• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

Why did Spike even attempt the hallway scene if this is what he was going to bring to the table? The transitions were extremely jarring.

In front of the camera? Folks get antsy when they see black people talk about their fandom. The black people suddenly become "loud" and "annoying". They even get on Esco and he sounds like Downtown Abbey.

So you saying Greg Miller is the only true black man in games journalism?

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
No joke I don't trust people that don't like wings.

giphy.gif

Eminem made the same offense. He used to do corny singing pop hooks mockingly to distance himself from pop acts to prove he was pure hip hop. Then he started doing them sincerely. Still is. And they're still corny.
Em singing is better then getting a girl, see MMLP2 where he should have did it, also recovery was far too positive to not sing for some of it

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Never listened to the song all the way to know what it's about. Song is dumb as thee fuck.
It's about macking on women and making them leave their boyfriends for him. He says shit like " I know you want it" lol if that's specifically rapist phrasing then I might need to report myself.

I'm confused as to why people are so sheltered that they think blurred lines is about rape.

I dunno, b.

I just ignore it now.

Ugh.

Now people are accusing Robin Thicke of cultural appropriation? The man who has been making R&B music under the radar since the 90s? For crying out loud the dude wrote for Brandy's debut album.

Seriously, sometimes I fucking hate when Twitter/Tumblr learns a new concept. Robin's got more R&B in his blood than most of the R7B-Pop crossover niggas like Chris Brown and Justin Timberlake.

Word.

Really am. My city has these contest where they give away free screenings to movies.

Houston has this as well me and my friends went over a year not paying for movies and seeing them days to weeks early. Even had a screening of Iron Man 2 interrupted/delayed b/c the interim Mayor wanted in

No joke I don't trust people that don't like wings.

i can't be trusted as i don't like chicken or turkey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom