• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

Speaking of Magneto, I've been lurking for awhile and I'm not too sure how many in this thread keep up with comics but what happened to cause Magneto to be part of the X crew now? I've been out of the comic game for awhile and just started recently reading again.

Near extinction of the mutant race thanks to Scarlet Witch going bonkers happened, so Mags decided to roll with Cyclops and crew because he respected Scott's swagger.

So Cyke was just cool with rolling with Magneto after all of the years of fighting that had gone down? I suppose the near extinction of ones race would change the outlook on things.

Slayven

Rewatching X-Men the 90s cartoon. Forgot how hilarious the writing is and how OP Magneto is.
Everyone was actually toned down in teh cartoon, ecept for Morph, he got a powerup
So Cyke was just cool with rolling with Magneto after all of the years of fighting that had gone down? I suppose the near extinction of ones race would change the outlook on things.

Cyke is a straight G. He runs shit, he did what Mags and X couldn't. Magneto accepted Beta status.

u3CQVXu.jpg

eEW1zfl.jpg

3B96RhJ.jpg

Everyone was actually toned down in teh cartoon, ecept for Morph, he got a powerup

Cyke is a straight G. He runs shit, he did what Mags and X couldn't. Magneto accepted Beta status.

Everyone will always be toned down compared to the comics but Magneto is basically wrecking shit without even trying and the only person who can fuck with him atm is Prof X. The way they're going about this Mag could just fuck humanity up in a matter of days and why shouldn't he, that's what he wants.

Rewatching X-Men the 90s cartoon. Forgot how hilarious the writing is and how OP Magneto is.

90s magneto was insane. owned both X-teams, X-factor, AND X-force at the same time, while levitating an asteroid the size of manhattan over his head.

He's not quite that powerful anymore.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Swagnus was a beast. Dude look like he lifted sentinals in the gym, during the future episodes. Old as fuck and still on his mvc 2 bullshit.

Slayven

90s magneto was insane. owned both X-teams, X-factor, AND X-force at the same time, while levitating an asteroid the size of manhattan over his head.

He's not quite that powerful anymore.
He ain't have to do Fabian Cortez like that, that shit was cold blooded.

prof x feelin some kinda way after that
"He ain't have to yell at me like that. He lucky I am still getting sue to walking or I would kid his ass."

J10

Banned
I feel like I want to get into the comics, but I'd have no idea where to start, which subseries to read, etc.
If you're talking about x-men specifically, House of M, Curse of the Mutants, Avengers Vs x-men were enjoyable recently. There's the Old Man Logan arc if you don't hate Wolverine. The limited series X-men: The End is pretty good too.

BlackJace

If you're talking about x-men specifically, House of M, Curse of the Mutants, Avengers Vs x-men were enjoyable recently. There's the Old Man Logan arc if you don't hate Wolverine. The limited series X-men: The End is pretty good too.

Thanks I'll check those out.

I just listed a PS4, with a ridiculous "buy now" price of $800, ten minutes ago. It gets no bids and a guy immediately buying. I'm getting scammed, aren't I?

Slayven

I just listed a PS4, with a ridiculous "buy now" price of $800, ten minutes ago. It gets no bids and a guy immediately buying. I'm getting scammed, aren't I?

Probably, been a while since I did anything on Ebay.

Man I really hate defending shit that I enjoy and against people that claim to hate it but still consume it. I never got that mentality and never will.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

HAHAHAHAHAHA "Shut the FUCK up Charles I know that was you I ain't even gotta LOOK"

Slayven

But he "paid me" $900 total! He just needs a tracking number.

Are people really falling for this?

Is the money in your paypal or something? This scams always interest me. Someone sent my mom fake check to cash from Proctor and Gamble(biggest detergent maker in the country). She turned it in to the local factory and we got free washing powder for a year.

Is the money in your paypal or something? This scams always interest me. Someone sent my mom fake check to cash from Proctor and Gamble(biggest detergent maker in the country). She turned it in to the local factory and we got free washing powder for a year.

Nah, what they do is request your email address to "verify your paypal." Then they draft typo ridden "pay pal" confirmation emails with clip art letter head. It's pretty funny.

You ever read that story where British Betsy got turned into Asian Betsy? Its so wacky, but its hilariously awesome. The first X-Men story Jim Lee drew, I think.

You ever read that story where British Betsy got turned into Asian Betsy? Its so wacky, but its hilariously awesome. The first X-Men story Jim Lee drew, I think.

Yeah poor Kwannon aka Revanche. I'm not gonna bullshit I always loved the name Revanche. And that good old Claremont/Lobdell/Lee/Madueira X-Men. Whenever Mags walked in it was goddamn X Event. Loved that shit. Still love the whole Asteroid M concept.

Slayven

Reminded me that in her OG body Betty had cyborg eyes from when Killmonger poked them out. Not Killmonger, but Slaymaster I always get them mixed up.

I thought she was half Japanese or something?

She actually the mind of a minor British royal in a trained assassin body. Her brother is Captain Britain.

Deprive

Wasn't she suppose to go back to her original body? Remember reading something about Jim Lee going over Claremont's head to keep her in the asian body.

I thought she was half Japanese or something?

Nah, like Slay said Betsy is a British chick in an asian chick's body. But her entire upbringing is straight up British. Got a new body, pretty much changed her entire cultural norms and shit. Some weeaboo fantasy come true.

Slayven

Nah, like Slay said Betsy is a British chick in an asian chick's body. But her entire upbringing is straight up British. Got a new body, pretty much changed her entire cultural norms and shit. Some weeaboo fantasy come true.

I wonder if she did it because compared to her brothers, she is the runt of the litter? One can warp reality, and the other can do anything he think he can. Psychic knife is chump change.

I did like Psylockes Armor with hoodie. Devo you could cosplay OG Psylocke. And Jamie Braddock and Mad Jim Jaspers are fucking nuts. How would you like the power to see the threads of reality and manipulate them at your will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom