• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHZ Mayor

But real talk, I'm hoping there can be some sort of discussion of people's views and why things are the way they are around here, and for that discussion to be started, it has to be just laid out with no beating around the bush, and doing so may seem like bait or inflammatory, so I'll take that risk. I even tried to make it as non-inflammatory as possible even going as far as removing the names from my examples. Maybe it'll be a start in breaking the cycle of 'thread about something racist -> defense -> response -> vent about it here (and occasionally bring up the double standard of defenses)', and nothing ever changes. But if not, I tried. Oh well.

Slayven

But real talk, I'm hoping there can be some sort of discussion of people's views and why things are the way they are around here, and for that discussion to be started, it has to be just laid out with no beating around the bush, and doing so may seem like bait or inflammatory, so I'll take that risk. I even tried to make it as non-inflammatory as possible even going as far as removing the names from my examples. Maybe it'll be a start in breaking the cycle of 'thread about something racist -> defense -> response -> vent about it here (and occasionally bring up the double standard of defenses)', and nothing ever changes. But if not, I tried. Oh well.
You alright except for the Sonic fan thing.

Imm0rt4l

Yo, I don't hear the N-word in the Sly clips. Sounds more like media but said by a game with a speech impediment.

He claims he said asshole, which I highly doubt. I can't really bring myself to care though for some reason. I think it isn't really surprising to me if he did indeed say nigger.

If Van Damme said it, that would hurt.

Slayven

He claims he said asshole, which I highly doubt. I can't really bring myself to care though for some reason. I think it isn't really surprising to me if he did indeed say nigger.

If Van Damme said it, that would hurt.

Knowing Sly's brother I can believe it.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
At Janelle Monae concert. She's due on in about a half hour. Hyped as fuck but I should have brought some industrial strength axe bodyspray with me, guy in front of me has the comic con funk aura from hell.

Slayven

At Janelle Monae concert. She's due on in about a half hour. Hyped as fuck but I should have brought some industrial strength axe bodyspray with me, guy in front of me has the comic con funk aura from hell.

Make sure you hose off before you go in the house.

JohnDoe

Banned

Have fun dude, she's an excellent live performer from what I've seen.
She's fine as hell too (dat ass is
cVNFCJV.png
)

Wish she'd perform here but she's not popular in Switzerland :(

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

good on you for making the thread, but I gotta skip it

I'm to the point where anything I say would just be too bitter

J10

Banned
I couldn't not just laugh at that though because he posted it mere SECONDS after Htown made the point. Too good.

It's just impossible to have an honest discussion because let's nitpick about something completely irrelevant to the larger point being made.

Didn't want to make an off topic post in that thread but man HTown.. I just saw that episode of Dr. Who today and it was great. One of my favorite so far (watching the series for the first time).

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Didn't want to make an off topic post in that thread but man HTown.. I just saw that episode of Dr. Who today and it was great. One of my favorite so far (watching the series for the first time).

It's really good. Maybe my single favorite Who episode.

Imm0rt4l

My mom and my sisters losing their damn minds over last nights episode of Scandal, moreso than usual. Not interested in the show, but I'm guessing something major must have happened.

My ps4 keep cutting off fam. What am I to do :(

what you mean? either way go to the troubleshooting thread or call sony.

Nakazato

So after being im my 1st race thread in 6-8 months

I now see why Devo and Timedog are together lol

Perfect 4 each other

..... Sry Slay

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I touched Janell's thighs.

Shut it down, it's all over. My life is complete.

Yeah she was crowdsurfing but it still counts.

Terrance Howard said:
"We did a three-picture deal. That means you did the deal ahead of time—a certain amount for the first one, a certain amount for the second, a certain amount for the third. They came to me with the second and said 'look, we will pay you one-eighth of what we contractually had for you, because we think the second one will be successful with or without you.' And I called my friend, that I helped get the first job, and he didn't call me back for three months," Howard added."Oh, I love him. God's going to bless him," .

About why he wasnt Iron Man 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom