• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Just got another day off LOL

They want to retrain before my group comes back

Slayven

dat Wii U birthday thread

vAbR9gL.gif
Saddest birthday ever.

People dissing BP in that Doom thread. Can't handle a black Superhero being better than Batman in every aspect.
bG7btHx.png

Some straight hateration. "Why he ain't fix all of Africa, tho?" Why Batman ain't fix gotham.

JohnDoe

Banned
I wouldn't call it a waste, more like a character flaw. Reed is all about the search for knowledge, not the application. It's why Pym is Scientist Supreme, Pym actually wants to help people.

True. That being said, superheroes tend to be flawed. Makes them more interesting.
It's just pretty ridiculous to compare Batman to BP. Batman has to be one of the most flawed Superheroes ever.

Slayven

True. That being said, superheroes tend to be flawed. Makes them more interesting.
It's just pretty ridiculous to compare Batman to BP. Batman has to be one of the most flawed Superheroes ever.

Sadly writers just focus on the flaws with him. I blame Miller.

White people, if someone tells you a story about being verbally accosted due to your race, save your stories about "feeling weird" in a black neighborhood once.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
I'm still on the fence about keeping my Xbone pre-order...but these fairly good reviews are kinda making me want to keep it, honestly

Sadly writers just focus on the flaws with him. I blame Miller.

The last few issues I read of BP weren't that great, and its a character I love. Batman has the benefit of better writers more often...

Some straight hateration. "Why he ain't fix all of Africa, tho?" Why Batman ain't fix gotham.

...but this is just dumb. That's applicable to every hero ever. Daredevil can't even fix Hell Kitchen. Superman/Metropolis, Flash/Central City, Green Arrow/Star City...it's a long list. Wakanda is at least a functioning society with crazy tech.

But Doom has fixed Latveria.

Wii:U

Next gen graphics.
*laughter*

Appropriate response. System is a joke.

I clicked on the link, and that seems fucked up.
And I also saw this:

o-RAQUELWELCHGOVERNORSAWARDS-570.jpg

She's 73.

Temptation. Both dudes were dark, the husband and the HIV positive dude the wife cheated with.

He was a lighter dark than the husband.

Edit: And the one above me.

Slayven

Why did I laugh at this

I think its because how he just smooth put his arms back in the window and leaves like it wasn't shit

No, its that terrible fade to white and the TV soap opera staging with the over the top reaction shots. Tyler Perry is such a goddamn hack

Playing Wii games on the game pad is a hack.

BHZ Mayor

Was just listening to "I Wonder If Heaven Got a Ghetto," and it's crazy how the song could still be relevant today, maybe even more so with some bars. Even the "we ain't ready to have a black president" line is still accurate from a certain point of view. And the "cops give a damn about a negro/pull the trigga, kill a nigga, he's a hero" line speaks more volumes today than it did back then.

Aggressive atheists are just as bad as the overly aggressive religious.

i'm usually pretty passive, but shit like this just makes my blood boil and want to turn aggressive, and by aggressive i mean typing up a lot of words like aggressive atheists, not blowing up a bus full of people or an abortion clinic like aggressive religious folk.

nah... nah... nah... so i'm reading this and they knew the van had kids in it and still shot at it?

[nope, not gonna catch a ban for the aggressive thoughts in my head]

J10

Banned
Yeah, we've seen religious folks disowning their gay/transgendered offspring. What's the atheist equivalent of that and how often does it happen?

FyreWulff

i'm usually pretty passive, but shit like this just makes my blood boil and want to turn aggressive, and by aggressive i mean typing up a lot of words like aggressive atheists, not blowing up a bus full of people or an abortion clinic like aggressive religious folk.

I was talking in the context of online forums. At least, I feel I was, considering the post I quoted.

JohnDoe

Banned
I was talking in the context of online forums. At least, I feel I was, considering the post I quoted.

In the context of online forums agressively religious people are even more awful as soon as they are in a group.
Not saying militant internet atheists aren't annoying but most of the time they are pretty harmless.

http://www.businessinsider.com/a-ut...ampus-catch-an-illegal-immigrant-game-2013-11

According to the YCT's Facebook event, "There will be several people walking around the UT campus with the label 'illegal immigrant' on their clothing. Any UT student who catches one of these 'illegal immigrants' and brings them back to our table will receive a $25 gift card." The Facebook event was created by YCT's chairman — Lorenzo Garcia — a junior at UT majoring in government.

"The purpose of this event is to spark a campus-wide discussion about the issue of illegal immigration, and how it affects our everyday lives," the event states.

FyreWulff

In the context of online forums agressively religious people are even more awful as soon as they are in a group.
Not saying militant internet atheists aren't annoying but most of the time they are pretty harmless.

Brick walls are neither entertaining or full of debate, whether the bricks believe in God or are set on a foundation of Richard Dawkins books.

The groups that show up in threads are consistent, true, but you get better and faster at dismantling them. Eventually they'll figure out that debate is better than yelling as loud as they can.

in the context of online forums, aggressive *anything* is annoying. doesn't matter if it's pc/xb/ps or android/wp/iphone or those people who aggressively state that cellphones are a ripoff and they don't need a cellphone.

I don't usually wear a tinfoil hat, but it does seem like gaming media don't like the PS4 some reason.

I've watched 3 "leading" channels on YT that cover gaming media over the last month and each one showed obvious bias toward the Sony brand. From the little nuanced comments and the outright blatant. I've seen maybe one or two "independent" who were non biased but that's few and far between. I would love to just have someone look at gaming media from an outside perspective and judge on standard merits, but that's asking way too fucking much.

Slayven

I've watched 3 "leading" channels on YT that cover gaming media over the last month and each one showed obvious bias toward the Sony brand. From the little nuanced comments and the outright blatant. I've seen maybe one or two "independent" who were non biased but that's few and far between. I would love to just have someone look at gaming media from an outside perspective and judge on standard merits, but that's asking way too fucking much.

I think Sony has the youtubers and grassroot warriors, while MS has the corp mass produce drones. But it is hilarious that Major Nelson has to fly all over the country trying to kiss the rings of gaming folks.

I don't usually wear a tinfoil hat, but it does seem like gaming media don't like the PS4 some reason.

Just give it a week Xbone will have the same problems.

They probably wont't talk about them though, they'll just gloss over them and talk about hwo great the entertainment center is.

Yeah, we've seen religious folks disowning their gay/transgendered offspring. What's the atheist equivalent of that and how often does it happen?

I know several people mocked and disowned for becoming religious. Shitty people are shitty people.

Oh look Zimmerman in trouble again. So does he have to blow off the head of his next girlfriend for people to realize he's a violent unstable fuck or what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom