• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I have no idea which studio were in charge of this. And if it was MTL, i have no clue where any of them sit. LOL!
Time to yell at these people on Twitter. How the same publisher can create a great character like Aveline, then turn around and squeeze this out is beyond me.

Just picture Tony Dungy with the coach's clicker breaking down a pivotal scene from 12 Years a Slave to Dan Patrick.
Love me some Dan Patrick, yo.

Last place you want to fuck with is Oakland.

That's what I was thinking, like every gang in a 40 mile radius would have fucked N.Korea up before they could even land. But for some reason this version of Oakland only has 1 black family, and a Hispanic family that's from out of town.

What mythical part of Oakland is this??

That's what I was thinking, like every gang in a 40 mile radius would have fucked N.Korea up before they could even land. But for some reason this version of Oakland only has 1 black family, and a Hispanic family that's from out of town.

and this is the toughest squad Oakland got? Not-Thor and that skinny-fat kid from Drake and Josh?

red_dawn_movie-wide.jpg

I would have least recruited that old white mothafucka from the bus

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Welp, I sploodged a fuckton of money on new stuff the last two days.

I replaced my old HDTV (32" Westinghouse from 2007... It was time), and went all in on a speaker system (even older than that). It ended up being a weird mix between Sony floorstanding speakers and a Polk Audio subwoofer that will be paired to my Onkyo receiver.

Maybe in a few years I will upgrade to a proper high-end Polk Audio system, but the performance-to-cost ratio was too good with the Sony speakers from everything I researched.

Redbox must have given up on GTAV in my area. I've been trying to rent a copy to play for a weekend, but it hasn't shown up since a couple of weeks past release.

Too many thieves.

and this is the toughest squad Oakland got? Not-Thor and that skinny-fat kid from Drake and Josh?

I would have least recruited that old white mothafucka from the bus

So far the best thing about this movie is Adrianne Palicki and Alyssa Diaz. And I'm strictly talking about their looks because neither of them are convincing in anyway.

BHZ Mayor

Fam, I'm a sad panda right now. Had a good Thanksgiving dinner yesterday, let's just say today was a 'shitty' day. Thought it would pass and I could just overcook the leftovers. Nope. Soon as I started eating fam. Soon as I started eating. All those leftovers gonna have to go to waste. I'ma have to throw away this fie-ass potato casserole. ;_;

harSon

Banned

It takes place in Spokane, Washington though..

And that movie is just bullshit propaganda. Was such horse shit...

Fam, I'm a sad panda right now. Had a good Thanksgiving dinner yesterday, let's just say today was a 'shitty' day. Thought it would pass and I could just overcook the leftovers. Nope. Soon as I started eating fam. Soon as I started eating. All those leftovers gonna have to go to waste. I'ma have to throw away this fie-ass potato casserole. ;_;

Be happy you have thanksgiving today, we (Canadians) had it last month.

Okay seriously this movie is dumb as fuck. Some of these characters need to die, like this Matty boy. Someone shoot this ninja please....hell shoot all of them. I can't believe I'm rooting for Korea to win.

Aaaaaand to the shock of no one, all the minorities got killed in a single scene save for one. Who did not see that coming huh....>.>

Imm0rt4l

Never seen Red Dawn, all I know about is what I've seen from social media. Sadly all I could take away from those tweets and posts were racist white people using the movie as a reason to hate Asian people irl.

Never seen Red Dawn, all I know about is what I've seen from social media. Sadly all I could take away from those tweets and posts were racist white people using the movie as a reason to hate Asian people irl.

Shit they need to hate the people who made this movie. I saw the tweets though, ignorant mofos galore.

Went to Walmart,GameStop, BigLots, Freds, and IHOP.

All I got is a pair of sweat pants. Goddamn am I frugal.

Couldn't find a good MP3 player worth a damn. I need something for this damn drive Monday. Any suggestions for a pad/tablet that I can snatch that's quality without spending an arm and a leg?

Aaaaaand naturally the last minority in the group pretty much has to go. And for added measure he's the reason they group gets ambushed lol. This movie I swear, so much can be insinuated with this movie.

Never change Hollywood.

J10

Banned
I also watched Red Dawn this morning on Netflix.

Fun fact about the Red Dawn remake: The movie was shot with the invading army being Chinese. When they figured out that that would be bad for business (China's a huge market that Hollywood doesn't wanna piss off) they went in and digitally changed all of the Chinese symbols and dialogue to North Korean.

The original premise of the movie was that the US was invaded by China for defaulting on loans. The US essentially gets repossessed. LOL That would have been way more awesome than what we actually got, if you ask me.

By the way, please watch Robot & Frank on Netflix if you haven't seen it yet. It's really great.

RedSwirl

Red Dawn should never have been remade. Society is not in the same place as when the first one was released.

Exactly what I thought as soon as I saw the trailer. What are y'all even thinking watching that movie? No really. What made you want to watch it?

I also watched Red Dawn this morning on Netflix.

Fun fact about the Red Dawn remake: The movie was shot with the invading army being Chinese. When they figured out that that would be bad for business (China's a huge market that Hollywood doesn't wanna piss off) they went in and digitally changed all of the Chinese symbols and dialogue to North Korean.

The original premise of the movie was that the US was invaded by China for defaulting on loans. The US essentially gets repossessed. LOL That would have been way more awesome than what we actually got, if you ask me.

By the way, please watch Robot & Frank on Netflix if you haven't seen it yet. It's really great.

I... who the hell wrote this? The Tea Party?

Anyway, I did, for some reason, ended up watching 2 Guns tonight. I had no idea what the concept of that movie was beforehand despite having seen the TV commercial. All I saw as "Mark Wahlberg, Denzel, guns." All I can really say is the movie wasn't absolute shit. Surprised though that it was yet another movie based on an obscure comic.

Oh, and a few days ago I finally watched DREDD. Damn that movie must've been hard on Karl Urban. It isn't even really the voice for me, but the fact that he had to frown in every damn one of his shots.

Still think The Raid is better.

Went to Walmart,GameStop, BigLots, Freds, and IHOP.

All I got is a pair of sweat pants. Goddamn am I frugal.

Couldn't find a good MP3 player worth a damn. I need something for this damn drive Monday. Any suggestions for a pad/tablet that I can snatch that's quality without spending an arm and a leg?

You can get the Microsoft Surface RT 1 tablet from the MS store for $199 free shipping, 32GB.

that play by play from Angelus about Red Dawn honestly is making me want to watch it on netflix lol

You should watch it for the laughs

Exactly what I thought as soon as I saw the trailer. What are y'all even thinking watching that movie? No really. What made you want to watch it?

Anyway, I did, for some reason, ended up watching 2 Guns tonight. I had no idea what the concept of that movie was beforehand despite having seen the TV commercial. All I saw as "Mark Wahlberg, Denzel, guns." All I can really say is the movie wasn't absolute shit. Surprised though that it was yet another movie based on an obscure comic.

Oh, and a few days ago I finally watched DREDD. Damn that movie must've been hard on Karl Urban. It isn't even really the voice for me, but the fact that he had to frown in every damn one of his shots.

Real talk right here.

Deprive

image.php

Just noticed that Lorde looks like MJ.

You will enjoy AoT Moris, one of the best shows to come out over the past few anime seasons.

Slayven

Apparently the studio sat on Red Dawn for like a year or 2, and decided to release it when Hemworth was getting hot.

Speaking of Magneto, I've been lurking for awhile and I'm not too sure how many in this thread keep up with comics but what happened to cause Magneto to be part of the X crew now? I've been out of the comic game for awhile and just started recently reading again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom