• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deprive

Chrono Cross was a solid RPG and a nice side story/sequel to arguably the best RPG of all time. Solid soundtrack memorable characters and one of the coolest depictions of alternate realities in fiction. Really don't understand the hate when on the same system you got shit like Beyond the Beyond.....

That fucking game :| Damn someone else play it too tho. Think it was the 1st ps1 game I bought too.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Games I probably won't ever get a sequel to:

-God Hand
-Vanquish
-VJ3
-Shogo
-Nolf
-RE2 remake

or another Shock game in space.

edit: I click on Nakazato's stream link only to see him taking an L in killzone. lol

Gorillaz

BCT is set if shit ever popped off.

We got immortal chilling in gyms and reading like he's brother Mouzone or some shit
Dy who is out for blood and has went AWOL, probably on the run as we speak
The ghost of onemic

....I think....I think we might be good

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
nah, it's just hard to get into without a gamefaqs guide. But once you learn about all the secret battles and secret enemies you have to find in order to unlock the more powerful spells, the game really opens up.

Like it's possible to finish the game without seeing 40% of the battle spells. They have this whole Pokemon like safari game going on where you capture the different spells from certain enemies and some enemies only appear at certain times and locations, etc.

see thats my problem. the moment you have to start learning about secret things for a game to be fun, rather than a game to be fun with secrets, you run into issues

Games I probably won't ever get a sequel to:

-Nolf

She WILL fuckin' return

decadenoonelives.jpg

Gorillaz

The worst thing to happen to killzone was to be called the halo killer. Even with them fixing problems with the series along the way it always had that "stench" ever since

The worst thing to happen to killzone was to be called the halo killer. Even with them fixing problems with the series along the way it always had that "stench" ever since

The badguys always looked like steampunk Nazis.

There's an anime called Jin-Roh Wolf Brigade that's usually synonymous with KZ.

Killzone 1 was a fantastic FPS rivaled only by Black as one of the better FPSs from the PS2/Xbox era. It was one of the first games that did that cool feature where you actually look at your weapon when you reloaded. Also each character played differently which was cool for the time. Too bad the series like most FPSs went into the Halo direction. I mean hell look at Red Faction 1 to 2. So much potential wasted to go into the "all the cool kids are doing it" direction.

Slayven

The first was fantastic, the second had cool coop and the third I didn't touch cause of my disdain for the direction of the story. But since this gen is over pretty much there's a shitload of games I'm gonna snatch up on the cheap.

About to get this next week, will it mean I am into Moe?
Neptunia.jpg

I am trying to see if this will drop in price, cause i want the version with theme music.

Battride_War.jpg

Never fucked with Hyperdimensional Neptunia. But Battride war my boy traded in a copy of it in Villa Rica, Game if you wanna take a ride to snatch it up.

But there was a lot of solid gems that were slept on over the last couple gens to tie me over until next year when I snatch up the new consoles.

Gorillaz

The first was fantastic, the second had cool coop and the third I didn't touch cause of my disdain for the direction of the story. But since this gen is over pretty much there's a shitload of games I'm gonna snatch up on the cheap.

Sony really should have had one of their 1st party studios create a new FPS. KZ is good but it's never going to do big numbers because of it's name.

I think Resistance was poised to be "that shooter". I actually liked R2 and it's big ass TDM matches. Sony honestly needs someone like a Bungie or Naughty Dog that knows what they are doing and have something to set out and accomplish.

harSon

Banned
Anyone getting an X1?

Yup. I'll probably be doing the majority of my gaming on it. Don't see myself gaming much on the Playstation 4 until Infamous comes out. My friends are undecided on what games they're getting, but Forza and Killer Instinct are definite purchases. I'm not sure about Madden, Battlefield or Call of Duty, but I'll likely get one of the three if my friends collectively get it. If they don't jump on Battlefield for XB1, I'll probably pick it up for Playstation 4 so my $400 isn't a completely misguided decision on my part, plus it doesn't hurt that it's the superior experience between the two.

Dead Rising 3 and Ryse are maybes at this point, and probably depend on review scores. I'll likely end up picking them up when I can cop them for a decent price down the line though.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
About to get this next week, will it mean I am into Moe?
Neptunia.jpg

I am judging the fuck out of you right now.

Image search it one time. But don't do it at work because you'll get fired.

At least Agarest War "surprised" people once they started playing off of an impulse purchase - it doesn't outright advertise the shitty PS2 graphics specifically designed to show you the cleavage of a 400 year old 12 year old (Legal in futurespace!) while giving you a nothingspecial gameplay experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom