• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
If you’re a Redbox Instant subscriber, get used to calling it "Redbox Instant by Verizon," because the Kinect won’t accept anything less. There are dozens more examples like these.

WTF

Having to say a long name like that for basic shit.

C2xkH.png

It was the next thing to happen after we started calling entertainment venues after their owners.

KC has the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
"Xbox show Redbox."

Xbox sez: "Gotta pay me $50 for XBL Gold to use this app!"

"Okay, have my damn money. Xbox show Redbox."

Xbox sez: "Bitch you ain't say Verizon!"

"Xbox, go fuck yourself."

"XBOX Show me live event viewer of the Fiesta Bowl sponsored by Doritos"

"XBOX Show me my fantasy league brought to me by NFL.com and sponsored by Mountain Dew the greatest soda ever."

The future is here folks. They got us reading their advertisements for them.

Verizon you say? Well Sprint has been pissing me off lately.

DominoKid

"XBOX Show me live event viewer of the Fiesta Bowl sponsored by Doritos"

"XBOX Show me my fantasy league brought to me by NFL.com and sponsored by Mountain Dew the greatest soda ever."

The future is here folks. They got us reading their advertisements for them.

Verizon you say? Well Sprint has been pissing me off lately.

it's diabolical.

i wish i thought of it.

akira28

haha wasn't that a joke or rumor in the hype days? That Microsoft had schematics worked up trying to figure out how to make the user say "Coca Cola"?

J10

Banned
Call me crazy but watching Agents of Shield I prefer Simmons to Skye.

Crazy. They're both smokin' though. This latest episode was pretty good.

Skye needs to start wearing her colors already.

Superior Spider-Man is incredible. Spider-Man + prep time + mercenaries + the willingness to kill. I was not prepared for this. I hope it never ends.

Nakazato

Think I might sponsor a weight loss/body transformation challenge. Between injuring my shoulder blade, being busy with the new job, medical issues stemming from the tumor (fucking Vertigo...) and the surgery itself, I've gained a few pounds and maybe average one day at the gym a week if I'm lucky. Can't muster up the willpower to do dig myself out of it either, so I'm thinking of piggybacking on this guy's idea: http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=456108

I'm going to make the prize something costly too, like a brand new 3DS, just to kick my ass into gear because I sure as hell don't want to give away that much money. I'm far too frugal. Maybe take in some donations for a bigger pot? I'd have to make it more about body transformation than sheer weight loss, due to the fact that I don't have enough extra weight to compete on that front. Would any of ya'll be interested?

I'd have to make the rules a bit more stringent though.

I'm down not so sure my knee could take it do it after new year so I know where my knee is. I think I gained 5-7 pounds in the last 3 weeks

Think I might sponsor a weight loss/body transformation challenge. Between injuring my shoulder blade, being busy with the new job, medical issues stemming from the tumor (fucking Vertigo...) and the surgery itself, I've gained a few pounds and maybe average one day at the gym a week if I'm lucky. Can't muster up the willpower to do dig myself out of it either, so I'm thinking of piggybacking on this guy's idea: http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=456108

I'm going to make the prize something costly too, like a brand new 3DS, just to kick my ass into gear because I sure as hell don't want to give away that much money. I'm far too frugal. Maybe take in some donations for a bigger pot? I'd have to make it more about body transformation than sheer weight loss, due to the fact that I don't have enough extra weight to compete on that front. Would any of ya'll be interested?

I'd have to make the rules a bit more stringent though.

I hope it works out well. There was something like this at my job and one of my homegirls won.

She got a nice $250 gift card out of it, she it's one to brag but a hell of a lot of people took the challenge

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
My dad called yesterday.

It was one of those "oh shit, they actually picked up - I was just hoping to leave a message... well shit" type moments and he immediately goes on about how my sister got her car and how I must be busy with work and that's why I never call them. Casually laughing the whole time like he completely understands my mindset and is doing me a favor by explaining my actions for me.

This lasted for all of 50 seconds before I told him I was busy and would return the call later that night.

I haven't talked to him in almost two years. I avoided it because he'd either come at me with dumb shit or just give me stress I didn't need. Now I don't want to talk to him because I don't want tear him apart. Its a really weird feeling.

Bill Cosby is on the daily show now. Dude is 76 yrs old and looks 50.

#gatdamn

I missed this but I was told that he actually has a new standup comedy show that's going to air soon on Comedy Central I think either this weekend or the next.

I am very interested in how this will work out lol.

harSon

Banned
My two most wanted games are for platforms I ain't purchasing anytime soon. Super Mario 3D World and Tearaway look legit as fuck though.

Onemic

Tearaway looks like one of the games I'd play on my Vita in about 5 years

Dont be mad you got a WiiU

I'll probably be getting Terraway around Christmas, just like TLoU and all the other games I didn't pick up this year.

Sucks that my PS4 wont be coming in until Christmas Eve. Pre-ordered back in the beginning of October and Amazon has me on backorder until then.

harSon

Banned
You have a ps4 already ur doing a disservice to yourself by not owning a vita

I have no interest to utilize remote play though :( I've spent way too much money on my home entertainment system to play my console games on a handheld, and I don't really have any opportunity to remote play outside the house. If I'm buying a handheld, I'm buying it to play games that are exclusive to that platform. I don't even have a 3DS yet, so if I were to buy a handheld, it'd likely be that.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Hey, I'm just happy the Self-Inflicted Ls Club of Vita owners got something to play besides ports

Yeah this calling the WiiU an L while talking about what Vita games you're gonna get doesn't make any sense.

It's like hating on Game Gear because you bought an Atari Lynx.

FyreWulff

I will never understand why PC gamers get mad when you actually use their PC.

"I got 16GB of RAM, but lord help you if your game uses more than 4GB of that! I totally need that for my Facebook tabs"

JohnDoe

Banned

"I got 16GB of RAM, but lord help you if your game uses more than 4GB of that! I totally need that for my Facebook tabs"

I don't even have that much ram and play new games on max settings with internet and all kinds of folders, google chrome tabs and steam chat open. What did they do with their computers?

It's not that the RAM is being used, it's that if it's taking up a ton of RAM, then the game is likely "leaking" memory somewhere, which causes problems. There really isn't an excuse for most games to take up huge chunks of RAM (i.e. "more than 4gb" from your example).

Slayven

Call me crazy but watching Agents of Shield I prefer Simmons to Skye.

You not crazy. And get your safe negro degree.

It's a looking at the bigger picture kind of thing. If you look around the U.S (especially where I live), a lot of music and culture that people follow (usually lead by a black artist or such) isn't exactly good, or hold any kind of moral value to it. So, rather than pick out a culture, or bad influence (just like people claim that video games cause violence), people complain about something small like the two figures in the catalogue.

I'm sorry if my use of the word black is seen as offensive here, but I'm using it as the example to go along with the scenario the thread is about. This applies to pretty much every race, and it's unfortunate.

Fix your culture folks before complaining about racism.

BHZ Mayor

Let me just say, that sometimes you come across a username and avatar that screams "I haven't been outside, ever." And then they make posts that back that up. Not toward anyone in particular, just saying.

FyreWulff

It's not that the RAM is being used, it's that if it's taking up a ton of RAM, then the game is likely "leaking" memory somewhere, which causes problems. There really isn't an excuse for most games to take up huge chunks of RAM (i.e. "more than 4gb" from your example).

No excuse? No thanks, I'll design games to the specs they need, I'm not in the business of being as inoffensive as possible with a medium that people don't usually multitask during. I could definitely fill even 6GB easily.

Memory leaks aren't really much of an issue anymore when it's possible to generate worlds that need 1GB alone for the object index tree..

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Hey, that's a 9/10 game you're shitting on!

Did a dude with a waifu avatar mention "sex with girls" as being one of the bad things in black music? Hahahahahahaha.

I want to make a big list of everybody with waifu avatars and mass-PM them copies of NiJ to see what happens.

Nakazato

Hey, that's a 9/10 game you're shitting on!

Did a dude with a waifu avatar mention "sex with girls" as being one of the bad things in black music? Hahahahahahaha.

hahahahahahahahahahahahah

Just had my 1st instance of dude getting rip on by his gf on psn dude could have just closed his mic but no..... listened to that shit for 15 mins....... might upload it to facebook for the lulz

edit: dude is fucking lucky ps4 doesn't record VC audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom