• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

akira28

She was converted into a Cyborg in a story that hit the shelves in 1990. Leave the Wayback machine alone

ok I can deal with the cyborg eye. but couldn't they at least let her get a weave, tho?
FqJUjrf.jpg

He went out of his way to overlook the very first result when you Google "Nebula Guardians of the Galaxy" or "Nebula Marvel." LOL Harping on some afterthought accent in a cartoon.

Let us know what you think of the character treatment after you've actually seen the movie.

don't act like Marvel publishing is against bending the fabric of reality to match their movie universe. I take a stand against that.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Jado, I'm sitting on the fence until I find out more about the villain. It's easy to see why someone would feel a certain way though: people said the same thing about Silence Of The Lambs.

Really, mainstream movies aren't that much more progressive than games. They have the same major audience.

People bring up Skyfall's villain, but that only really worked, due to Bond being the ultimate male power fantasy. He was basically a sly "fuck you" to the bigots, considering that the perception of Bond, is that he is straight as hell (for whatever reason): nevermind the fact that this dude was willing to fuck anyone to get the job done. lol

Slayven

ok I can deal with the cyborg eye. but couldn't they at least let her get a weave, tho?
FqJUjrf.jpg

don't act like Marvel publishing is against bending the fabric of reality to match their movie universe. I take a stand against that.

there is not a Sally's Beauty Suppy or a Dark and Lovely outlet in space.

J10

Banned

You know how fucked the continuity of the books themselves are. That's why you sound silly right now. Everything comic booky is constantly in flux in every format. You're fixated on largely superficial bullshit. When the essence of the character is right it doesn't matter how tall they are or what accent they speak with.

akira28

You know how fucked the continuity of the books themselves are. That's why you sound silly right now. Everything comic booky is constantly in flux in every format. You're fixated on largely superficial bullshit. When the essence of the character is right it doesn't matter how tall they are or what accent they speak with.

agree to disagree. making superman a moody psuedo-aspergers jerk in blue long johns because that's 'what the kids like' doesn't work, just as long as you get the red cape right. Making rocket a self-loathing, hard drinking sadist instead of a sarcastic, sardonic 'funny animal' character because times change isn't keeping the essence right as long as he's still a talking raccoon with a gun.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Games journalism: plaid shirts, polos or t-shirts with logos or messages on them.

For a long time I actually had several classes a couple doors down from the IGN Building, so I'd actually visit some of the same places to eat as them. I'd always be like "where'd all these plaid shirt nerdy lookin' dudes come from." Then I learned.

They actually had a building? I figured it was all run out of an abandoned Albertsons.

Slayven

2014 and niggas still fronting on Aquaman for no reason other than "well, he's supposed to be a joke so haha?"

Not a good look people.

I am hating on him for leading one off hte lamest incarnations of the league, getting his people sent back in time and enslaved, and Is ure there is other shit.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I am hating on him for leading one off hte lamest incarnations of the league, getting his people sent back in time and enslaved, and Is ure there is other shit.

he didnt lead the cry fot justice team

"Update: An earlier headline for this post stated that Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is coming to PS Vita, which was incorrect. Type-0 is coming to PS4 in North America and Europe."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

absolutely fucking brutal. damn.

They really like to assign everything that happens on a system to one person, then either want their head or their dick depending on what happens to said system.

Gorillaz

I'm interested in people like you that has alot of experience with halo an bungie in general because at this point yall can see through the method of their madness on some things. The MP had me nervous then and I'm a little disappointed they are gong for the rich get richer style of MP. If it is as seamless as you say tho then I'm hype

Remember when Gaf thought Vita TV would be a thing?

I fear the worst after this E3.
yea it's basically over

Order

"Update: An earlier headline for this post stated that Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is coming to PS Vita, which was incorrect. Type-0 is coming to PS4 in North America and Europe."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Honestly, the way people were going in that thread saying how angry they are that it's coming out for other systems make me think this was some crazy ass karma.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
wii u as a console is struggle, but damn if they aint trying.

vita dead in dat water.

Wii U owners have the fact that it's a major part of Nintendo's lineup, and that Nintendo has to put SOMETHING out for it. Sony can, and seemingly is, sweeping Vita under the rug because it has shitty numbers.

FyreWulff

I'm interested in people like you that has alot of experience with halo an bungie in general because at this point yall can see through the method of their madness on some things. The MP had me nervous then and I'm a little disappointed they are gong for the rich get richer style of MP. If it is as seamless as you say tho then I'm hype

yea it's basically over

I was talking with one of the designers, he said he also felt the power weapons were too easy to supply, so here's hoping that's toned down.

Wii U owners have the fact that it's a major part of Nintendo's lineup, and that Nintendo has to put SOMETHING out for it. Sony can, and seemingly is, sweeping Vita under the rug because it has shitty numbers.

100% agreed. I'm fairly excited for my Wii U this year and next as am I with my ps4, but the fact that vita tv has been re-branded as playstation tv should be the writing on the wall imo.

He's the guy in charge of bringing over and working with publishers to get their games on Sony consoles/translated. He was also the guy who said that a Vita version was coming.
Oh. Well damn dude.

But I can't imagine being genuinely mad about this considering it wouldn't be out anytime soon even if it was on Vita. Besides, the PSP fan translation is done so you can still have it on the go
for free even

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom