• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Young Magus

Mother fucker tapped into his inner Stoney Jackson.
He doesnt date Black Women because he scared they gonna share hair products.
He cosplaying as Lionel Ritchie.
"Because he like black men."
Shonuff done fell on hard times after Leroy put that glow on his ass.

With that shirt he could pass off as a young Uncle Ruckus

"Why black women don't date me"

He mad because his hot combs and curling irons keep getting stolen.

GAWD DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
YOOO

Bk4GW8mCUAAIJ4c.jpg

Shouldnt the video be titled

"why black women won't date my soul glo bum ass"

dude looks like beanie Sigel with a perm....

Silky

Banned
i read up on that diversity lounge shit regarding PAX and uh

what the fuck is up with that segregation bullshit they're pushing??? lmao who the fuck supports this

andthebeatgoeson

Tbh, I would be too.
Yeah, heard a rumor she has the herp.

what the fuck is up with that segregation bullshit they're pushing??? lmao who the fuck supports this
I remember the announcement. I thought it was a gesture to acknowledge their faults and an attempt to fix it by recognizing the value in non traditional gamers. Why did you think it was segregation?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Is there somewhere to read up on this? I can't find anything.

Silky

Banned
I remember the announcement. I thought it was a gesture to acknowledge their faults and an attempt to fix it by recognizing the value in non traditional gamers. Why did you think it was segregation?

Is there somewhere to read up on this? I can't find anything.

http://indiestatik.com/2013/12/17/pax-diversity-lounge/

it's a sign that PAX/Penny Arcade hasn't really learned anything regarding having a tolerant environment in the entirety of their expos, and choose some little 'safe zone' where the minority/curious can be 'educated.' Just seems really stupid too me. why not push this EVERYWHERE in your Expo instead of one isolated place

like, fuck, just treat your community like decent people.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

it's a sign that PAX/Penny Arcade hasn't really learned anything regarding having a tolerant environment in the entirety of their expos, and choose some little 'safe zone' where the minority/curious can be 'educated.' Just seems really stupid too me. why not push this EVERYWHERE in your Expo instead of one isolated place

Ah thanks. I was wondering if anything had changed since they had first announced it. Nooooope.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".

Is this the first year they are trying this ? I can see them using this as a bit of a test run if that's the case. I think that this was well intentioned but will ultimately end up segregating the gaming community. I'd like to here Esco's thoughts on this since I think he's there.

PAX/Penny Arcade hasn't really learned anything regarding having a tolerant
Did something happen in the past related to this? I don't really keep up with penny arcade.

andthebeatgoeson

Is this the first year they are trying this ? I can see them using this as a bit of a test run if that's the case. I think that this was well intentioned but will ultimately end up segregating the gaming community. I'd like to here Esco's thoughts on this since I think he's there.

Did something happen in the past related to this? I don't really keep up with penny arcade.

That's where I'm coming from. It's a baby step. Similar to if you think Nintendo could correct their online approach to equal MS in a year.

The issue was over something called dickwolves. There is so much to cover, you'll have to dig up a lot.

Forget you guys. I am joining Kpop gaf.
There are white women there?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Screen-Shot-2014-04-10-at-4.28.41-PM-e1397163694899.png

Blackface, which has an ugly history dating back to at least the fifteenth century according to historian John Strausbaugh, was used to portray demeaning and horrifying stereotypes of blacks. Such stereotypical imitation has not been limited to blacks, of course; actors tasked with playing stereotypical Jew Shylock often donned a fake nose and red wig, as did actors who were supposed to play Barabas in The Jew of Malta. Such stereotypical potrayals create a false sense of blacks, or Jews, or whomever becomes the target of such nastiness.

. . . His show is about pure hatred for conservatives in the same way that blackface was about pure hatred of blacks. In order to justify their racism, racists had to create a false perception of blacks; in the same way, Colbert and his audience can justify their racism only by creating a false perception of conservatives.

. . . The problem is this: will 50% of CBS’ audience simply go amnesiac on Colbert’s career-making hate?

http://www.truthrevolt.org/commentary/stephen-colberts-vile-political-blackface

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
So now blackface is bad?
Right?

You damn PC liberals and your hurt feelings...painting your face black and your lips red is just traditional, family fun. Hey wait how dare you mock my political beliefs with non-offensive and accurate satire, POLITICAL blackface!

Kreed

http://media.salon.com/2014/04/Screen-Shot-2014-04-10-at-4.28.41-PM-e1397163694899.png[IMG]

[url]http://www.truthrevolt.org/commentary/stephen-colberts-vile-political-blackface[/url][/QUOTE]

When I saw the headline and the photo I was thinking "What episode was this?", then I read what was going on and just put my head down.

The question is, will there still be bath water to drink in the future, or will we have moved on to some sort of resource-conserving ion shower?

"Girl, I'd recollect your electrons doe"

Top Bottom