• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, that "How Long Since You Had Sex" thread made me think of something. Is this fuck up:

Say I had sex with a chick and the next day or week I went on a date with a different chick. The chick I am on a date with asks "When was the last time you had sex?." The answer should always be "It's been awhile." Right?

Guys, that "How Long Since You Had Sex" thread made me think of something. Is this fuck up:

Say I had sex with a chick and the next day or week I went on a date with a different chick. The chick I am on a date with asks "When was the last time you had sex?." The answer should always be "It's been awhile." Right?

Why not ask "Why do you ask?"

Anyone getting an X1?

Probably not. Titanfall - PC, sequel on PS4. No reason to really get one.

The first was fantastic, the second had cool coop and the third I didn't touch cause of my disdain for the direction of the story. But since this gen is over pretty much there's a shitload of games I'm gonna snatch up on the cheap.

Truth. Basically, the ending of 2 and the beginning of 3 isn't really coherent, especially if you read some of the co-op documents.

That said, the campaign is pretty good, but the Horde Mode co-op is bad, and the online was meh. Perfection would be R1/3's Campaign with R2's co-op.

Sony honestly needs someone like a Bungie or Naughty Dog that knows what they are doing and have something to set out and accomplish.

Well, that was U3's goal. Personally, didn't grab me beyond Co-op Adventure Mode (even though the story wasn't really there), and I loved US prepatch 1.04. I have a feeling that Destiny will wind up fighting a lot of those battles for them on the FPS front.

it was gritty as fuck in the first one.. i guess it got brighter and brighter with each sequel

2 wasn't. It was one of the complaints from reviewers, they went for visual oppression and got it too correct. 3 has different environments partly because of this.

At some point it goes from hour glass to straight cartoonish.

That's a lot of surgery.

trixx

OT 5 wow this thread moves fast.
Was about to buy ps4 but i need to get the gold zelda xl. Ill get one for kingdom hearts 3.
Can't get into multiplayer shooters. I still think the best console one for multi was halo 3

Nakazato

yes

Why not ask "Why do you ask?"

that just leads to "Oh you're not going to answer? What are you hiding?"

I go on a lot of dates. I know how these questions go. It's why I made up a game. If a chick ask me a question like that, I ask if they ever asked another guy that one a first date. If they say yes, I ask them to play a game. The game has one rule: You can't ask a question you have ever asked on a first date to someone else. Leads to a lot of good conversations.

Slayven

I am judging the fuck out of you right now.

Image search it one time. But don't do it at work because you'll get fired.

At least Agarest War "surprised" people once they started playing off of an impulse purchase - it doesn't outright advertise the shitty PS2 graphics specifically designed to show you the cleavage of a 400 year old 12 year old (Legal in futurespace!) while giving you a nothingspecial gameplay experience.
Now i feel bad.

When people say X1 I think of the original console.

I still have my duke.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

I go on a lot of dates. I know how these questions go. It's why I made up a game. If a chick ask me a question like that, I ask if they ever asked another guy that one a first date. If they say yes, I ask them to play a game. The game has one rule: You can't ask a question you have ever asked on a first date to someone else. Leads to a lot of good conversations.

That's actually ...not bad at all.

Well then you know they are way to paranoid and probably not worth your time!

This is awesome though.

J10

Banned

I'll be like, "You first," because I'm a manchild. And if she answers, while she's waiting for my response I'll be like, "Goddamn, you nosey."

Slayven

Why you asking all this questions?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

Gem

*steals*

DominoKid

You can't steal what I just gave you.

ibb9KkxjeoMwQC.png

BCT why is there a Madea Christmas movie

I can answer this because we just went over this in my Producing class. Black movies that have to deal with the holidays make a lot of money. They usually only release in 12 areas of the US but will be in every theater in that area. They're the most profitable genre outside of horror flicks. In short Tyler Perry likes his money.

I can answer this because we just went over this in my Producing class. Black movies that have to deal with the holidays make a lot of money. They usually only release in 12 areas of the US but will be in every theater in that area. They're the most profitable genre outside of horror flicks. In short Tyler Perry likes his money.

Also Madea has to cover every kind of subject before Tyler Perry retires her.

Nakazato

Madea meets a drag queen coming soon

Very true

I am waiting for the "is black culture a cancer of sorts?"

Oh its coming. We all know it is.

Because it's one of the best genres to produce if you want to make cash. My professor is also a black dude that produces a lot of those movies.

I was just curious as to what it covered, like did he just cover campy kind of black movies such as Madea or did he touch on other ones with more serious tones that don't focus quiet so much on stereotypical parts of culture like Beasts of the Southern Wild?

I went into film as well and was just wondering.

That's not happening anytime soon. He tried his hand at real acting and what did we get?
alex-cross-movie-poster-2012-1010752378.jpg

Never saw it... nor did I want to, seemed way too generic.

And holy shit at Mathew Fox being a complete MMA psycho.

Two things Gaf can't discus on a good day? Religion/Atheism and Race in one thread together? Yeah I expect the worse.

I never get into religious/atheist shit. I don't believe in a god but was raised by two very religious people that were actually good people. A lot of online atheist think religious= horrible shit bag republican. Kind of pisses me off. So I stay out of it.

I wouldn't be so sure about Titanfall 2 coming to the PS4. And is it confirmed that there will only be one titan in a match at a time?

Well, if the studio head has this to say...I wouldn't be worried.

One of the happier days in the past few years was when my wife gave up on his movies. Not interested.

Never saw it... nor did I want to, seemed way too generic.

I did, and well, it just wasn't very good. The plot, etc was slightly more interesting than a hangnail.

Nakazato

I'm not lying when I said we just had a lecture about producing "black movies" on Thursday.

We Im my producing class we had 2 black ppl. needless to say they didnt give a shit about black film making.....................

Tho we did watch "sweet badass" and " sweetback's baadasssss song" in film history

I was just curious as to what it covered, like did he just cover campy kind of black movies such as Madea or did he touch on other ones with more serious tones that don't focus quiet so much on stereotypical parts of culture like Beasts of the Southern Wild?

I went into film as well and was just wondering.

Mostly holiday movies and how the genre became successful because of the 90's boom of black movies. Best Man Holiday was mentioned because someone hinted it would bomb and the teacher laughed.

We Im my producing class we had 2 black ppl. needless to say they didnt give a shit about black film making.....................

Shit dude. There are like 10 or 15 in my class of 60.

DominoKid

i know one of the things my parents always butted heads about is religion. mom was a hardcore baptist, in church all day sunday. pops was one of those "people of the world types" who was interested in religion w/o actually believing in one.

i'm just flat out disinterested in religion and i get the oddest fucking reactions when i tell women that.

I am waiting for the "is black culture a cancer of sorts?"

i seem to recall a thread like that...

Slayven

I never get into religious/atheist shit. I don't believe in a god but was raised by two very religious people that were actually good people. A lot of online atheist think religious= horrible shit bag republican. Kind of pisses me off. So I stay out of it.

Exactly my thoughts, I always wondered if they saw the irony in the way they talked. Believe what you want, as long as you don't mess with me I am good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom