• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

MS just wants to say we give free shit too.

They know not enough people give a fuck. Sony is bending over backwards in many ways this generation to regain the ground they lost (and to make that mandatory PS+ subscription for online play an easier pill to swallow), while MS is doing the bare minimum after getting caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

They know not enough people give a fuck. Sony is bending over backwards in many ways this generation to regain the ground they lost (and to make that mandatory PS+ subscription for online play an easier pill to swallow), while MS is doing the bare minimum after getting caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

MS can go fuck themselves with their original vision for the Xbox One, but this is exactly why everyone should be happy that both companies exist in the gaming space.

Slayven

Sony won back the hood with that Kingdom hearts announcement. So goes the hood, so goes everyone else.

Imm0rt4l

MS can go fuck themselves with their original vision for the Xbox One, but this is exactly why everyone should be happy that both companies exist in the gaming space.

This is true as much as I used to hate the idea of the two basically trying to occupy the same space. it may be hard to justify having both consoles, but you can easily justify both being on the market to keep eachother on their toes. Because we know Nintendo is incapable/unwilling to do it.

ReiGun

I can't do Thanksgiving like I used to. I get one good plate, struggle through it toward the end, then wait like an hour to get some ice cream and then I'm done. I don't even think about seconds anymore.

Slayven

This is true as much as I used to hate the idea of the two basically trying to occupy the same space. it may be hard to justify having both consoles, but you can easily justify both being on the market to keep eachother on their toes. Because we know Nintendo is incapable/unwilling to do it.

Could you imagine if Nintendo was dominate?

Gorillaz

MS tried to Dreamcast Sony, and probably could have done it if they actually worked on the message and the marketing better. I think tho that word of mouth especially about PS plus, put Sony back in the spotlight as a contender leading up to the announcement of next gen.

There definitely was a culture switch around the release of Uncharted 2. Maybe MS will have a change in tone like that soon, but seeing how this was there vision for about a decade and it not happen for a bit.

Slayven

MS tried to Dreamcast Sony, and probably could have done it if they actually worked on the message and the marketing better. I think tho that word of mouth especially about PS plus, put Sony back in the spotlight as a contender leading up to the announcement of next gen.

There definitely was a culture switch around the release of Uncharted 2. Maybe MS will have a change in tone like that soon, but seeing how this was there vision for about a decade and it not happen for a bit.
It's not that Sony has done something amazing, it's just that they haven't been assholes.

Slayven

we'd probably still be using cartridges

He's talking about specs, if Nintendo was the trailblazer in console tech.
Not only that, but industry policies. When Hood amateurs have a better account system than you, you need to step your game up.

Speaking of policies, seeing how MS is doing Gaming with Gold tells me they were never going to let people do that family share thing like they were hoping it would be.

DominoKid

the struggle does not rest for thanksgiving

That Plate

tumblr_mwzk9lnCkv1r1qotlo1_500.jpg

akira28

Thanksgiving dinner is gonna kill me, such delicious pain. I could only get one plate, that's how I know I'm getting old. I couldn't even finish it. I am ashamed.

My Ethiopian cousins came and brought all sorts of vegetarian shit I ain't used to eating, but it was good. But damn. I feel like I can never eat again.

edit: shit, ya'll already covered this topic. nm.

Gorillaz

So stores in my area been open since 8pm and one dude in my class had to cut short his thanksgiving short and come back to campus because he works at best buy from like 1am to 11am tomorrow

Retail workers on death watch tonight

Not even gonna ask why you're at BK on Thanksgiving when there is bomb ass food to be had. But I will say this...cops will be outside your quarterlies for that stare.

image.php

--

You ate each so much godlike food in one 12 hour period, you just don't wanna eat anything ever again? This is my life fam

Think of your wife Rio

we don't need you catching a case

Nah. I celebrated Thanksgiving on Tuesday when I was off and could enjoy the itis. I been eating leftovers for days and needed to snatch something up after getting my brakes done.
I had turkey, Cornbread Dressing, Greenbean Cassarole, Sweet Potato Pie, Yams, Broccoli and Cheese Cassarole, Rolls and OJ.
We went small this year cause it was just The Queen and I.
But next week Im gonna be posting on the road. I am going back to Louisiana for the first time in 5 years.

Bought my ungrateful ass brothers a desktop for Xmas, and I have a pile of steam/origin codes I'm going to hand off to them.

Gonna try and get a couple of those $22 ps+ cards and maybe a TV so I can fully enjoy my unemployment. I've had a cold my entire week from week so far. Shit sucks.

Trey

That thanksgiving food was glorious. Fell asleep on the couch ten minutes after finishing my plate - felt like an old.

UhVxroV.jpg

Our meal. Pictured: candied yams, stuffing, mashed potatoes with short rib marinade reduction gravy, ham with tarragon mustard and short ribs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom