• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
psylocke.jpg

?

If I had unlimited funds I'd cosplay a bunch.
Yes. You can pull that off.

Rio's pawn in DD is on point.
Based on the wife.....

This is the woman who drove the charger.
EDIT: Im socially inept what is IRC?
They were just filming F&F7 here in ATL. I had to be hush hush about it though

Give him a funeral with a 12 car salute in the film. Dom the gang and others just start revving up their engines and then he drives dragging the casket off a cliff into the ocean whilst diving out of the car

Rip cuhh

Imm0rt4l

somebody that's bout to get defriended on facebook said:
Who would have thought Paul Walker would die in a car accident at the young age of 40. If you think you are exempt from death you are delusional. Protect yourself and your family with life insurance. Inbox me for info.

This asshole here.

There needs to be a campaign where you just get big ass dudes like Immortal and Timedog in a van on a street known to have catcalling. Wait for the inevitable cat call. Have one of them come out and start flirting with the catcaller like "hey there buddy you got a nice ass want my dick in it?"

There needs to be a campaign where you just get big ass dudes like Immortal and Timedog in a van on a street known to have catcalling. Wait for the inevitable cat call. Have one of them come out and start flirting with the catcaller like "hey there buddy you got a nice ass want my dick in it?"

BuffBus.....

BHZ Mayor

Don't wanna double post, but I was looking for that ChristianMingle.com commercial with the lady that looks like Amber Rose, and I eventually came across this video and wanted to share with the fam. I'm sure most of us, believer and atheist alike, can agree with the general message in it. Basically discussing how these prosperity preachers are nothing more than pimps. If anything, at least watch at around 6:15. I knew Creflo Dollar wasn't shit, but damn, the stuff he says here is disgusting. If there was any instance where "just look at his name" was true, it's this dude.

Fiktion

Banned
I can't make threads and I literally can't find anywhere else to post this. Anyone interested in this? Five East African nations are forming a unified currency: Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi. It should be noted that this is different from the Euro in that in it will have a strong central bank and a unified fiscal policy. It was the lack of a unified fiscal policy that led to most of the problems in Europe.

Heads of state of Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi, which have already signed a common market and a single customs union, said on Saturday that the protocol would allow them to progressively converge their currencies.

In the run-up to achieving a common currency, the East African Community (EAC) nations aim to harmonise monetary and fiscal policies and establish a common central bank. Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda already present their budgets simultaneously every June.

The plan by the region of about 135 million people, a new frontier for oil and gas exploration, is also meant to draw foreign investment and wean EAC countries off external aid.

Landlocked Uganda and Kenya have discovered oil, while Tanzania has vast natural gas reserves, which require improved infrastructure and foreign investment so they can be exploited.

Tanzania, where the bloc's secretariat is based, has complained that it has been sidelined in discussions to plan these projects, but Kenyatta said the EAC was still united.

Kenneth Kitariko, chief executive officer at African Alliance Uganda, an investment advisory firm, said the monetary union would boost efficiency in the region's economy estimated at about $85 billion in combined gross domestic product.

I can't make threads and I literally can't find anywhere else to post this. Anyone interested in this? Five East African nations are forming a unified currency: Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi. It should be noted that this is different from the Euro in that in it will have a strong central bank and a unified fiscal policy. It was the lack of a unified fiscal policy that led to most of the problems in Europe.

I hope they can pull that off. Though it should be noted that Kenya is not land locked. That was a poorly written and/or translated sentence in the article.

Imm0rt4l

Don't wanna double post, but I was looking for that ChristianMingle.com commercial with the lady that looks like Amber Rose, and I eventually came across this video and wanted to share with the fam. I'm sure most of us, believer and atheist alike, can agree with the general message in it. Basically discussing how these prosperity preachers are nothing more than pimps. If anything, at least watch at around 6:15. I knew Creflo Dollar wasn't shit, but damn, the stuff he says here is disgusting. If there was any instance where "just look at his name" was true, it's this dude.
I think a lof of these kind of preachers are sociopaths, some new age hustlers selling you some shit to believe in that they themselvea either dont truly believe or delude themselves into thinking theyre truly righteous. But the bible says, the bible says.....
Fuck a bible

The bible says a lot of things. You quote a passage here and there to conveniently fit your narrative justifying your bullshit, living it lavishly in this case. "Its easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to get into heaven"

^^see what I did there? And I dont even believe that bullshit.

Wife and I were having this conversation just yesterday about the various interpretations and how we as human beings will always look for meaning that is beneficial to our individual agenda. The bible is the one book that folks have twisted to hell and back just to justify the persecution and genocide of others. Its sad really that something beautiful used for such carnage. Good intention as it were....

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I think a lof of these kind of preachers are sociopaths, some new age hustlers selling you some shit to believe in that they themselvea either dont truly believe or delude themselves into thinking theyre truly righteous. But the bible says, the bible says.....
Fuck a bible

How is that any different from the many preachers, popes, and bishops during the post-Roman era? The Vatican didn't become as big as it is now over night.

Fuck a bible

The bible says a lot of things. You quote a passage here and there to conveniently fit your narrative justifying your bullshit, living it lavishly in this case. "Its easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to get into heaven"

^^see what I did there? And I dont even believe that bullshit.

How is that any different from the many preachers, popes, and bishops during the post-Roman era? The Vatican didn't become as big as it is now over night.

I don't think it is much different with the exception that it's easier for me personally to accept that illiterates and the impoverished whose limited access to the actual texts that they were being read could have been misled into following a bastardized version of the bible.

It's troubling to think people exit those mega churches hop into their automobiles, go into their air conditioned homes, turn on their HD TVs or log into their PCs and still somehow decide to return to watch a salesman read a bible and shake the loose changes from their pockets.

reilo

I don't think it is much different with the exception that it's easier for me personally to accept that illiterates and the impoverished whose limited access to the actual texts that they were being read could have been misled into following a bastardized version of the bible.

It's troubling to think people exit those mega churches hop into their automobiles, go into their air conditioned homes, turn on their HD TVs or log into their PCs and still somehow decide to return to watch a salesman read a bible and shake the loose changes from their pockets.

This is a very fair point. Access to information and the actual content is far more prevalent now than it ever could have been in the past. The Bible is the most sold book of all time (and will undoubtedly remain so), but a large swath of the religious population still looks to others in a position of power to translate (in a figurative term) what the text actually means.

And that's where things can go sideways.

Imm0rt4l

The bit where the preacher says he would want the congregation to gun down non-tithers with uzis executioner style is fucking disgusting. And that the congregation stayed mum during that part of the service is really sad.

Word

Good point. And its one reason people dont get the king james version but the newer translations. But they still rely heavily on the preacher to interpret it.

reilo

Let's put it this way: the new Pope is making headlines (AND catching flak) for actually preaching like Jesus would want him to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom