• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Around the time the Jeremy Clarkson thread popped up. I requested my tag be changed to 'Playful Racist' ...Bish had other plans.
where's my goddamn PM

the fact that I even have to ask reeks of fuckery.

edit: 30 minutes to install this HD texture pack on Splinter Cell Blacklist 360? Esco come get your people

Tracy Mcgrady is a pitcher for the Sugar Land Skeeters...

Why can't this man ever get a W? Just once that's all I ask.

He can never keep both eyes on the prize.

She may have hit my man with a Brock-tier curve, but the amount of projection and hurt in that paragraph is amazing.

And her story is that dude was all up in her DM with wack shit that she didn't respond to. She finally had enough, I guess.

hahahahahahhaha

Little story time. So this dude I know has been married twice and he is only 27. He's just a really horrible dude to women. A few weeks ago he announced that he was engaged to his new girlfriend. Jokingly I said is it because she is pregos? He got really pissed off and hasn't talked to me sense. Ends up she is 3 months (they've been going out for 6 months). He starts talking about it being a miracle.

and here is the swerve...

His first ex-wife and I are friends. She's texting me laughing her ass off because she divorced him because 1) he's POS to women and 2) They couldn't have children. Except it wasn't because of her. It was because of him. So yeah "miracle"

Silky

Banned
hahahahahahhaha

Little story time. So this dude I know has been married twice and he is only 27. He's just a really horrible dude to women. A few weeks ago he announced that he was engaged to his new girlfriend. Jokingly I said is it because she is pregos? He got really pissed off and hasn't talked to me sense. Ends up she is 3 months (they've been going out for 6 months). He starts talking about it being a miracle.

His first ex-wife and I are friends. She's texting me laughing her ass off because she divorced him because 1) he's POS to women and 2) They couldn't have children. Except it wasn't because of her. It was because of him. So yeah "miracle"

dat baby aint his

DominoKid

hahahahahahhaha

aw damn. denial is a motherfucker.

His second wife is now in the group chat. Doctor told them he couldn't because of his abuse of PED's. Dude's been using since he was 16.

and this can't just be his ex's talking shit. They both have kids now.

hahahahahahhaha

NpsMy_zps351a33d7.gif

His second wife is now in the group chat. Doctor told them he couldn't because of his abuse of PED's. Dude's been using since he was 16.
and this can't just be his ex's talking shit. They both have kids now.
pointing-and-laughing.gif

hahahahahahhaha

Baby ain't his but that's nothing to laugh at.

That's a violent episode waiting to happen.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
hahahahahahhaha

Damn. I laughed tho.

I had a Kayne West joke here but my dumb self can't remember it.

man i was going to give up on Once Upon a Time b/c I only started to like it early in the season then hate it by the end but now I might actually watch next season
so see how they shoehorn Frozen into the story

PlayDat

I'm gonna come on out and say it:

Online, more often than not, I take white people's opinions on hiphop with a grain of salt.

Really? The deeper I get into the genre, the more I notice that my favorite artists tend to have mostly white fans. Since I get most of my music recommendations from the internet rather than real life friends I end up getting exposed to more rappers popular among white people. It's why I'm able to fuck with sites like Pitchfork for the most part. I do disagree occasionally but their reviews are generally on point.

I'm realizing more and more that my taste in rap, and a bunch of other shit too really has been shaped by white guys. Not sure how to feel about that.

Infinite

Really? The deeper I get into the genre, the more I notice that my favorite artists tend to have mostly white fans. Since I get most of my music recommendations from the internet rather than real life friends I end up getting exposed to more rappers popular among white people. It's why I'm able to fuck with sites like Pitchfork for the most part. I do disagree occasionally but their reviews are generally on point.

I'm realizing more and more that my taste in rap, and a bunch of other shit too really has been shaped by white guys. Not sure how to feel about that.

Pitchfork? Pretty much moves in trends when it comes to hip hop tbh.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Whatever you like, you like. Pitchfork just feels as far from genuine to me, but that's just my personal feelings and tastes being reflected. When I read a glowing Pitchfork review I can't help but equate it to people in an art gallery gushing over a painting that is just smeared shit on a canvas. Which is probably unfair, but...yknow.

BHZ Mayor

Okay, seriously, it's been almost three weeks, and I still can't find a post that says "yeah that's probably the reason." Does anyone know why Angelus is banned and how long he's got?

Kreed

I'm gonna come on out and say it:

Online, more often than not, I take white people's opinions on hiphop with a grain of salt.

I'll admit, it usually takes a bit longer for me to take a white hip hop fan's opinion as seriously as a black hip hop fan (Rosenberg of Hot 97 for example) since most black people in the US grow up with hip hop being played in their homes more often than white people (although I realize this is changing as time goes on). But once I know they are real fans and not just casual listeners who think Macklemore is the only rapper with something to day, then everything evens out.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Whatever you like, you like. Pitchfork just feels as far from genuine to me, but that's just my personal feelings and tastes being reflected. When I read a glowing Pitchfork review I can't help but equate it to people in an art gallery gushing over a painting that is just smeared shit on a canvas. Which is probably unfair, but...yknow.
I use it and look for interesting shit I haven't heard of, then listen and decide for myself. Same thing with gaming reviews, replace listen with play. They are on point with reviews sometimes (good kid mAAd city got 9.5 best new music) but at the end of the day, a number is just a number. Gotta experience it for myself.

Pitchfork? Pretty much moves in trends when it comes to hip hop tbh.

Yep.

But mainly I'm talking about people who've barely gotten their toes moist (not even wet) in the genre, touting an album like its a masterpiece when in reality, its like the 3rd hiphop album they've EVER heard.

Everybody has to start somewhere, but don't tell me Yeezus is one of the best hiphop albums ever created when the only ones you heard before this were Graduation and Twisted Fantasy.

It might even be elitism but fuck it.

Infinite

Well it's not that simple for a site like pitchfork. Like I said they move in trends concerning genres out of their original niche; shit that appeals to the hipsters that reads the site.

J10

Banned

I don't like Pitchfork reviews. They tend to come off as bad self-indulgent writing by some first year writing major. Too much emphasis on the writers own shitty style and not enough getting to the point about the music itself. A lot of times they come off like the writers have too little knowledge of music history. Masturbatory hipster bullshit basically. Haven't read them in years though, so maybe that's changed.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yep.

But mainly I'm talking about people who've barely gotten their toes moist (not even wet) in the genre, touting an album like its a masterpiece when in reality, its like the 3rd hiphop album they've EVER heard.

Everybody has to start somewhere, but don't tell me Yeezus is one of the best hiphop albums ever created when the only ones you heard before this were Graduation and Twisted Fantasy.

It might even be elitism but fuck it.

Yeah. I'm thinking back to the 2nd or 3rd hip hop album I ever heard and I'll wager I loved the shit out of it. Fear of a Black Planet was one of my firsts, and Cube's Death Certificate.

Well it's not that simple for a site like pitchfork. Like I said they move in trends concerning genres out of their original niche; shit that appeals to the hipsters that reads the site.

It feels like most of the reviews there are writing for the readers and not what they actually feel - trying to fit in as best they can. Which is definitely what you're saying. I get nothing out of that - I see someone say "this track is a bombastic tour-de-force" and I listen to it and go "well, that wasn't shit" and I can't relate.

Infinite

I don't like Pitchfork reviews. They tend to come off as bad self-indulgent writing by some first year writing major. Too much emphasis on the writers own shitty style and not enough getting to the point about the music itself. A lot of times they come off like the writers have too little knowledge of music history. Masturbatory hipster bullshit basically. Haven't read them in years though, so maybe that's changed.

It's changed for the better but yeah there's a ways to go

Village

I take it your are not a fan of jackon pollock

Top Bottom