• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I ever even heard of this game. Still worth tracking down? Looks as legit as any 16-bit fighter. The Wii revival any good?

And on the subject, I'm still looking for a good SNES/SFC stick after realizing most of my SNES collection is basically arcade games.

Its pretty damn fun. Donnie ans wingnut are broken as fuck though.

iWBcrxrRHgdN0.gif

Parallax

nahhh can't pull the age shit on me, I had Tournament Fighters on Genesis and loved the shit out of it. (never played the SNES version)

you missed out. i dipped on both simply because of how shit the genesis version was. i never did that before

Silky

Banned
I was really young/late on the Genesis/SNES boom (started gaming in '98). I had a SNES, Genesis and PS1 around that time in my house. the multiplatform difference thing was lost on me. I could only tell the difference between a game if it was either between console/Arcade or SNES/Genesis and PS1.

Like, going from Alpha 2 SNES to Alpha 2 PS1 was a huuuuuuge difference for me back then

Parallax

I was really young/late on the Genesis/SNES boom (started gaming in '98). I had a SNES, Genesis and PS1 around that time in my house. the multiplatform difference thing was lost on me. I could only tell the difference between a game if it was either between console/Arcade or SNES/Genesis and PS1.

Like, going from Alpha 2 SNES to Alpha 2 PS1 was a huuuuuuge difference for me back then

because the music in snes alpha was the hottest of garbage

J10

Banned
Today I learned Alpha 2 was playable on the SNES. I had already moved on the the Saturn and Playstation by that point.

Today I learned Alpha 2 was playable on the SNES. I had already moved on the the Saturn and Playstation by that point.

"playable" is about the gist of it, the port is trash compared to the Saturn/PSX versions. screen ratio small, slowdown, hitches like crazy, missing animation frames, etc

but better than Alpha for GBC!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Still waiting to hit that magic number 10.

1. Super Mario 3D World
2. Pikmin 3
3. Wonderful 101
4. NSMBU
5. DKC: Tropical Freeze
6. Mario Kart 8
7. Smash Bros (pending)
8. X (pending)
9. ???
10. ???

Onemic

W101 is an L tho

"playable" is about the gist of it, the port is trash compared to the Saturn/PSX versions. screen ratio small, slowdown, hitches like crazy, missing animation frames, etc

but better than Alpha for GBC!

Trash compared to the PSX version which is also trash? must be god tier trash then.

royalan

Still waiting to hit that magic number 10.

1. Super Mario 3D World
2. Pikmin 3
3. Wonderful 101
4. NSMBU
5. DKC: Tropical Freeze
6. Mario Kart 8
7. Smash Bros (pending)
8. X (pending)
9. A good mainline Zelda game
10. ???

These games.

Plus a $69.99 price drop.

And I'd buy a Wii U.

A $349.99 price drop.

Fixed for me. There's literally nothing there for me except maybe X. And the Tablet controller/Online is running L.

There's 2 episodes left for the Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us. Once these two finish, the PS3 is being retired. So I'm thinking about an X1, but the only problem is the only game that has my interest is Sunset Overdrive and Gears down the road. Titanfall is on PC, all multiplats run worse, don't care about Skype nor input because I have better devices there already.

The main problem is that the PS4 is a clear winner over the other two, so while I'd like another system, thing needs games. I don't need media functionality anymore because of the Oppo.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Fixed for me. There's literally nothing there for me except maybe X. And the Tablet controller/Online is running L.

There's 2 episodes left for the Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us. Once these two finish, the PS3 is being retired. So I'm thinking about an X1, but the only problem is the only game that has my interest is Sunset Overdrive and Gears down the road. Titanfall is on PC, all multiplats run worse, don't care about Skype nor input because I have better devices there already.

The main problem is that the PS4 is a clear winner over the other two, so while I'd like another system, thing needs games. I don't need media functionality anymore because of the Oppo.

I'm waiting for that Forza Horizon 2 announcement. First game alone justified my 360.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

See, this is my problem. My criteria for whether I'm going to buy a console is: "Does it have games I want that I can't get on PC".

WiiU is still winning that one by a mile because of Nintendo's output. Vast majority of multiplats come to PC nowadays, so the fact that WiiU is weak as fuck in that area really doesn't matter to me.

I can respect that, I have a gaming laptop, so that sees some action, but it's simpler for me, most of my friends have a console, and it has the best bang for the buck.

The WiiU doesn't even enter the ring.

RedSwirl

See, this is my problem. My criteria for whether I'm going to buy a console is: "Does it have games I want that I can't get on PC".

WiiU is still winning that one by a mile because of Nintendo's output. Vast majority of multiplats come to PC nowadays, so the fact that WiiU is weak as fuck in that area really doesn't matter to me.

Same, but I guess that only matters if you're actually willing to shell out $1000 - $1500 for a good PC.

But even on this PC, I haven't bought a single "next-gen" game yet. My first must-buy next-gen game is Witcher 3 in 2015.

breh that list u put out tho.

They drop a new metroid or a new IP (preferably a rpg) and it's a wrap.

And as far as the other two consoles go I got a ps4 because they have more of the IP I like compared to MSFT plus my wife and I have gaming laptop and I share a gaming PC with my son where I can get my steam on.

Silky

Banned
Thank you for reminding me on what to pick up when I go to gamestop tomorrow, Dragonzord. Haven't played Forza Horizon at all.

Shit when was the last time I devoted time to actually beating a 360 game, let alone buying one. I got a big ass catalog of games I downloaded on the damn thing and I really should consider beating some stuff.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah ill move when the games I play move. Until then I'm good with pc and ps3 combo

All I've been playing is multiplayer shit lately anyways. Pc is moba machine and ps3 is TGS machine

lol, I was waiting on that gif to make it over to BCT

I just started filling out a ballot for California primary elections. Man, there's some characters on here

AKINYEMI AGBEDE was born 5th of May, 1964 in Lagos Nigeria (West Africa) to the families of Mr. & Mrs. Israel Dada Agbede. He attended Baptist Academy Obanikoro, Lagos Nigeria for his Higher School Certificate and came out with distinction, Studied Mathematics at the University of Lagos, Lagos Nigeria. He also attended the Prestigious Redeemed Christian Bible College, Lagos Nigeria and came out also with distinction.

This Super Genius man came to the United States of America in the year 2001 when he won the United States of America Permanent Resident Lottery. However, since being in the United States of America he has tremendously used his Super Genius brain to the benefits of the American Students by instilling in them skills, confidence and competence in solving ANY Mathematical problems.

Nigeria stand up

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Thank you for reminding me on what to pick up when I go to gamestop tomorrow, Dragonzord. Haven't played Forza Horizon at all.

Shit when was the last time I devoted time to actually beating a 360 game, let alone buying one. I got a big ass catalog of games I downloaded on the damn thing and I really should consider beating some stuff.

Only real bummer is you missed out on it when it first launched and we had the Gaf club going where you can compete for race times with other people in the club without having to link up. It was pretty clever. Basically it would track you at a light and record how long it takes you to get from that light to another without having to hit a button then show you where other people in your club were on time for that particular tract of land.

Top Bottom