• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furyous

Anthony of Opie and Anthony got fired over his racist tirade.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelzarre...oes-on-racist-tirade-on-twitter-calls?bffbtop

People are upset over the dangerous precedent they feel this sets. BWAHAHAHAHA!! You can't go on racist tirades as an employee of a publicly traded company and expect no consequences. If this is true, I'm disappointed in NYC. I expected some 80's shit but you new post racial peace flag dudes let this clown slide. GENTRIFICATION WON.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Deliver Us From Evil = CSI NY 2Spooky Edition. Cool for an early morning watch.

I'm glad they fired him. Only a fuckhead could get paid to be racist on the clock and manage to throw away the opportunity.

Kraftwerk

Nope, heard about it a while ago but forgot about it until you mentioned it. Push was corny too, but it was fun too.

Yeah, I couldn't even finish Push.

Anyway, give Under the Skin a try. needs a little patience. I can be very drone-ish. Plus you get to see ScarJo nude half the movie :p

harSon

Banned
Under the Skin was pretentious as fuck. Well, at least those scenes were. If you've seen it, you'll know which ones I'm talking about.

Kraftwerk

Under the Skin was pretentious as fuck. Well, at least those scenes were. If you've seen it, you'll know which ones I'm talking about.

eh, it never hid the fact that it was like that. I loved the hidden-camera style it had, and how they used real people in a lot of the scenes who had no idea wtf was happening.

It was a nice change, form other sci-fi movies that's over the top and in your face.

harSon

Banned
eh, it never hid the fact that it was like that. I loved the hidden-camera style it had, and how they used real people in a lot of the scenes who had no idea wtf was happening.

It was a nice change, form other sci-fi movies that's over the top and in your face.

Did you like Beyond the Black Rainbow?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Can we blow that thread off the face of the earf? Why you do this slay. And that "nigger lips" post just evokes rage in people hence the missed intent.

JohnDoe

Banned
The thing which makes me the most upset about Anthony Cum is how people let shitheads like him go unchecked only until they go full on 18th century racist.
It's also telling how many people who talk exactly like him probably feel the same way deep down.

Gorillaz

I want to retract my previous statement about all NYC current dudes being soft. The non gentrified parts apparently hold it down based on this video:

http://nyc.barstoolsports.com/rando...es-cell-phones-out-of-their-hands-as-a-prank/
These "prank" vids have been going around lately. Saw another one but asking people "if they got a problem" while he held a calculator.

Some of that shit almost comes off like some sort of "day at the zoo shit", trying to get a reaction

akira28

Can we blow that thread off the face of the earf? Why you do this slay. And that "nigger lips" post just evokes rage in people hence the missed intent.

"Because It is his nature." You know the story of the crab and the frog. They got to the middle of the lake and the crab grabs the frog with his claw and drags them both down? Because that n-word refuses to swim? And they both can breath underwater anyway?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Yes. I really liked it. It was recommended to me after watching Under the Skin. Not sure if it was someone here who recommended it, ( I have legit terrible memory )

Was it you? 'gasp'

Beyond The Black Rainbow might be one of my fav horror movies. The style had me drooling.

JohnDoe

Banned
OHNn5hL.jpg

Anthony of Opie and Anthony got fired over his racist tirade.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelzarre...oes-on-racist-tirade-on-twitter-calls?bffbtop

People are upset over the dangerous precedent they feel this sets. BWAHAHAHAHA!! You can't go on racist tirades as an employee of a publicly traded company and expect no consequences. If this is true, I'm disappointed in NYC. I expected some 80's shit but you new post racial peace flag dudes let this clown slide. GENTRIFICATION WON.

Most likely explanation:

He took a creeper pic, woman told him to step the fuck off, maybe pushed him away, but the push was so strong, he convinced himself that she must have summoned the dehumanizing stare powers of 5 black men like Strider to aid her.

Too embarassed to call the police and press charges, his psyche is so damaged that he can only resort to twitter to lash out at anything black.

lordmrw

Why you instigating breakups, lord?

These incidents keep happening over Skype. Not too long ago I was witness to a friend of mine act like a giant dick to his girlfriend because she couldn't find a god damn 99 cent toy he had bought for his cat. For a solid half hour he layed into her and when she actually did find it he tried to act as if everything was cool all of a sudden. She promptly told him to fuck off.

FyreWulff

Was a dumbass and in a rush to buy my luggage, didn't check through it. Cashier found a watch in one of the luggage pieces.

Didn't get in trouble but goddamn, what a shitty feeling. Anxiety is fucking maxed out right now

The thing which makes me the most upset about Anthony Cum is how people let shitheads like him go unchecked only until they go full on 18th century racist.
It's also telling how many people who talk exactly like him probably feel the same way deep down.

If Anthony of Opie and Anthony is such a badass how come he wont say what he called the woman that attacked him?

Furyous

He has the right to say whatever racist stuff he wants.
However, it's people out here that will read him, maim, possibly sodomize him, and or respond negatively to those statements.
Those of us who grew up in hoods across the country may or may not know of some individuals who would love the opportunity to fully express their disdain to Anthony.

In other words, it's not that people won't check him to whatever degree they feel is appropriate but that he won't do this in front of them. The video I posted earlier of dude snatching a phone from dudes, getting jumped and spit on is an example of what would happen if Anthony was really about that troll life to a very small degree.

Dude wasn't even funny he was straight hatred.

Opie and Anthony are both old, out of touch shock jocks. Dinosaurs of an old era. Only time their show was funny was solely because their guest was funny (Patrice, Louie, Burr). Norton can be funny at times, but he's a giant idiot. Even Patrice had his disgusting sexist/homophobic moments.

Kreed

Dude wasn't even funny he was straight hatred.

And what's sad is if he had kept this tirade on his show, no one would have cared since no one listens. Instead he took it to twitter and got what he deserved, for being a jackass and for thinking in 2014 that you can work for an employer and say what ever the hell you want on social media.

Gorillaz

Opie and Anthony are both old, out of touch shock jocks. Dinosaurs of an old era. Only time their show was funny was solely because their guest was funny (Patrice, Louie, Burr). Norton can be funny at times, but he's a giant idiot. Even Patrice had his disgusting sexist/homophobic moments.

They have been on borrowed time or awhile tbh. Dinosaurs of an old era is pretty much how I've seen them for awhile and guest appearances, made them stay relevant

Kraftwerk

Everyone should aspire to be like this man.

Well as a dutch i do not agree with this the slightest. You cannot change it, it's something bittersweet and i grew up with it as a kid. This whole racism thing is just mindboggeling how people are thinking these days and saying it's ok to change it. You simply can't it will never change it's for kids how the hell should they know outside of all this bullcrap what is happening at the moment.

So proud 'single tear'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom