• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I was going to make a thread about this but I will just speak amongst those I like here in this thread. I've been living an unbelievable sexual lifestyle since my ex left me four years ago. A few days back I left a woman's place very early in the morning. While I was walking to my car I realized I hate that shit. I want to stay and spend some time with a woman. Over the week I have decided that I can't do it anymore. It's a lonely existence. Yeah, when I am with a woman I am content for that moment, but after I feel like shit. Total shit. Recently I have been going days without saying a word to anyone (outside of my son when I call him). I only call my friends when I want to go out. I've also found myself going out alone these last few weeks. A week or so ago I woke up at a woman's place and I have no idea who she was. No words were said she just handed me my clothes and I left. When I go to class I sit there and leave right after.

I don't think it is very healthy. I need to stop. Another reason is I found myself falling for a friend that I shouldn't be falling for. She's the female me. We talk about our sex lives with each other and shit like that. The thing is we could never date each other. She's too much like I was before I met my ex-wife. I've also realized that I never loved my ex she was just someone that was there when I needed someone and I latched on to her. The only woman I have ever loved died while I was deployed to Iraq (she was French). I've never gotten over her. The thing is I have never given myself the chance. Every time I am with a woman I try to find the feeling that I miss. The feeling I had with the French girl. In fact every woman makes me feel like the void grows.

So I think I am ready to move on. It's almost been ten years. I guess it is time to accept that I will never have that again. I am okay with that. I had something pure once and I may never have it again but for that small moment in time I had "her."

The plan is to stop the sleeping around and try to get to know someone before sleeping with them. Which is going to be hard because I have to rework my whole attitude. My friends have bets going on that I won't even make it a month. I don't know how I am going to do this because I don't open up very well.

EDIT: Going to sleep. Peace.

Imm0rt4l

Just started Dark Arisen and creating a character. Of course there aren't any good black hairstyles. Aside from the dreads/ponytail dreads, which are pretty righteous.

Guys, I was going to make a thread about this but I will just speak amongst those I like here in this thread. I've been living an unbelievable sexual lifestyle since my ex left me four years ago. A few days back I left a woman's place very early in the morning. While I was walking to my car I realized I hate that shit. I want to stay and spend some time with a woman. Over the week I have decided that I can't do it anymore. It's a lonely existence. Yeah, when I am with a woman I am content for that moment, but after I feel like shit. Total shit. Recently I have been going days without saying a word to anyone (outside of my son when I call him). I only call my friends when I want to go out. I've also found myself going out alone these last few weeks. A week or so ago I woke up at a woman's place and I have no idea who she was. No words were said she just handed me my clothes and I left. When I go to class I sit there and leave right after.

I don't think it is very healthy. I need to stop. Another reason is I found myself falling for a friend that I shouldn't be falling for. She's the female me. We talk about our sex lives with each other and shit like that. The thing is we could never date each other. She's too much like I was before I met my ex-wife. I've also realized that I never loved my ex she was just someone that was there when I needed someone and I latched on to her. The only woman I have ever loved died while I was deployed to Iraq (she was French). I've never gotten over her. The thing is I have never given myself the chance. Every time I am with a woman I try to find the feeling that I miss. The feeling I had with the French girl. In fact every woman makes me feel like the void grows.

So I think I am ready to move on. It's almost been ten years. I guess it is time to accept that I will never have that again. I am okay with that. I had something pure once and I may never have it again but for that small moment in time I had "her."

The plan is to stop the sleeping around and try to get to know someone before sleeping with them. Which is going to be hard because I have to rework my whole attitude. My friends have bets going on that I won't even make it a month. I don't know how I am going to do this because I don't open up very well.

Just remember the times you felt empty after such encounters. Sex isn't everything!

Just watched Sessler's review of the Xbox One....it really wasn't supposed to launch this soon was it? Seems like their vision is really ambitious but at the moment not full baked.

Just watched Sessler's review of the Xbox One....it really wasn't supposed to launch this soon was it? Seems like their vision is really ambitious but at the moment not full baked.

I got the same vibe. It seems half baked as fuck but then again...almost all of Microsoft's stuff seems half baked on delivery.

Offtopic: Ugh Firefox loves crashing when it hits 2GB of memory usage despite the fact I have 16GB of memory. Looks like I gotta go back to 64bit version of Firefox, I mean damn if I want 137 tabs open between two windows then let me! D:

Seeing it function in real time was cool, I could easily see getting used to a device that works like what MS plans to turn the XB1 into buuuuttt all the caveats seem like too much to deal with early on.

Hand gesture control is faulty as hell, don't use it...you should be using voice commands in tandem with a controller anyway....but voice commands are super particular with certain things and get snagged in noisy environments sometimes.

Snapping is cool...but streaming videos from the browser is laggy...and voice recognition of tv stations is in some instances inaccurate or clueless...but who watches live tv anyway....oh about that DVR of yours...yea.

It's like fuck...get back to me when it works then god damn.

I just want my PS4 to work. I am sending it out tomorrow for repair.

This is after Amazon decided to delay my order till Monday when I had it preordered June 11th.

and then when I got it on Monday harddrive was busted.

So the wait to play PS4 continues... and I am not going to sully it by going to Best Buy God damnit.

The idea that you can't have something again like a deep connection with another person is something I consider to be false. You gotta take risks and put yourself out there but this world is vast. There are so many beautiful people (inside and out) to get to know. You won't find them just doing random bar hookups though.

Seeing it function in real time was cool, I could easily see getting used to a device that works like what MS plans to turn the XB1 into buuuuttt all the caveats seem like too much to deal with early on.

Hand gesture control is faulty as hell, don't use it...you should be using voice commands in tandem with a controller anyway....but voice commands are super particular with certain things and get snagged in noisy environments sometimes.

Snapping is cool...but streaming videos from the browser is laggy...and voice recognition of tv stations is in some instances inaccurate or clueless...but who watches live tv anyway....oh about that DVR of yours...yea.

It's like fuck...get back to me when it works then god damn.

The UI looks dope but I saw a stream in which someone had a shitton pinned and I was like...that just look way too chaotic. MS should at least allow people to group their pins ala Windows 8/8.1. I'm also not too thrilled on how precise you have to be with the name of the game. I mean what if Penny Arcade releases something like "Penny Arcade's On the Rain Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 HD"?...I refuse to have to repeat that entire name every time I want to switch to it.

Lol yall should see destructiod using Kinect voice controls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caJpUpVKyzk

also at Kaep, sounds like that might be more of a emotional connection fear?

Yeeeaaa MS is gonna have to get that stuff right before I get one. I was ready to punch my monitor just watching him struggle with it.

The UI looks dope but I saw a stream in which someone had a shitton pinned and I was like...that just look way too chaotic. MS should at least allow people to group their pins ala Windows 8/8.1. I'm also not too thrilled on how precise you have to be with the name of the game. I mean what if Penny Arcade releases something like "Penny Arcade's On the Rain Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 HD"?...I refuse to have to repeat that entire name every time I want to switch to it.

I'm not fan of the metro interface at all, I think it's mostly how un-uniform the tiles are, just makes it look messy. XMB on the PS3 had little charm or personality but the placement of things at least made sense. Both console UIs need work on that front, but just looking at XB1's metro design makes me think of a messy desk....ain't having that.

Yeeeaaa MS is gonna have to get that stuff right before I get one. I was ready to punch my monitor just watching him struggle with it.

I'm not fan of the metro interface at all, I think it's mostly how un-uniform the tiles are, just makes it look messy. XMB on the PS3 had little charm or personality but the placement of things at least made sense. Both console UIs need work on that front, but just looking at XB1's metro design makes me think of a messy desk....ain't having that.

Metro works when there is organization put into it. MS threw that aspect out the window cira Zune HD's death. So now we're left with...this. The lack of categorization on XBO makes it all look like utter shit. Honestly I hate both UIs. I like many parts of PS4, but the visual design is just ass, it looks like a UI for a toy due to all the transparencies and gaudy gray buttons everywhere. It needs a better more uniform design, so many different UI choices for menus, and then there's menus within menus within menus. So unnecessary.

The internet browsing stuff just looked like he didn't know what to say exactly to command it and the system stuff should get easier once you figure out what it's listening for.

Like you can't say "Xbox, play Forza" you have to say "Xbox, play Forza Motorsport 5"

But honestly I'd rather avoid that learning curve if all those things are a few d-pad presses away anyway.

Sounds like you need some form of closure. Thats something you are going to have to face head on. I know how it feels to bounce from bed to bed looking for some semblence of feeling "whole" I can fucking relate. But a lot of these realizations you are going to have to discover within yourself. Thats gonna be the hardest part. And when it comes to the lady, yeah you did lose someone special but that shouldnt stop you. And knowing nine times out of ten she would want you to be happy, and not beat yourself up which is what you are doing now.

Immortal, which system you playing DDDA on?

cdyhybrid

Chrono Trigger soundtrack is still the GOAT. Maybe it's just nostalgia, but the music (and the game itself obviously) will never get old.

Chrono Trigger soundtrack is still the GOAT. Maybe it's just nostalgia, but the music (and the game itself obviously) will never get old.

Yeah it is. But I like what spawned from it. Like the
Brink of Time Arranged Soundtrack
Chrono Trigger Mixtape

So damn good.

It hit me just now. How do you know music is amazing? When you can hear a song and it literally puts you in a spot that you can remember when you heard it and what was going on. It brings you emotion and joy, sadness and pain, love and hate.

BHZ Mayor

Fucking people man, ugh I wish I could just jettison motherfuckers to the moon and shit. Soooo much rage right now, I want to say so much and insult so much. I want to demean and shit on their souls verbally but I can't because I have to "tolerate" such ignorance. Sometimes I just want to give into baser feelings and just spazz the fuck out.

Yep, we have to "tolerate" these individual dumb fucks and spare their feelings or get banned for "insulting other users". Meanwhile, these assholes get to spew ignorant, hateful shit about a race of people that includes a swath of posters, and coast right along.

Slayven

I am so tired of folks bringing out the dictionary when talking about racism. They should sell Gaf racism toolboxes that include dictionaries and color charts.

Dereck

I am so tired of folks bringing out the dictionary when talking about racism. They should sell Gaf racism toolboxes that include dictionaries and color charts.
You've been dropping knowledge in dumb race related threads lately though, I see you.

i31kODpJm0uEt.gif

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
I gotta admit, Slaven has been dropkicking in race threads recently

I've been in them as well, which isn't good for my blood pressure :/

BHZ Mayor

Black Friday TV deals looking wack as THEE fuck this year.

EDIT: Is Element a good brand? They'll have a 50'' 1080p for $229 at Target.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

You're speaking to me right now.

Instead of Iraq, I lost someone to some dumb shit while I was away from home and I did the same thing as you - tune out my personal issues taking on other people's issues which more times than not left me in a situation where a person needed me around way more than I ever wanted or needed them. Basically, people became a bandaid.

But when I came to a spot where I felt I needed to stop, I did. Met someone and even though it took me MONTHS to realize I was attracted to someone again and act on it I just... Well, I realized I still hadn't got over my last serious one and I fucked it up. I never got my shit straightened out and it costed me a good one. There was no cheating, lying, fighting, or anything like that. It was just clear that I had more invested in one person than I ever should have and nobody deserves to walk into that. 50/50 sounds nice until you realize that someone's 50 is a lot bigger than other's.

I thought I was good - but that cost me a good one. And I know now, after the fact, that I got a ways to go. Hell, even if I just acknowledged the shit back then I'd probably be good still. Just take some time for yourself before trying to force something to be safe man.

Slayven

Bish came out the hyperbolic time chamber at max power.

Dudes arguing Knack vs Ryse in the wake of the inevitably 5/10 Ryse Review bloodbath

has it really come to this
Ryse is the Moris of games, it was suppose to be tech demo. But the bosses got it doing 11 jobs it wasn't made for.

harSon

Banned
I extreme couponed the fuck out of these launches. I got $230 from selling two Playstation 4's. I opened up a Chase credit card, and they had "spend $500 within three months and get $200 in reward points." They also had get 5% cashback as rewards point from October to December on Amazon purchases, so between the two Playstation 4's and 1 Xbox One that I got, I'm getting a little over $50 in rewards points. I'm probably going to just tie that $250 in rewards points to my Amazon account or something. So right now I'm sitting on $480 in savings between all of that with an extra Xbox One to sell.

Not too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom