• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
Are any of ya'll trading in your 360s at Best Buy? I've got a ticking time bomb launch 360 that I'm unloading after work.

So my cross training shoes went to heaven on me and my old gym bag was worn out.

I head to my Champs at the mall and I tell myself ok we aren't going crazy the $$$.

$150 I left with a pair of Nike Flex 2013 run(black), new Jordan gym bag, 4 tees, 6 pairs of socks and regret.

I'm not mad though...just saying : /

DominoKid

Just got out of a group interview for a local graphic design house. I thought it went great aside from the part where the owner's business/hiring coach said that I didn't smile enough during the company intro. It's little shit like that that makes me feel like I'm not cut out for the corporate world. It really had me focusing on how much I smiled during the rest of the interview because I could feel her (the business coach) watching me to see my reactions.

Once the actual discussion/scenario (like 2 hours worth) part of it started, I thought I did pretty well compared to the other guy. I love everything I've heard and seen about the company and the position but I'm really trying to not get my hopes up for when it doesn't go well. There's 4 other people up for it total and I really wish I knew what the other 3 people were like.

Just got out of a group interview for a local graphic design house. I thought it went great aside from the part where the owner's business/hiring coach said that I didn't smile enough during the company intro. It's little shit like that that makes me feel like I'm not cut out for the corporate world. It really had me focusing on how much I smiled during the rest of the interview because I could feel her (the business coach) watching me to see my reactions.

Once the actual discussion/scenario (like 2 hours worth) part of it started, I thought I did pretty well compared to the other guy. I love everything I've heard and seen about the company and the position but I'm really trying to not get my hopes up for when it doesn't go well. There's 4 other people up for it total and I really wish I knew what the other 3 people were like.

Let me tell you my experience working in a corporate environment. Mind you the work I do it grunt level and hardly of note. Anyway that feeds into their perception of you. A lot of it is how they see you first before your work speaking for itself. I'm sure you'll be fine though

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

You still in NC doing this?

Hearing the GS demand for PS4 makes me think I was wise to hold on to my extra PS4. All according to keikaku.

* keikaku is anime for plan.

RedSwirl

Motherfucker if we can get back NFL2K with that NBA2K14 engine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLCqhso_KSw&feature=youtu.be

RayLewisFInalDance_original.gif

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
A part of me is a bit dissapointed that Ryse didn't turn out better. All I want is a decent beat 'em up/hack 'n slash game with some depth, varied enemies, and great boss battles.

Is that so goddamn hard to do for western devs?

DY_nasty

A part of me is a bit dissapointed that Ryse didn't turn out better. All I want is a decent beat 'em up/hack 'n slash game with some depth, varied enemies, and great boss battles.

Ryse was always going to suck.

Plenty of action games out there and more to look forward to though.

..... God of War? But a new likeminded game would be nice.

It's like a friend told me too many games get caught up on the art end. This doesn't matter when the gameplay is horrible or boring

J10

Banned

Hack & slash is on my Project Spark to-do list. I got you.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
Ryse was always going to suck.

Plenty of action games out there and more to look forward to though.

True. From what I played of LoS2 it has the potential to join the ranks of GOW2 and DMC3.

Exited for Bayo 2 as well but I don't have a WiiU.

..... God of War? But a new likeminded game would be nice.

It's like a friend told me too many games get caught up on the art end. This doesn't matter when the gameplay is horrible or boring

True dat. Luv God of War tho, always have.

Hack & slash is on my Project Spark to-do list. I got you.

Good lookin' out brotha.

BHZ Mayor

Kratos_God_of_War_III.jpg

Sony Santa Monica laughs at that question.

GoW2 might be my favorite PS2 game. That, or Up Your Arsenal. Wasn't too hot on the last two GoWs though, to various degrees. I'd still like to know what Stig's team has been working on since GoW3, more than likely we'll find out at VGX(TREME!!!!!)

FyreWulff

I went on the most milquetoast date last night. She spent all the time talking about exes. Bleh. But, for the first time, I wasn't even nervous at all. My confidence has gone up dramatically over the past couple of weeks.

And now I just dented the van when trying to park it in front of the house.. caught the front bumper of the car. Fuck, there goes more money

Gorillaz

GoW2 might be my favorite PS2 game. That, or Up Your Arsenal. Wasn't too hot on the last two GoWs though, to various degrees. I'd still like to know what Stig's team has been working on since GoW3, more than likely we'll find out at VGX(TREME!!!!!)
Stigs team been quiet for awhile. So has GGs "2nd team" that is rumored to be making an RPG

GOW was the shit. But it needed to die with GOW3. If they do another GOW, it better not have anything to do with Kratos's screaming ass. And there need to be major revamps to the gameplay. It's time to move on.

Slayven

I went on the most milquetoast date last night. She spent all the time talking about exes. Bleh. But, for the first time, I wasn't even nervous at all. My confidence has gone up dramatically over the past couple of weeks.

And now I just dented the van when trying to park it in front of the house.. caught the front bumper of the car. Fuck, there goes more money

Thats the worse. I am an asshole and start talking about them too.

"Dude still owes me 15 dollars."

"He never returned my booty talk 383828 dvd."

GOW was the shit. But it needed to die with GOW3. If they do another GOW, it better not have anything to do with Kratos's screaming ass. And there need to be major revamps to the gameplay. It's time to move on.

I want a Norse or South American GOW so bad it hurts. Their gods were some real assholes.

They need to retire the Blades of Chaos. I get why Jaffe wanted them, the AoE wide range attacks made it easy for casuals to just get in there and start swinging, but there has been SIX games now designed entirely around them. I think they could go in a new direction.

I remember when I found out that the team that made Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks went on to make God of War. It suddenly made a lot of fucking sense as to why Shaolin Monks was so much fun.

Should have used my 1st date question rule.

Thats the worse. I am an asshole and start talking about them too.

"Dude still owes me 15 dollars."

"He never returned my booty talk 383828 dvd."

I want a Norse or South American GOW so bad it hurts. Their gods were some real assholes.
I want a Norse God of War more than anything else. Playing as a female Valkyrie would be so damn fun.

DominoKid

Jet Moto was the shit.

Let me tell you my experience working in a corporate environment. Mind you the work I do it grunt level and hardly of note. Anyway that feeds into their perception of you. A lot of it is how they see you first before your work speaking for itself. I'm sure you'll be fine though

It just threw me off because I'm sitting there trying to take notes of things that ran across my mind and actually focus on what he was saying, and here she is focusing on a smile counter.

You still in NC doing this?

Unfortunately. But if I get this job then I can live with it.

DY_nasty

Jet Moto was the shit.

It just threw me off because I'm sitting there trying to take notes of things that ran across my mind and actually focus on what he was saying, and here she is focusing on a smile counter.

Unfortunately. But if I get this job then I can live with it.
You open to leaving at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom