• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

I haven't unlocked that achievement yet. Though I am referring to anyone under the age of 18 as "baby", as in, "Thank goodness they let those babies have a snow day".

Might be why she's named Willow.
I prefer "chillins"

Surprised the internet is still up...this is the type of heat that shuts everything down
Where do you live?

It's hot as fuck down here
DMX-its-dark-and-hell.jpg

DominoKid

Nick Cannon did everything but say the words … he's playing Richard Pryor in an upcoming biopic.

Cannon was a guest on "TMZ Live" Wednesday, where he said the movie was not yet in production and he didn't want to jinx it.

Cannon said he's been meeting with director Lee Daniels about the project and has been doing all sorts of things to get ready ... like growing out his hair and taking up smoking. Nick even posted a photo on Instagram ... a side-by-side of him and Pryor (see below).

He wouldn't directly say he's got the part ... so we asked him to do a hat trick that would serve as confirmation.

We take that as a yes.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/07/02/nick-cannon-richard-pryor-movie/#ixzz36Rqlj1Mz

0702-nick-cannon-instagram-3.jpg

Man I can't listen to an EP "the black guy who tips" all in one sitting because of Karen. I swear she said lettuce-y. I need to break it up by going back to Harmontown and his impression of Ice T

Slayven

Man I can't listen to an EP "the black guy who tips" all in one sitting because of Karen. I swear she said lettuce-y. I need to break it up by going back to Harmontown and his impression of Ice T

Karen gets country, i can see how some people aren't sue it. But she says the funniest shit because it is genuinely off the cuff.

FyreWulff

So, quick sidenote, was in Walmart last week. Brother wanted to go there to get something for his 3DS, stepdad wanted to grab something too, I'm all sigh okay so we're milling about in electronics and a manager comes out of the back carting a 53" Samsung plasma TV.

"Any of you in the market for a TV?" and I'm like "maybe, why?". Said the TV was 100$.

I had him repeat that. Keep in my my stepdad and mom are still rocking a 27" tube TV I bought them years and years ago (at the same location). Get my stepdad over, buy the damn thing. He just wanted to know if it was actually new (yes) and why:

"They've discontinued these. We need to get rid of them, it's going on the clearance shelves in a moment"

So now they have a big ass TV in their living room. Cut to today, Samsung announces they're shuttering their plasma production line. Retailers must have gotten the early heads up.

Slayven

Virginia.

Been a couple summers where I spend a day inside bored with no internet for a few hours.
That is in the slave heat belt.

My family is country so I got used to Karen quick.
I love when she go on a rant abotu something and rod says "that is not what they meant at all".
So, quick sidenote, was in Walmart last week. Brother wanted to go there to get something for his 3DS, stepdad wanted to grab something too, I'm all sigh okay so we're milling about in electronics and a manager comes out of the back carting a 53" Samsung plasma TV.

"Any of you in the market for a TV?" and I'm like "maybe, why?". Said the TV was 100$.

I had him repeat that. Keep in my my stepdad and mom are still rocking a 27" tube TV I bought them years and years ago (at the same location). Get my stepdad over, buy the damn thing. He just wanted to know if it was actually new (yes) and why:

"They've discontinued these. We need to get rid of them, it's going on the clearance shelves in a moment"

So now they have a big ass TV in their living room. Cut to today, Samsung announces they're shuttering their plasma production line. Retailers must have gotten the early heads up.
Walmart will dump shit with a quickness. Is the tv hooked up with hdmi or components?

FyreWulff

It's got two HDMI ports, component and composite. I nabbed a DVDBRNetflix box but it's wireless wasn't working right so I returned it. So right now the Wii is hooked up to it to sate their Netflix addiction while I look for something better.

It actually does a pretty good job of upscaling the Wii (little to no macroblocking), but definitely will make sure they've got something that actually uses their TV's abilities to the fullest.

Slayven

It's got two HDMI ports, component and composite. I nabbed a DVDBRNetflix box but it's wireless wasn't working right so I returned it. So right now the Wii is hooked up to it to sate their Netflix addiction while I look for something better.

It actually does a pretty good job of upscaling the Wii (little to no macroblocking), but definitely will make sure they've got something that actually uses their TV's abilities to the fullest.

My nephew uses the wii as a netflix box, but he moved on to his own tablet.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I may have just got the luckiest break in three years of being in this base today. Holy shit. I'm not this lucky and I have no idea how to feel.

Because this girl (the same one I keep bringing up as a waste of a uniform) decided to be a complete child again, it kept me at the office long enough to get a call from the unit I'm transferring to. Because of that, I got some names and as I was leaving the office - I bumped into my new chief.

I never would've been there with those names if that girl hadn't been a complete fuck up again. One thing led to another, and this guy lets me in on the fact that there is a seat open in this EXTREMELY hard to get training class that needs a seat to be filled. He never asked me before because he thought I was going to be set on getting out ASAP.

brehs

this class is worth 10k extra a year when negotiating a salary in my field on the civilian side. its also basically demands that my new unit continue my career progression.

this girl being an ungrateful scumbag just shot my career forward 4 years

Slayven

I may have just got the luckiest break in three years of being in this base today. Holy shit. I'm not this lucky and I have no idea how to feel.

Because this girl (the same one I keep bringing up as a waste of a uniform) decided to be a complete child again, it kept me at the office long enough to get a call from the unit I'm transferring to. Because of that, I got some names and as I was leaving the office - I bumped into my new chief.

I never would've been there with those names if that girl hadn't been a complete fuck up again. One thing led to another, and this guy lets me in on the fact that there is a seat open in this EXTREMELY hard to get training class that needs a seat to be filled. He never asked me before because he thought I was going to be set on getting out ASAP.

brehs

this class is worth 10k extra a year when negotiating a salary in my field on the civilian side. its also basically demands that my new unit continue my career progression.

this girl being an ungrateful scumbag just shot my career forward 4 years
You ever thought the girl messing up was her way of getting Senpai to notice her

DY_nasty

You ever thought the girl messing up was her way of getting Senpai to notice her

She did like me at one point. Two of her friends let me know.

I've made her cry like... at least half a dozen times since then lol.

Edit: I'm just beside myself. Her existing at all just pissed off me at times. If it all was for this.... holy shit.

DY_nasty

lol yes

I'm legit shook.

I'm not this lucky of a person. I've absolutely forgotten how to be happy about shit like this. I don't even want to go party. I want to go for a run or workout.

Slayven

Dy going to fucking around and be in the strip club. Watching some chick making her booty clap, he turns around and sees Colin Powell getting a lap dance.

DY_nasty

Dy going to fucking around and be in the strip club. Watching some chick making her booty clap, he turns around and sees Colin Powell getting a lap dance.

man

you know i'm shaken up when i don't even want to go to the strip club lol

DY_nasty

It's a great feeling when this stuff happens, isn't it?

Its never happened to me in my entire life. Even when I got accepted into college, it was more of a "fuck my GPA, I got a 1580/1600 on my SAT, I run a 4.48, and you can eat a dick too btw" type of thing.

The thing is - the girl thinks she 'won' by going over my head, waiting an hour for the boss, then saying how much of a jerk I was. I won't be able to do anything but smile when I see her. She'll never know why.

J10

Banned
Just now on my way into my building a light post right next to me was struck by lightning. That was fucking scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom