damn, ya'll charge family for services? Don't think I have it in me to do that. I have most of my family/friends set up so I can service their stuff remotely, since more times than not, their computer issues are virus/malware related.

For me, I don't charge if we're on good terms.
If we ain't, or if it takes more than a reasonable amount of effort, then I charge.

the rest of the tweets are dumb, but I'm with him on the top one.

Same here, but him being in hollywood should know why they arent making movies about african royalty. What he need to do is get off the soapbox, link up with some of the black movers and shakers in hollywood and make it happen.

Slayven

My boy Michael Ealy? And speaking of Michael Ealy, his Showtime show Sleeper Cell is pretty slept on. Damned good show.

Can never look at that dude and not think of that fuck ass scene in "For Colored Girls". The whole movie is fuck ass, but that damn scene. It was worse than the whole of Book of Eli.

BlackJace

It was at its peak when you had fights like Jiraya vs Pein and Kakashi and Shikamaru vs Hidan and Kakuzu.
After that the fights turned into some shit tier DBZ nonsense. The plot with the Uchiha Clan had promise but was mishandled. Naruto's Kyuubi transformation made it impossible to have interesting fights because it was just POWER. After his battle against Pein I knew the series was done.

I kind of blame the Storm games lol. The ultimate jutsus would often display entire swaths of land been cratered and shit like that. Mountains being leveled, etc.

It was just so ridiculous coming from a series that started out with kids who could barely throw a knife.

Gorillaz

For Colored Girls is heavy handed as fuck and honestly poorly written, but hey, we all know the writing and style of TP by now.

RedSwirl

I always find it funny people say "X doesn't look black" despite blacks and africans in general have the most genetic diversity of all the ethnic groups. But we can only look a certain way according to most people.

Probably because in all that genetic diversity you don't see differences as stark and immediate as hair or eye color. To most, Africa is all brown people.

Probably because in all that genetic diversity you don't see differences as stark and immediate as hair or eye color. To most, Africa is all brown people.

Eye color? On the continent that has blacks/africans with: blue, green, hazel, gray (blue) eyes, or blacks/africans with brown hair, blonde hair, and black hair? I mean how much more diverse do they have to be? Cause that's pretty diverse.

You mean every attractive black woman in Hollywood?

Man I remember that Beyonce thread in OT some dude said something like "I didn't even know Beyonce was black, I always thought she was white...she looks white."

word?...word?

JohnDoe

Banned
Man I remember that Beyonce thread in OT some dude said something like "I didn't even know Beyonce was black, I always thought she was white...she looks white."

word?...word?

what? why...

how?

must be that denial. just pretend they are white because "nah, I'm not attracted to black girls dude"

RedSwirl

Eye color? On the continent that has blacks/africans with: blue, green, hazel, gray (blue) eyes, or blacks/africans with brown hair, blonde hair, and black hair? I mean how much more diverse do they have to be? Cause that's pretty diverse.

But how much of that shit do people outside Africa know?

What's that Ms. Auditing asshole? An hour before I have been here for 12 hours and get to go home you're gonna request 4 reports for 25 random days? ....oh and you want me to check for particular codes on each page?

Get fuuuuucked.

I'll be here til midnight...

BHZ Mayor

I just saw on the news that dudes is selling dope on Instagram. While showing their faces. They even showed one dude who took a selfie with a gun talking about "yes the safety is off."

What in the complete unabridged edition of the fuck part of the game is this?

DominoKid

I just saw on the news that dudes is selling dope on Instagram. While showing their faces. They even showed one dude who took a selfie with a gun talking about "yes the safety is off."

that dude has no business in the drug game.

Not having common sense and not knowing the cardinal rule of the Internet, what you put on there stays on there. Had a friend of a friend post a pic of her smoking a blunt while holdingher 8 month baby. Needless to say DFAC got, involved the next morning
Look at Dy jr. No one tot teach him how to climb trees.

BYpIbaiCcAAWTD8.jpg:large

Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom