• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
That reminds me: Thanksgiving is coming up; I can't wait to eat some amazing food. Also should be an interesting game this Sunday. Winter is finally looking good.

the dessert table has to have pecan, sweet potato, pumpkin and at least 1 more pie minimum as a part of the selection that also includes cakes and other treats or else

harSon

Banned
Think I might sponsor a weight loss/body transformation challenge. Between injuring my shoulder blade, being busy with the new job, medical issues stemming from the tumor (fucking Vertigo...) and the surgery itself, I've gained a few pounds and maybe average one day at the gym a week if I'm lucky. Can't muster up the willpower to do dig myself out of it either, so I'm thinking of piggybacking on this guy's idea: http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=456108

I'm going to make the prize something costly too, like a brand new 3DS, just to kick my ass into gear because I sure as hell don't want to give away that much money. I'm far too frugal. Maybe take in some donations for a bigger pot? I'd have to make it more about body transformation than sheer weight loss, due to the fact that I don't have enough extra weight to compete on that front. Would any of ya'll be interested?

I'd have to make the rules a bit more stringent though.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
You shitting on sweet potato pie? meet me on peach street, we about to get real.

yo meet me in the community center, downtown Montezuma

seriously though, my moms side is from Montezuma (Macon) Ga. I've spent more than a life time down there visiting family. Mennonites still bake good cakes down there

---------------

the dessert table has to have pecan, sweet potato, pumpkin and at least 1 more pie minimum as a part of the selection that also includes cakes and other treats or else

usually the 4th is a bought cake or pie from the local grocer or farm

usually the 4th is a bought cake or pie from the local grocer or farm

nah, that's not counting the cakes! just the pies! gotta have carrot cake, key lime or something of that nature, vanilla or chocolate or red velvet and some kind of 4th cake like pineapple upside down... and then mixed fruits, peanuts, pretzels, etc... i wanna get like 6 bags of chocolate lays to drop in a bowl for my fam this year.

Does anyone or has anyone ever celebrated Kwanzaa?

What_the_Hell_Is_Kwanza%3F.png

ReiGun

Does anyone or has anyone ever celebrated Kwanzaa?

I have a friend that had to learn about and celebrate Kwanzaa as a kid because she was the only black kid at her all girls school and thus was the only person who could represent the holiday at the yearly holiday program.

That's the only time I've ever heard of anyone I know personally even acknowledging Kwanzaa.

akira28

whats with the pancakes?

edit: I know what I'm eating for dinner tonight.

edit2: Since swole dave is more threatening, will America laugh more or less?

Onemic

Think I might sponsor a weight loss/body transformation challenge. Between injuring my shoulder blade, being busy with the new job, medical issues stemming from the tumor (fucking Vertigo...) and the surgery itself, I've gained a few pounds and maybe average one day at the gym a week if I'm lucky. Can't muster up the willpower to do dig myself out of it either, so I'm thinking of piggybacking on this guy's idea: http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=456108

I'm going to make the prize something costly too, like a brand new 3DS, just to kick my ass into gear because I sure as hell don't want to give away that much money. I'm far too frugal. Maybe take in some donations for a bigger pot? I'd have to make it more about body transformation than sheer weight loss, due to the fact that I don't have enough extra weight to compete on that front. Would any of ya'll be interested?

I'd have to make the rules a bit more stringent though.

I'd be down. the last 3 years I've gone from losing all my weight to being a fat ass again. Anything to motivate me to get off my food addiction is good.

And really, who celebrates Kwanza?

J10

Banned
Here in New York City back in the 90's when channel 11 was called WPIX (later it was The WB, now The CW) they used to run promos after the afternoon cartoons and evening news during the holidays wishing people a Happy Kwanza. I have never met a person who celebrated it though.

Sigh, got pulled over and went through a long process to get back to my apartment. Much of it not even necessary.

I ran up the road from my place to get some food but left my badge and phone at home (the badge is to open the gate and the phone is for guests to dial in their number so it can ping the phone). I decided to wait in the small area next to the gate for some kind soul to open it for me. All of 2 minutes pass and a cop flashes his lights directly at me. I'm so fucked is all I thought, black guy in Orlando driving a Mercedes with no license parked outside a gated townhouse community? Oh yea this negro is trying to steal something. So he taps my window and asks me what I'm doing (though I thought it was fairly obvious). I explained to him the situation and he runs my plates, they're registered to me obviously but the address is different, not sure why its still saying my old place though. He asks me do I have any bills in the car that reflect my current address, I do not. Keep in mind that during all of this my hands have not left the steering wheel.

I ask him can I borrow his phone or request dispatch to call my girlfriend who has a key and come and get me and I can prove who I am. At first he says no telling me that driving with no license means that he should technically be giving me a ticket (then give me one and leave me alone shit!) and the reason he's bothering me is that I looked suspicious and there has been crime in neighboring areas. I ask him one more time and he says that he'll call her. So I tell him my GF's number and he gets a stank ass face when I tell him her name. He looks me straight in the eyes and pretty much says "Ramirez?" as if that's just too damn crazy to believe. He calls my GF who's at work (RN at the hospital) and she tells him she'll be there in a few minutes.

During the wait he stands right next to me, hand resting on his hip near his gun. My hands....still on the steering wheel, part of me wanted to hit the voice record on my iPhone but battery was almost dead and I didn't feel like being shot, so I sat there. He made no conversation with me nor I with him. Every once in a while he'd talk to dispatch about disturbances around the city but never left the driver side door. My girl shows up like 7 minutes later and we all enter the neighborhood in our respective vehicles. We park our cars in our driveway and we go inside as he stands at the door. I give him my ID and some bills as proof that I live at the address provided. He explains to me the perils of driving without a license and how it's unsafe (wut). I simply nod in acceptance as he tells me he won't give me a ticket since I wasn't driving when he came upon me, but told me to always have my ID and things on me.

All this for cold ass sandwich and some wack ass fries.

Morale of the story: Whataburger is wack as fuck sometimes.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty damn sure dispatch would be able to get relevant information on me besides via vehicle registration correct? I mean I knew my license number by heart he could have ran that at the very least.

^^^^^^^

see, that's why i grab my keys, phone and wallet whenever i have to go farther than the mailbox/trash. every time. EVERY TIME.

sometimes i even grab 'em when checking the mail or throwing out the trash just for practice.

^^^^^^^

see, that's why i grab my keys, phone and wallet whenever i have to go farther than the mailbox/trash. every time. EVERY TIME.

sometimes i even grab 'em when checking the mail or throwing out the trash just for practice.

No joke, I've actually had an unmarked car with two plain clothes cops roll up on me and check my ID when I was throwing some boxes in the recycling bin on the curb at my grandparents house. Told me there's been some vandalism in the area lately (which was bs).

Pecan pie> other pies

also, its Puh-kahn

Really?

Over French Silk? Or Banana Cream?

Sigh, got pulled over and went through a long process to get back to my apartment. Much of it not even necessary.

I ran up the road from my place to get some food but left my badge and phone at home (the badge is to open the gate and the phone is for guests to dial in their number so it can ping the phone). I decided to wait in the small area next to the gate for some kind soul to open it for me. All of 2 minutes pass and a cop flashes his lights directly at me. I'm so fucked is all I thought, black guy in Orlando driving a Mercedes with no license parked outside a gated townhouse community? Oh yea this negro is trying to steal something. So he taps my window and asks me what I'm doing (though I thought it was fairly obvious). I explained to him the situation and he runs my plates, they're registered to me obviously but the address is different, not sure why its still saying my old place though. He asks me do I have any bills in the car that reflect my current address, I do not. Keep in mind that during all of this my hands have not left the steering wheel.

I ask him can I borrow his phone or request dispatch to call my girlfriend who has a key and come and get me and I can prove who I am. At first he says no telling me that driving with no license means that he should technically be giving me a ticket (then give me one and leave me alone shit!) and the reason he's bothering me is that I looked suspicious and there has been crime in neighboring areas. I ask him one more time and he says that he'll call her. So I tell him my GF's number and he gets a stank ass face when I tell him her name. He looks me straight in the eyes and pretty much says "Ramirez?" as if that's just too damn crazy to believe. He calls my GF who's at work (RN at the hospital) and she tells him she'll be there in a few minutes.

During the wait he stands right next to me, hand resting on his hip near his gun. My hands....still on the steering wheel, part of me wanted to hit the voice record on my iPhone but battery was almost dead and I didn't feel like being shot, so I sat there. He made no conversation with me nor I with him. Every once in a while he'd talk to dispatch about disturbances around the city but never left the driver side door. My girl shows up like 7 minutes later and we all enter the neighborhood in our respective vehicles. We park our cars in our driveway and we go inside as he stands at the door. I give him my ID and some bills as proof that I live at the address provided. He explains to me the perils of driving without a license and how it's unsafe (wut). I simply nod in acceptance as he tells me he won't give me a ticket since I wasn't driving when he came upon me, but told me to always have my ID and things on me.

All this for cold ass sandwich and some wack ass fries.

Morale of the story: Whataburger is wack as fuck sometimes.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty damn sure dispatch would be able to get relevant information on me besides via vehicle registration correct? I mean I knew my license number by heart he could have ran that at the very least.

Wouldn't the food be bad because of the long wait?

Also man you gotta do the triple grab check each time you leave a door. Keys right front pocket? Check, Cellphone left front pocket? Check, Wallet with all relevant IDs and bank cards right rear pocket? Check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom