• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

UhVxroV.jpg

Our meal. Pictured: candied yams, stuffing, mashed potatoes with short rib marinade reduction gravy, ham with tarragon mustard and short ribs.

alright paula deen

BHZ Mayor

That Sharkeisha thread is going 115% better than I expected. Yeah there's a few of the usual "I don't understand"/"trash"/"waaah Worldstar" posts, but everyone is too busy discussing the absurdity of the name 'Sharkeisha', the impact of that punch, and the photoshops to give those bozos the attention that enables them to poison threads like that.

Slayven

That Sharkeisha thread is going 115% better than I expected. Yeah there's a few of the usual "I don't understand"/"trash"/"waaah Worldstar" posts, but everyone is too busy discussing the absurdity of the name 'Sharkeisha', the impact of that punch, and the photoshops to give those bozos the attention that enables them to poison threads like that.

Wonder if people that have a problem with worldstar have a problem with liveleak?

I see where I got a bunch of my old attitudes, lol.

My family decrying black movies and BET. Like y'all didn't watch Madea.

They say it's racism. Yes, they are all black.

The other black character in the game can "communicate with voodoo spirits". Her biography reveals she lost her family in the 2010 Haiti earthquake. No, not too soon, perfectly appropriate, well done.

oh noooooooooooooooo Esco y u do dis

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Ya'll act like Ubisoft entire writing and marketing departments run everything by Esco to get his seal of approval before they publish.

EDIT:

"I gotta run... Someone's waiting for me."

"Yeah... My knuckles."
At some point though you have to wonder if the writers are self aware at all.

DominoKid

Slavery is super hot right now. Harriet Tubman is coming to a TV near you.

EXCLUSIVE: Slavery continues to be in the cultural zeitgeist. FX has joined the trend with The Code, a limited series exploring American slavery from Kelsey Grammer‘s Grammnet NH Prods. It is based on the book Song Yet Sung by The Color Of Water author James McBride, which draws from the life of famous abolitionist Harriet Tubman. Born a slave, she escaped and, with the help of the hard-bitten white watermen of Maryland’s Eastern Shore, fostered an intricate escape network of secret routes and safe houses known as the Underground Railroad that she used to smuggle more than 300 slaves to the North. The Code centers on Liz, a black woman making a desperate dash to freedom, on the run from a torn white waterman and able slave catcher, who takes on one last job — only to find himself in a war against a notorious female slave stealer. As Liz makes her way through the dark and forbidding swamplands of Maryland’s Eastern Shore using the black codes of the underground, the complexities of slavery play out in full force, pitting slave against slave, white against white, and plantation owner against plantation owner. McBride will adapt his book and co-executive produce with Brian Taylor, with Grammer, Brian Sher and Stella Bulochnikov executive producing.

FX has been interested in tackling the subject of slavery in a limited series and actively pursued a Roots remake, a project that ultimately went to History. The topic of slavery is very much on people’s minds through a string of popular movies including last year’s Django Unchained, this year’s Oscar hopeful 12 Years A Slave, and with Lee Daniels’ The Butler also touching on the subject. ABC is developing a limited series about James Madison’s slave servant. Taylor, Grammnet’s former head of development, acquired rights to the project and brought McBride to FX through his friendship with the author. McBride is repped by CAA, while Grammnet is repped by UTA.

Ya'll act like Ubisoft entire writing and marketing departments run everything by Esco to get his seal of approval before they publish.

I honestly think more companies should have a Black Guy Approval Process. Say, "Hey, we're gonna have a giant killer gorilla take over Africa. As in, the entire continent of Africa and enslave black people. What do you think of this idea?" If he gives you that side-eye "this nigga..." stare, rethink your creative decisions.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
BGAP: Black Guy approval process would save a lot of folks career shame and embarrassment for sure.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
The other black character in the game can "communicate with voodoo spirits". Her biography reveals she lost her family in the 2010 Haiti earthquake. No, not too soon, perfectly appropriate, well done.

oh noooooooooooooooo Esco y u do dis

WHAT DA FUCK??! Where is this?

lol

I bet they say please and thank you after shit gets popping off.

"you robbing me? naw it's all good since you asked politely here you go mr. robber, your welcome"

You guys are entertaining,

but seriously.. especially in the greater toronto area, Canada has hoods.

I have no idea which studio were in charge of this. And if it was MTL, i have no clue where any of them sit. LOL!

Outsourced to an AMA ltd, published by Ubi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom