• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine posted a pic of herself her eye swollen shut fucked up by her ex dude, I'm so heated right now pity I dnt know what he looks like. Dude refuses to get dumped :(

harSon

Banned
Alright Playstation 4, you are legit.

Perfect? No, not at all, but for a launch console it's doing it proper for the most part.

I didn't think I'd even care for the social features, but here I am watching a Playstation Live stream of NFS and I had zero intention of getting this game before, yet now I am thinking I just might.

And the DS4 is great.

I regret opening mine. First of all, I had to get a replacement from the Sony store since my controllers wouldn't sync to the damn console, thank God they had a couple in stock. All of my gaming friends are getting Xbox Ones, so I had to hold off on stuff like Battlefield 4, Madden, etc. since those are games I'd rather be playing with friends. I wanted to take advantage of Target's Buy 2 Get 1 free promotion, but I've never been a fan of Killzone, so I couldn't really think of 3 games I'd even want to purchase. I ended up just getting an extra controller and 2K14, so I basically dropped $500 to play 2K14 and Resogun, instead of just copping the damn game for Xbox One and waiting until next year when Sony's first party games start to roll in.

And the UI is trash as fuck. Oh, and why couldn't 2K14 have that play as you install feature? That install was mad long, and all I could do is watch a damn preview of the game till the shit hit 100%

harSon

Banned
NBA2k14 did have quick play during install. You could just play as the Heat v. Spurs. Harson, pls.

It's too late to test it now, but I pressed the option button to bring up the menu, and whenever I'd select Quick Play it'd do a long ass load and bring me back to the computer vs computer demo. I could make minor coaching/emphasis changes, but couldn't figure out how to actually play.

Plus who the f wants to play as the Heat or Spurs?

It's too late to test it now, but I pressed the option button to bring up the menu, and whenever I'd select Quick Play it'd do a long ass load and bring me back to the computer vs computer demo. I could make minor coaching/emphasis changes, but couldn't figure out how to actually play.

Plus who the f wants to play as the Heat or Spurs?

what? the Spurs are a very respected organization with fans worldwide.

Imm0rt4l

5863baec4c9311e3918a121a8d05b8dd_7.jpg

Posted this on ig a few days ago and the author just commented "nice pants".

I lol'd

I regret opening mine. First of all, I had to get a replacement from the Sony store since my controllers wouldn't sync to the damn console, thank God they had a couple in stock. All of my gaming friends are getting Xbox Ones, so I had to hold off on stuff like Battlefield 4, Madden, etc. since those are games I'd rather be playing with friends. I wanted to take advantage of Target's Buy 2 Get 1 free promotion, but I've never been a fan of Killzone, so I couldn't really think of 3 games I'd even want to purchase. I ended up just getting an extra controller and 2K14, so I basically dropped $500 to play 2K14 and Resogun, instead of just copping the damn game for Xbox One and waiting until next year when Sony's first party games start to roll in.

And the UI is trash as fuck. Oh, and why couldn't 2K14 have that play as you install feature? That install was mad long, and all I could do is watch a damn preview of the game till the shit hit 100%

It sounds like you took Ls because of the games that are fun that you couldn't buy (except Resogun). Disagree about the UI, shit's fast and simple.

I do have my gripes, but they're all minor because everything else outshines it by a country mile. Even with the Music Unlimited BS, I was still able to find a good 80% of my needed gaming music. Controller lifespan needs work, but that's what the charging station is for.

The Share button recording is good, but weirdly inconsistent with video.

BF4 has the best campaign so far. KZ is different, but stunning visually. Extinction mode is my favorite thing about Ghosts--hard as fuck, but still fun.

A friend of mine posted a pic of herself her eye swollen shut fucked up by her ex dude, I'm so heated right now pity I dnt know what he looks like. Dude refuses to get dumped :(

I know what that feels like, hopefully she comes to her senses. None of the cases I knew had a happy ending unless cops got involved.

AfroMW

How long you been training fam?

Just over a year, they've had me sparring frequently so the whole nervousness of getting hit went away a long time ago. From light sparring to just flat out heavy hits, they taught me real fast how to handle hits and evade them.

I'm a defensive fighter so counter punches and kicks are my main strength, they also trained me to abuse the range I have due to being tall and having a long reach so I'm more inclined to frustrate someone until they do something risky.

Imm0rt4l

Where did you steal the book from?

Brother Mouzone(from The Wire, a show you wouldn't know about) said that the most dangerous thing in America is a nigga with a library card.

somehow my credit is so bad that I can't be approved for one though(I didn't even know this was a thing), so I just lifted it from Barnes and Noble.

Gorillaz

Brother Mouzone(from The Wire, a show you wouldn't know about) said that the most dangerous thing in America is a nigga with a library card.

somehow my credit is so bad that I can't be approved for one though(I didn't even know this was a thing), so I just lifted it from Barnes and Noble.

RwyC8Mu.gif

since was credit needed for a library card tho? haha

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
3DS is neat.

I have no fucking idea how anyone could say that its better than the Vita on a hardware level though. They look, feel, and operate world's apart.

But this library is something serious...

And Fire Emblem is legit. Not going to lie, I have a serious issue not hard-reseting when I lose a soldier in this compared to XCOM.

Also, Oprah's niece...
igyuqDfhp7xD0.png

BlackJace

3DS is neat.

I have no fucking idea how anyone could say that its better than the Vita on a hardware level though. They look, feel, and operate world's apart.

And Fire Emblem is legit. Not going to lie, I have a serious issue not hard-reseting when I lose a soldier in this compared to XCOM.

Also, Oprah's niece...
igyuqDfhp7xD0.png

You got a friend code, DY?

Just over a year, they've had me sparring frequently so the whole nervousness of getting hit went away a long time ago. From light sparring to just flat out heavy hits, they taught me real fast how to handle hits and evade them.

I'm a defensive fighter so counter punches and kicks are my main strength, they also trained me to abuse the range I have due to being tall and having a long reach so I'm more inclined to frustrate someone until they do something risky.

Well be sure to stay calm and since you're a counterfighter be sure to hit while your being hit even if the dude is better than you, he will probably back-off when they taste that return fire

BlackJace

Naw, not yet (I don't know how to do this lol). I'm only fucking around today because I was given a day off for putting in overtime this week and last.

It's stupid the way Nintendo does it. In the friends menu, which has the orange smiley face, you can register a friend. You enter their code, and if they enter your code, you both become friends.

Glad the got rid of that for the Wii U, but I can't fathom why it was a thing at all.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
3DS is neat.

Also, Oprah's niece...
igyuqDfhp7xD0.png

share that friend code dude

mine is 4425 1829 1606

I'mma need cats to start takin responsibilities for their own actions and shit.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

Go back to sleep, you're still drunk.

reilo

Also, EA has a huge fucking L right now with that Xbox One exclusive for Titanfall after these crazy ass sell-through numbers for the PS4.

Slayven

Also, EA has a huge fucking L right now with that Xbox One exclusive for Titanfall after these crazy ass sell-through numbers for the PS4.

I tell you what, the more I hear about Titanfall the more it turns me off. One mech at a time? Fuck that shit.

reilo

I tell you what, the more I hear about Titanfall the more it turns me off. One mech at a time? Fuck that shit.

One mech at a time? As in, one side can only have one mech total in a round?

Slayven

One mech at a time? As in, one side can only have one mech total in a round?

layers fight either on foot as free-running "pilots" or inside agile mech-style walkers called "Titans" to complete team-based objectives[5][6] on a derelict and war-torn planet[7] as either the Interstellar Manufacturing Corporation (IMC) or the Militia.[8] The game is online multiplayer-only, but injects single-player elements such as plot, character chatter, and non-player characters into its matches.[9] Respawn founder Vince Zampella described the game as bringing "scale, verticality, and story" to first-person shooter multiplayer gaming.[10]

Players choose their pilot types and are dropped on the map, beginning the game.[11] A timer displays the time until a Titan can be deployed, which is reduced by killing other players.[11] Once deployed, Titans are protected by a forcefield for about 30 seconds, which protects the player-pilot as well.[11] Pilots are agile and accumulate momentum while running (similar to Tribes), which lets players run on walls and chain together double jumps.[10] There are multiple types of Titans, each with unique abilities and animations.[10] Pilot and Titan controls are identical except where the pilot's double jump becomes the Titan's dash,[10] as Titans cannot jump, crouch, or cover.[11] The mechs are not slow, but their movement is slower than the nimble pilots.[11] Titan game-balancing abilities include the vortex blocker, which stops and returns enemy ammunition in midair, and electrified smoke, which hurts and repels pilots climbing the Titan's back.[10] Player-pilots can eject from Titans that take too much damage, and the Titan replacement timer is reset upon the Titan's death.[11] Games end with a race to the losing team's evacuation dropship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom