• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

As a Roman Catholic can I just say that the SC decision today just royally pissed me off! Maybe one day I'll understand where in the Bible being an asshole who gets to negatively interfere in the lives of other people is condoned :/

Kraftwerk

Googled "Natural Hair Music" and it seems there is a list of the ten best Natural Hair songs;

1- “Put Your Records On” by Corrine Bailey Rae

2-“Luxury: Cococure” by Maxwell

3- “Video” by India.Arie

4- “Golden” by Jill Scott

5- “Beauty Within” by dead prez

6- “You Gotta Be” by Des’Ree

7- “Black Stacey” by Saul Williams

8- “Afro Puffs” by the Lady of Rage

9- “Afro (Freestyle Skit)” by Erykah Badu

10- “Don’t Upset the Rhythm” by The Noisettes

Sauce

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
As a Roman Catholic can I just say that the SC decision today just royally pissed me off! Maybe one day I'll understand where in the Bible being an asshole who gets to negatively interfere in the lives of other people is condoned :/

Women are better off trying to be born as corporations instead of women.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
how the fuck this dude catching sophomore year high school feels at 40 what in the fuck

I would understand if you're like low 20s still trying to find yourself and shit, but this cat is 40 and is just now coming to terms with being black.

i haven't laughed that hard at a thread in a very long time.

It went from good to GREAT for me when the bit about walking out on his two kids came up because being a dad is "hard" and the thread starts laying into him and telling him to take care of his kids like he's DY_Nasty 2.0.

DY_nasty

yo for real

you motherfuckers made me post a whole 10 part lifetime/BET mini-series collab to defend myself while this dude was casual about letting his kids end up like JC

DY_nasty

???? Reference to...

devo, a-m, and some of the other guys i talk to outside of GAF knew about me and this single mom I was dating spilled onto BCT

there's links somewhere or something. i think moris logged it

akira28

It went from good to GREAT for me when the bit about walking out on his two kids came up because being a dad is "hard" and the thread starts laying into him and telling him to take care of his kids like he's DY_Nasty 2.0.

Confirmed Dy_nastic tendencies. He admits to what DY gets accused of every page.

That thread title switch up though. I clicked expecting one thing, got something else, expected relief, and was still disappointed.

Confirmed Dy_nastic tendencies. He admits to what DY gets accused of every page.

That thread title switch up though. I clicked expecting one thing, got something else, expected relief, and was still disappointed.

Yep. clicked it expecting some sad sack bullshit, read a bit, "oh, got trolled, haha", read some more..oh NO...this IS sad sack bullshit.

and it just went downhill from there and never stopped.

Why do black girls who wear they hair natural all have nose rings and listen to "natural hair" music?

I wear locks (or dreads or dreadlocks). I don't have a nose ring. I like India Arie and other neosoul singers, but I'm more likely caught listening to Depeche Mode or David Bowie (though with the son around, it's more likely to be Yo Gabba Gabba).

But I see what you're talking about. Isn't there "natural hair" hip hop? Something younger than De La Soul?

J10 why you posting the cover of an Animorphs book?

I'm pretty sure that girl is about to turn into a giraffe or tree sloth.

deceased_stamp.png

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

real monsters

Infinite

I wear locks (or dreads or dreadlocks). I don't have a nose ring. I like India Arie and other neosoul singers, but I'm more likely caught listening to Depeche Mode or David Bowie (though with the son around, it's more likely to be Yo Gabba Gabba).

But I see what you're talking about. Isn't there "natural hair" hip hop? Something younger than De La Soul?

I would say Slum Village, Common, Blu, Mos Def, Ab Sol, Isiah Rashad, and Saul Williams off the top of my dome would probably fit the "natural hair hip-hop" vibe.

royalan

Ugh.

Now people are accusing Robin Thicke of cultural appropriation? The man who has been making R&B music under the radar since the 90s? For crying out loud the dude wrote for Brandy's debut album.

Seriously, sometimes I fucking hate when Twitter/Tumblr learns a new concept. Robin's got more R&B in his blood than most of the R7B-Pop crossover niggas like Chris Brown and Justin Timberlake.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Those of you that are fans of Giantbomb...how do you feel about their new hires?

My twitter feed has some people moaning about them hiring more white dudes, etc etc

Slayven

Those of you that are fans of Giantbomb...how do you feel about their new hires?

My twitter feed has some people moaning about them hiring more white dudes, etc etc

Other than HHG is there other minority that is really out there in the video game "journalism" streets?

Other than HHG is there other minority that is really out there in the video game "journalism" streets?

eh, hard not to trip over minority gaming fans wherever you look, being perfectly honest. The black nerd is everywhere these days. Not having any is kinda..eh..wtf are you doing

royalan

I used to follow Giant Bomb, but I can't anymore. The Giant Bomb crew are the ones who taught me that there is such a thing as a podcast that's too damn long.

And they're all so fucking miserable. I stopped listening to the podcast because it was 3 hours of talking about anything but games, and they all just seemed like they just hated everything. Just no enthusiasm about anything. And before someone comes for me, I felt this way and abandoned GB before Ryan passed.

J10

Banned

I remember Dan Hsu from EGM a hundred years ago. I think he moved into game development or consultation or something later.

There's also N'Gai Croal. That's all I got.

Slayven

eh, hard not to trip over minority gaming fans wherever you look, being perfectly honest. The black nerd is everywhere these days. Not having any is kinda..eh..wtf are you doing

In front of the camera? Folks get antsy when they see black people talk about their fandom. The black people suddenly become "loud" and "annoying". They even get on Esco and he sounds like Downtown Abbey.

I used to follow Giant Bomb, but I can't anymore. The Giant Bomb crew are the ones who taught me that there is such a thing as a podcast that's too damn long.

And they're all so fucking miserable. I stopped listening to the podcast because it was 3 hours of talking about anything but games, and they all just seemed like they just hated everything. Just no enthusiasm about anything. And before someone comes for me, I felt this way and abandoned GB before Ryan passed.
That's why I don't think I can follow GB close like that, I'm already cynical myself, I can't listen to that kind of talk for a straight 3 hours. Already see that on the gaming side.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
I remember Dan Hsu from EGM a hundred years ago. I think he moved into game development or consultation or something later.

There's also N'Gai Croal. That's all I got.

He's not really a journo anymore per say.

I guess there is Mattie Brice.

Infinite

Well I used to listen to Shidoshi's podcast and that one ran 4 hours for some episodes but I still liked it very much and prefered it at that length. I'm not too familiar with GB's but if they make a 3 hour podcast of them droning on and complaining I can easily see why that would suck

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Ugh.

Now people are accusing Robin Thicke of cultural appropriation? The man who has been making R&B music under the radar since the 90s? For crying out loud the dude wrote for Brandy's debut album.

Seriously, sometimes I fucking hate when Twitter/Tumblr learns a new concept. Robin's got more R&B in his blood than most of the R7B-Pop crossover niggas like Chris Brown and Justin Timberlake.

Yea. People acting like Blurred Lines is his first R&B song are blowing my mind. He's certified when it comes to R&B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom