• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not mutually exclusive

Two years ago I worked at toys r us for the christmas season

Had a few adults come in to buy skylanders that were pretty open about buying them for themselves. A few couples even

They're essentially paid add-ons that also function as toys/figures. I guess I just don't get how anyone who wouldn't put in some playing time with the physical toys can see that as something to spend money on..but I never understood the figurine crowd. Paying decent money to have miniature statues just screams fedora to me.

Z0kqP.png
@ The Devil's Third looking like bootybuttcheeks.

They're essentially paid add-ons that also function as toys/figures. I guess I just don't get how anyone who wouldn't put in some playing time with the physical toys can see that as something to spend money on..but I never understood the figurine crowd. Paying decent money to have miniature statues just screams fedora to me.
+1

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

That's always my thing. I think the CheapAssGamer was talking about this 'amazing technology,' with the Skylanders. and it's like, you guys know that it's fucking in the game, right? That those overpriced toys are just a key? It's still nickel and diming you, but now it's quarter and dollaring you instead.

jWILL253

Banned
I can't believe how far Square Enix goes out of their way to be shitty.

They ain't even got a proper English translation out. And not only do they want to do one two days after the fan translation comes out, but they make it a remaster for consoles? So, in addition to remastering audio and accurately translating, they might have to create all new textures and shit?

I really want to know who the fuck is calling all the shots at these companies...

BHZ Mayor

Watching Hunter X Hunter, and when Angelus was talking about Hisoka's literal hard-on for Gon, he wasn't kidding. The shit even got one of those special move backgrounds like it was Marvel or something.

Do Better

Where you're from- North Florida/South Georgia
Where you live- Atlanta metropolitan area
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- African American
Do you know your roots- Only to great grandparents
Your Age- 31
Favorite musical genre- Rap
Your profession/major/career interest- Laboratory Technician
Your religious affiliation- Christian
Hobbies- Gaming, Music, Reading

I'll take KFC grilled over Popeyes and Church's. If it has to be fried, I'll take Popeyes.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Watching Game of Thrones while reading thecoli thread is the most amazing experience I've ever had on the internet

#wolfgang
#starkset

Where you're from- North Florida/South Georgia
Where you live- Atlanta metropolitan area
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- African American
Do you know your roots- Only to great grandparents
Your Age- 31
Favorite musical genre- Rap
Your profession/major/career interest- Laboratory Technician
Your religious affiliation- Christian
Hobbies- Gaming, Music, Reading

I'll take KFC grilled over Popeyes and Church's. If it has to be fried, I'll take Popeyes.

Is it true coolbreeze is selling tires off old national? How do u feel about the outkast reunion?

Your taste in chicken is atrocious.

Welcome brother.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So if E3 is a thing you can win, I think Nintendo did it.

The Direct was really good, then they did a Treehouse stream with substantial and detailed gameplay demos for a bunch of games all day, then they had that hype Smash Bros tournament at the end.

Damned well-handled. Can't believe people were ever worried about them not having a "real" conference.

Fuck that cheap-ass, scarf-wearing....

lol

I think the Nintendo Directs are awesome. Zero chance for fuck ups, give the presentation a nice layer of production and you don't have to deal with the crowd being lukewarm or not involved.

At some point everyone will catch on and just do their own videos and just use E3 to demo games to the press. Probably for the best anyway.

I think the Nintendo Directs are awesome. Zero chance for fuck ups, give the presentation a nice layer of production and you don't have to deal with the crowd being lukewarm or not involved.

At some point everyone will catch on and just do their own videos and just use E3 to demo games to the press. Probably for the best anyway.

I think I'd prefer that. If everyone sort of did quarterly Directs and just announced games as they were ready to be announced. Leaks wouldn't be as big of a deal and we'd get less games announced way too soon so that a company can try to "win" a big event.

Trey

Said this yesterday. Really the best move possible. Conferences are so bloated - I don't need to see guys talk four hours in their jacket with the shirt unbottoned at the collar, using their "presentation" voice. I don't need the camera to pan to a dude standing with a controller in his hands during scripted gameplay presentations. Just show you piece and keep it moving.

Do Better

Is it true coolbreeze is selling tires off old national? How do u feel about the outkast reunion?

Your taste in chicken is atrocious.

Welcome brother.

Even if it's true, I can't clown on the guy who allegedly created the phrase "dirty south",

I don't want to jinx it before the album comes out.

perhaps

thanks

harSon

Banned
I was this close to buying a Wii U today.

I stopped at Target to purchase my nephews graduation gift tomorrow, and was 100% committed to buying a Wii U for myself, but they were sold out. Having left the store, I've convinced myself to not jump in quite yet.

Silky

Banned
Devil's Third is lacking in the visuals department but that IGN preview was just ass. Guy didn't know what he was doing and they fucked up the trailer airing twice. The Gamespot preview was much better.

It's unpolished, but it looks fun. I'll definitely pick it up for Wii-U if I ever get one. (which is looking likely considering I'm about to retire this PS3 if I can find a good trade in deal/offer.

KumaJG

Once I get stuff together, I am going to hop on that Vital first then a PS4 or build another gaming PC since I broke my old one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom