• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaizer

Banned
I don't even watch Kpop videos. I only care about Tiffany. She's the best. Everyone else is meh.

I'm way more into Hispanic chicks ffs.

The good ole GAF days of Gif avatars, that Tiffany one was great and terrible at the same time. I always had to watch it every time I scrolled through a thread.

Imm0rt4l

I gotta bail out that dating statistic thread. People are just doing too much right now and I can't deal.

I was going to post a pic of tim delaghetto and his girlfriend when someone said "clearly asian men and black women need to start dating eachother"

images

But then I realized I would have inadvertently turned the thread into one of those "attractive black girls are attractive because their white attributes" thread.

disaster averted

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I was going to post a pic of tim delaghetto and his girlfriend when someone said "clearly asian men and black women need to start dating eachother"

images

But then I realized I would have turned the thread into attractive black girls all being attractive because they're white attributes thread.

disaster averted

you did the right thing. another thread like that would probably take a few of us with it.

I don't even watch Kpop videos. I only care about Tiffany. She's the best. Everyone else is meh.

I'm way more into Hispanic chicks ffs.

Kaeptain-Hyung, why do you try to hide attraction to the Korean girls?

That might happen but we're not as investigative as ********** or ************.
Her inbox might look like Raccoon City after that nuke hit.

Yea which is why I ain't postin a pic lol.

Bookmarked and will be unleashed when the first GAF member mentions "nigga".

images

But then I realized I would have inadvertently turned the thread into one of those "attractive black girls are attractive because their white attributes" thread.

disaster averted

Obviously if a black woman looks good it's because she's not "black" black, but merely black. "Black" black people ONLY look a certain way, duh. Also she totally acts white so she's not black at all...wut?

Why do you continue to ice skate uphill?

I'm a masochist or something.

I don't really have a racial preference. I've been with more minority males so far though.

Somehow I knew this already.

Outside of the French chick I dated and the white girl I dated in 2012 all the other chicks have been minorities. Shit, the baby mama is considered Mexican. She's actually full blown Spanish though. Her mom and dad just moved to Mexico at a young age.

I just saw the "thread " in question. That motherfucker who wrote about the "vapid black women" fucking..... just wow.

I can understand preferences but my question is will a person call a woman ugly if they dont like the race? I think we have had this discussion before in one of the older threads but really can someone acknowledge beauty without looking at color?

The reason I am posing this question is because that whole "white features" thing just rubs me the wrong way.

EDIT:

Every woman I have been with outside of the military has been 80% white and 20% other. You know looking back on it thats funny. If you would have asked me that 15 years ago it would have been the opposite.

I just saw the "thread " in question. That motherfucker who wrote about the "vapid black women" fucking..... just wow.

I can understand preferences but my question is will a person call a woman ugly if they dont like the race? I think we have had this discussion before in one of the older threads but really can someone acknowledge beauty without looking at color?

The reason I am posing this question is because that whole "white features" thing just rubs me the wrong way.

I see it like this. A lot of black women people consider beautiful typically have lighter skin, narrower noses and long down kempt hair. If you posted say one of the women I just posted, you'd have much more disparity on finding her attractive despite the apparent beauty to me and others in this thread. If I'm wrong, someone can tell me so.

I see it like this. A lot of black women people consider beautiful typically have lighter skin, narrower noses and long down kempt hair. If you posted say one of the women I just posted, you'd have much more disparity on finding her attractive despite the apparent beauty to me and others in this thread. If I'm wrong, someone can tell me so.

I feel you. And to be quite frank they are gorgeous. But other gaffers and cats might not see that. And its all due to color. And thats what is fucking sad. When someone cant admire true beauty and are (for lack of a better term) blinded by color.

harSon

Banned
I don't have a preference; but my friend, her sisters and their friends have me wanting to relocate my ass to Gaza. I honestly don't care though. If she's got a pulse and is chill then whatever.

Fucking people man, ugh I wish I could just jettison motherfuckers to the moon and shit. Soooo much rage right now, I want to say so much and insult so much. I want to demean and shit on their souls verbally but I can't because I have to "tolerate" such ignorance. Sometimes I just want to give into baser feelings and just spazz the fuck out.

Fucking people man, ugh I wish I could just jettison motherfuckers to the moon and shit. Soooo much rage right now, I want to say so much and insult so much. I want to demean and shit on their souls verbally but I can't because I have to "tolerate" such ignorance. Sometimes I just want to give into baser feelings and just spazz the fuck out.

Meditate.

Respond to that crap with gifs and smileys or not at all.

Shit isn't worth the stress.

OGq50.gif

J10

Banned
I feel you. And to be quite frank they are gorgeous. But other gaffers and cats might not see that. And its all due to color. And thats what is fucking sad. When someone cant admire true beauty and are (for lack of a better term) blinded by color.

I'm not necessarily convinced color alone is that big of a deal with regard to this issue. Jennifer Lawrence is super white and gets shitted on around here a lot more than I feel she should. I think by pretty much any objective standard she's an attractive woman, even if she's not your specific type. It's more about a poor perspective on women in general that is sometimes amplified by poor perspective on race and ethnicity. And I think in many cases a racist will secretly fetishize people who they can't help but find attractive despite their racist feelings towards them.

I'm officially drunk. Last week, when this happened, I woke up to a pair of raw denims being sent to my place. Luckily, I can't find my wallet right now.

I'm officially drunk. Last week, when this happened, I woke up to a pair of raw denims being sent to my place. Luckily, I can't find my wallet right now.

Blurays are my weakness when drunk... and pay day.

Speaking of which...

Meditate.

Respond to that crap with gifs and smileys or not at all.

Shit isn't worth the stress.

OGq50.gif

Agree with Devo. You aren't going to change the mind of forum goers by losing your shit.

Blurays are my weakness when drunk... and pay day.

Speaking of which...

I can't say I have a shopping problem when I'm drunk, but maaaaan do I crave Lo Mein when I'm wasted.

Agree with Devo. You aren't going to change the mind of forum goers by losing your shit.

Yea I know... (That should be read in a voice of a child who is upset that his father didn't come see him for extra dramatic effect).

I can't say I have a shopping problem when I'm drunk, but maaaaan do I crave Lo Mein when I'm wasted.

Yea I know... (That should be read in a voice of a child who is upset that his father didn't come see him for extra dramatic effect).

I feel you on getting mad. That's my normal reaction. I just can't anymore. Ignorance is not going to go away. You can however change your general reaction to it and how you deal with it.

For me it is: Clothes and Books.

Clothes are great as well but I can't do that drunk. I'm a larger dude so I have to try shit on before I buy otherwise I end up with small ass shit.

Yeah but what do they know? They are probably reprehensible in real life too.

I feel you on getting mad. That's my normal reaction. I just can't anymore. Ignorance is not going to go away. You can however change your general reaction to it and how you deal with it.

Yea I'm just gonna work on a personal design project and add some more pages to this book I'm writing.

Clothes are great as well but I can't do that drunk. I'm a larger dude so I have to try shit on before I buy otherwise I end up with small ass shit.

Is that you in your avatar? If so you look like one of my best friend's older brother. That stated....your name wouldn't happen to be Alexander Jacobs older brother to Karson Jacobs? D:

Is that you in your avatar? If so you look like one of my best friend's older brother. That stated....your name wouldn't happen to be Alexander Jacobs older brother to Karson Jacobs? D:

Yeah it's me in the avatar, back when there was that self avatar thing going on. That's actually an old pic at a wedding.

And sorry to say but I'm not that dude. Real name is Joe.

Yeah it's me in the avatar, back when there was that self avatar thing going on. That's actually an old pic at a wedding.

And sorry to say but I'm not that dude. Real name is Joe.

Well I can tell you this...you have a doppelganger so congrats. Depending on what books you've read, you might like be met with a horrific accident if you ever see your doppelganger. D:

harSon

Banned
I'm not necessarily convinced color alone is that big of a deal with regard to this issue. Jennifer Lawrence is super white and gets shitted on around here a lot more than I feel she should. I think by pretty much any objective standard she's an attractive woman, even if she's not your specific type. It's more about a poor perspective on women in general that is sometimes amplified by poor perspective on race and ethnicity. And I think in many cases a racist will secretly fetishize people who they can't help but find attractive despite their racist feelings towards them.

Honestly speaking, I do it just to fuck with people :p

Having said that, I'm always annoyed by responses such as "you wouldn't kick her out of bed," "show me a picture of yourself/girlfriend," etc. We're talking about celebrities who make their living off of their image, and furthermore, it's a discussion of unattainable beauty. When I say someone isn't attractive, I'm not uttering those words based on real world attainable women. I'm stacking said person against the cream of the crop, or whom I consider to be the pinnacle of beauty, and making an objective observation based on that comparison. If we were talking about standards on who I'd date, the bar is obviously lower, and if you're talking about who I'd sleep with, you could walk under it with feet to spare. But we're not, we're talking about people we're never going to date/sleep with, let alone even have the chance meet face to face with. Basically, a celebrity scale and real world scale are two different things. It's like the difference between the Arena league and the NFL. The Arena league dude is mad talented, and I'd pick him in a heart beat during a pickup game, but he ain't shit when stacked up against NFL players and I sure as hell wouldn't sign him to my NFL team. Not attractive on the celebrity scale might be attractive on a real world scale, and vice versa.

Well I can tell you this...you have a doppelganger so congrats. Depending on what books you've read, you might like be met with a horrific accident if you ever see your doppelganger. D:

Haha awesome. I have been compared to a lot of people, especially red heads since you can't tell by the picture.

Also my voice sounds like Napoleon Dynamite so I guess I have that going for me?

Honestly speaking, I do it just to fuck with people :p

Having said that, I'm always annoyed by responses such as "you wouldn't kick her out of bed," "show me a picture of yourself/girlfriend," etc. We're talking about celebrities who make their living off of their image, and furthermore, it's a discussion of unattainable beauty. When I say someone isn't attractive, I'm not uttering those words based on real world attainable women. I'm stacking said person against the cream of the crop, or whom I consider to be the pinnacle of beauty, and making an objective observation based on that comparison. If we were talking about standards on who I'd date, the bar is obviously lower, and if you're talking about who I'd sleep with, you could walk under it with feet to spare. But we're not, we're talking about people we're never going to date/sleep with, let alone even have the chance meet face to face with. Basically, a celebrity scale and real world scale are two different things. It's like the difference between the Arena league and the NFL. The Arena league dude is mad talented, and I'd pick him in a heart beat during a pickup game, but he ain't shit when stacked up against NFL players and I sure as hell wouldn't sign him to my NFL team. Not attractive on the celebrity scale might be attractive on a real world scale, and vice versa.

I didn't read any of this, I just quoted to say I love Jennifer Lawrence. I always thought she was cute, but her personality takes it to a new level.

Haha awesome. I have been compared to a lot of people, especially red heads since you can't tell by the picture.

Also my voice sounds like Napoleon Dynamite so I guess I have that going for me?

You have to be on the next podcast!

harSon

Banned
I still think Paula Patton is the hottest thing on the silver screen right now. I had my suspicions before, but 2 Guns solidified it (rent that shit when it comes out and thank me later, I nearly threw my hands up in victory at the theater). That face, body and husky voice are sublime. She can't act for shit, but it don't matter none.

Gorillaz

Only thing I don't like about JLaw is the fact she's pushing that whole "Look, I'm average and clumsy and goofy like everyone else" vibe.

Maybe it's partly real, but it's starting to feel forced

but who cares cause she can still get it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom