• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Slayven

watch that ninja slay devo

tumblr_mm3jhw3p5o1rg6wsgo1_1280.jpg

slay be like fuck this set

He looked like he found jesus.

Furyous

tumblr_mm3jhw3p5o1rg6wsgo1_1280.jpg

I saw this on IG from the original poster. I forgot who she was. They do that shit on purpose. Now I'm not saying we have to right to eyefuck. However, don't show up to the gym in a thong and expect people not to look.

Did y'all read Rich's take on DJack?

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
You know how you'll see a thread or a news article and you'll be like "Please don't be..."? Well this thread had me like "Please be..."

I swear that dude that said something about aa is only playing it off. dat ______ wasn't joking.

anyway heads up

newegg got that malwarebytes lifetime for $15. might wanna get on that if you haven't already.

Infinite

I like the dudes in that thread insinuating that he made a bad decision in applying to all of those schools be cause the application fees or whatever.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I like the dudes in that thread insinuating that he made a bad decision in applying to all of those schools be cause the application fees or whatever.

Anyone can do it! They just don't because it's pointless!! If you can get into one you can get into all of them!

- community college student

BHZ Mayor

Serious or not joke was no where near funny or clever. Sorry.

Well, maybe, I'm not really arguing whether or not it was funny. Just saying no need to call for his head, even though I can understand, especially going further into the thread.

Edit: Too late anyway.

A stealth bomber was heading to the warner robin airforce base, an me and some coworkers got hype like little kids seeing it. I always thought they werent in use any more

Richard Sherman giving it to people raw:
This offseason they re-signed a player who was caught on video screaming, “I will fight every n—– here.” He was representing the Philadelphia Eagles when he said it, because, of course, everything we do is reflective of the organization. But what did they do to Riley Cooper, who, if he’s not a racist, at least has “ties” to racist activity? They fined him and sent him to counseling. No suspension necessary for Cooper and no punishment from the NFL, despite its new interest in policing our use of the N-word on the field. Riley instead got a few days off from training camp and a nice contract in the offseason, too.
http://mmqb.si.com/2014/04/02/richard-sherman-desean-jackson/

The Colbert controversy is upsetting. Mostly because it seems to be treated like a binary thing, it's either right or wrong. It seems so gray to me.

I don't think many people would disagree that asians are seen as a "safe" target for stereotypes and mocking. So yea, I get why some asian people would be upset at Colbert's character. I thought it was a bit of a cop out for Colbert to reference other racially charged things he has done in the past to imply that it's clearly satire. I think the difference being he never caricatured any other race and probably for good reason.

I'm in no way saying that Colbert is completely wrong in what he was doing, but I get why some people would take this opportunity to express how fed up they are with being mocked without much or any repercussions. That's not to say that some 'activists' went about it in an outrageous way. It really sucks that it took attention away from Snyder and allowed him to use his escape rope.

Worst of all, it feels like backwards-ass people are somehow treating this like a victory for assholes. Like they defeated "SJW" in this battle and really took it to the overly sensitive punk-ass minorities trying to play the race card.

The Colbert controversy is upsetting. Mostly because it seems to be treated like a binary thing, it's either right or wrong. It seems so gray to me.

I don't think many people would disagree that asians are seen as a "safe" target for stereotypes and mocking. So yea, I get why some asian people would be upset at Colbert's character. I thought it was a bit of a cop out for Colbert to reference other racially charged things he has done in the past to imply that it's clearly satire. I think the difference being he never caricatured any other race and probably for good reason.

I'm in no way saying that Colbert is completely wrong in what he was doing, but I get why some people would take this opportunity to express how fed up they are with being mocked without much or any repercussions. That's not to say that some 'activists' went about it in an outrageous way. It really sucks that it took attention away from Snyder and allowed him to use his escape rope.

Worst of all, it feels like backwards-ass people are somehow treating this like a victory for assholes. Like they defeated "SJW" in this battle and really took it to the overly sensitive punk-ass minorities trying to play the race card.

Yeah, I think it happens any time a minority "missteps," for lack of a better word. It's clear Suey Park gives no fucks about being civil or even rational right now, and that she's not thinking about Native Americans right now either, but the dismissive attitude is extending to those with civil and thought-out ideas about the situation as well. We all know there are those that lie in wait to discredit efforts to make things better for anyone, and they are definitely having a field day. And if you look at the thread, even after two Mumei bomb drops people are just talking over each other, more concerned about the usefulness of satire than about racism against Asians or Native Americans.

Kreed

I mentioned this earlier in the week, but the outrage over Colbert wasn't because of his bit, it's because of a tweet from the show's twitter account that was clearly fucked up without any context.

The confusion over what people got upset over seems to be creating a completely different issue that didn't exist/wouldn't have existed if this tweet hadn't gone out (it doesn't help that the GAF topic OP completely misses the tweet being the original issue). Not trying to take away from your comments because what you're saying is very true, but the real issue should be kept in mind before defending/attacking a skit that never would have been under attack if it wasn't for the original tweet.

Slayven

The lady at the centered of the Colbert shitstorm from what they found about her makes her seem like a Gaf Gaming poster

Infinite

Yeah, I think it happens any time a minority "missteps," for lack of a better word. It's clear Suey Park gives no fucks about being civil or even rational right now, and that she's not thinking about Native Americans right now either, but the dismissive attitude is extending to those with civil and thought-out ideas about the situation as well. We all know there are those that lie in wait to discredit efforts to make things better for anyone, and they are definitely having a field day. And if you look at the thread, even after two Mumei bomb drops people are just talking over each other, more concerned about the usefulness of satire than about racism against Asians or Native Americans.

Yeah. I'm apart of that problem I admit but I mainly trying to get the point across that A) There's a better and more clever way to enlighten the issue rather than using a group of people who are already stereotyped in mainstream media and B) The purpose of Colbert's joke was to entertain his very own audience on his platform not to enlighten anyone on the issue with the redskins name so to parade around as something more than that is a bit pretentious.

The biggest problem to me is the focus on it at all and once again ignoring the plight of NA peoples and stereotypes.

That's my problem. The media made it about that chick instead of pointing out that Dan Snyder is a POS that won't change the racist name because he makes money off of it.

Slayven

Had to change avatar too many of JC's freaky folks are PMing me. I don't what kind of shit you got going on in PMs JC. But I don't want to be caught up when feds come knocking.

It's the misdirection, that's how they keep everybody fighting.

On a lighter note, I'm doing farewell to Washington karaoke Friday-what should I sing?

Slay with the timely avatar change lol

In good news my school finally got out my degree to my folks, apparently it looks pretty. Glad they got it and not me. They knew I wasn't lying and all but I was like "yeah I graduated", now they have the physical paper as proof.

Trey

Good shit, Devo.

That's my problem. The media made it about that chick instead of pointing out that Dan Snyder is a POS that won't change the racist name because he makes money off of it.

Media always goes for the angle that produces a bigger "story." They had their Snyder-Redskins popoff last year.

I mentioned this earlier in the week, but the outrage over Colbert wasn't because of his bit, it's because of a tweet from the show's twiptter account that was clearly fucked up without any context.

The confusion over what people got upset over seems to be creating a completely different issue that didn't exist/wouldn't have existed if this tweet hadn't gone out (it doesn't help that the GAF topic OP completely misses the tweet being the original issue). Not trying to take away from your comments because what you're saying is very true, but the real issue should be kept in mind before defending/attacking a skit that never would have been under attack if it wasn't for the original tweet.

Without the tweet it wouldn't be as big deal for sure, but I can still understand someone being rubbed the wrong way by the bit and the one back in 05 even in context.

Top Bottom