• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

first episode of The Blacklist was fire. it kind of fell off to me but i still run it on TV in the background. Megan Boone is indeed beautiful but she wasn't a good pick for the role.

The problem with it is they blew their whole budget in like two episodes. The show got so cheap by episode four. Terrible green screens, explosions and unconvincing locations plaguing the series.

Spader chewing the fuck out of every line though. Only reason I still watch. He's having fun.

The problem with it is they blew their whole budget in like two episodes. The show got so cheap by episode four. Terrible green screens, explosions and unconvincing locations plaguing the series.

Spader chewing the fuck out of every line though. Only reason I still watch. He's having fun.

Yea the budget constraint is obvious as hell.

Spader comes from that Sam Jackson school of "as long as you pay idgaf what the role is" Dude is the same character in everything he does, quality of the project doesn't matter, goes in.. nails his shit and goes home. And it just works for him.

Me and a co-worker are arguing about something.

If a friend you've known for a while (5 years or so) asked for you to put two computers (MacBook Pro and a iMac) on your credit card because he doesn't have one. It came up to $3500. Would you trust a friend to pay you back?

My co-workers friend did end up paying him back the next day.

Personally I don't play that shit.

depends on the person... i've done that before, but for about $1500 and got my money back on schedule. i wouldn't straight say no, but there is a small list...

harSon

Banned

If a friend you've known for a while (5 years or so) asked for you to put two computers (MacBook Pro and a iMac) on your credit card because he doesn't have one. It came up to $3500. Would you trust a friend to pay you back?

$3,500... hell the fuck no. But I'd do it for a few hundred dollars, or anything I could realistically recover from without much effort. It's a small price to pay to find out whether someone you think is a close friend ain't shit.

b6907bf6584f11e399761229147967f5_8.jpg

MLK didn't die for this

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
They couldn't even get themselves to draw Snoopy sitting next to Franklin and he's part black!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
And all those motherfuckers get regular chairs and Franklin's ass has to sit in a lawn chair.

Oh and happy thanksgiving BCT, lol. I'm on th long drive to see family on my dad's side, nothing but country for the next two hours.

Gorillaz

Marcie doesn't even want to sit with Franklin....MARCIE the one who people barely likes,calling her own one and true "friend" sir, doesn't want to sit by him.

JohnDoe

Banned
Distractions placed here by the devil to lead us away from the word of god.

Me being an atheist of course only proves that it worked.

Cray gon cray, pay them no mind.
If they're family that's harder of course but there's nothing you can do really.

Speaking of religious people, why can't even the ones who aren't crazy but still devout take a joke?

J10

Banned
The vast majority of the religious people I know definitely can handle jokes about their faith and often make jokes about it themselves. With them it's not so much about the letter of the scripture as it is about the spirit of the message. I can't knock that so long as the message is positive. I tend to want to keep rational people around me.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Ever feel so lost you prey for an Al B Sure or Shemar Moore to come and light your way?

shemar moore was the final knife in the back to soul train. he can stay on criminal minds where he cant hurt anything else.

Aim_Ed

Where you're from- Toronto
Where you live- Canada
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Somali
Do you know your roots- Yes
Your Age- 19
Favorite musical genre- Rap
Your profession/major/career interest- Computer Science
Your religious affiliation- Sunni Islam
Hobbies- Sports, Hiking, Reading

First post ever, trying not to embarrass myself. :D

Slayven

shemar moore was the final knife in the back to soul train. he can stay on criminal minds where he cant hurt anything else.

It's so funny, when he bucks up that head dude pretty must slaps him down.

Where you live- Canada
Your Age- 19

Welcome. How you buy milk? In a bag?

Dereck

If the friend can you back tomorrow, just tell dude to wait until tomorrow and deal with that shit him/herself.

ReiGun

The vast majority of the religious people I know definitely can handle jokes about their faith and often make jokes about it themselves.

Same here.

Ironically, the ones most sensitive about their beliefs in my circle are atheists. I tried to clown them on a couple times and watched them get so salty about it. Which shocked me, since they clowned religion pretty often, so figured they'd be able to take a joke.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
They were put there to test our faith. But the stupid godless scientists just had to build all these theories and stuff about them instead of putting them back in the ground where they belong!

BHZ Mayor

Where you live- Canada
Your Age- 19

Welcome. Y'all Canadian neegs trying to take over. Anyway, the important question. KFC or Popeyes?

Imm0rt4l

Same here.

Ironically, the ones most sensitive about their beliefs in my circle are atheists. I tried to clown them on a couple times and watched them get so salty about it. Which shocked me, since they clowned religion pretty often, so figured they'd be able to take a joke.
How does this even work

ReiGun

How does this work

I don't even know. I think I was making a joke about agnostics - like "they need to pick a side lolol" - and people got straight offended. It threw me off because while I was not deeply religious - in fact, I'm not sure what I believe currently - it was known that I was a Christian and they made Jesus joke everyday without me getting heated. But this day, I ended up having a "debate" about the merits of different beliefs systems when all I was doing with shooting the shit and joking.

J10

Banned
I hardly ever get clowned on for being an atheist. I usually get pity or, occasionally, a look of disgust. They say shit like, "I'll pray for you." I know it usually comes from a good place, but it still feels condescending.

ReiGun

It kinda sucks that you can't really discuss religion with most people since it's a generally interesting topic. Politics as well, though that subject doesn't interest me much personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom