• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still trippin on this nigga saying Roses in 2014 LMAO
KuGsj.gif

across the street from Hardy's, surely

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We have a Piggly Wiggly here in Oklahoma, but it's in one of those outlying little villages that have <2000 people. It's like a time machine going in.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
H.R. with Brooke Shields.
tumblr_mtwnwrlIiW1rop6evo1_500.png

Didn't even know Bad Brains had that kind of mainstream penetration.

We have a Piggly Wiggly here in Oklahoma, but it's in one of those outlying little villages that have <2000 people. It's like a time machine going in.
There's still one in Charlestown by the Church's.

RP912

Banned
The piggly wiggly down in Savannah got turned into a BiLo which is for the better. I really didn't care for piggly wiggly.

Then again I'm forever going to be a Shop Rite/Murrays type of dude.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Y'all must live in some middle of nowhere towns because I've lived in the south my whole life and never saw a piggly wiggly.

It's one of those things where if I drive away from Tulsa for 30 minutes, I don't know where I am and I get looked at like some weird outsider or city slicker. It's pretty nuts how accessible the middle of nowhere is depending on what highway you take. There's some serious backwoods folk out there within 30 mins.

EDIT: Found this about a half hour out of Tulsa:

dxu4TWGl.jpg

That is some OLD SHIT. Went in, saw new things in old-ass equipment. All the store's stuff reminded me of my childhood. They had a badass toy section. Remember those days? :(

RP912

Banned
Remember before Gamestop there was Babbages and Software, etc.

Fuck you hitting me in the feels :(. Babbages was and still is the goat of goat gaming stores.

Hell funcoland was an adventure in itself. You go in there and the shit feels like you walked into the land of chocolate.

J10

Banned
We had Funcoland here too - it was garbage though. They had a book at the counter with a list of their inventory and release dates, but they never had anything I was looking for when I went in to find stuff. That turned into Electronic Boutique, which later merged with Gamestop, then everything was just Gamestop.

RP912

Banned
I remember getting wu tang shaolin style from funcoland and returning it for gran turismo 2. Holy shit that game was hard as hell.

You cats see the trailer for Jolie's first film as direct Unbroken? Is it sad while watching that trailer the very first thing I thought of was the youtube video about "If Black People said the things white people say" and the part where they were like "wow I just watched Titanic and didn't realise how bad you people have it?"

:(

RP912

Banned
When I think of kb toy stores, I think of the struggle display where all the old ass toys go on sale for a dollar. Meanwhile the whole store is expensive as hell.

We had Funcoland here too - it was garbage though. They had a book at the counter with a list of their inventory and release dates, but they never had anything I was looking for when I went in to find stuff. That turned into Electronic Boutique, which later merged with Gamestop, then everything was just Gamestop.

dolaneverythingwasgamestop.jpg

Slayven

When I think of kb toy stores, I think of the struggle display where all the old ass toys go on sale for a dollar. Meanwhile the whole store is expensive as hell.

Last time I saw a KB. the bin in front of the store had like 40 copies of Clayfighters for the n64 in it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yo Suncoast music and video.

Fucking Suncoast. They used to have the VHS Anime section when the only anime available was Fist of the North Star, and it had that little "Not 4 Kids" sticker on it. Also some other old shit, Vampire Hunter D, maybe...I can only think of a couple back then that were actually there, but I still have that VHS at my parents house.

Slayven

Fucking Suncoast. They used to have the VHS Anime section when the only anime available was Fist of the North Star, and it had that little "Not 4 Kids" sticker on it. Also some other old shit, Vampire Hunter D, maybe...I can only think of a couple back then that were actually there, but I still have that VHS at my parents house.

And Sam Goody I remember a UPS strike delayed me buying the second 311 album for like a month. I was so mad.

dat damn weasel ball. the 9 year old me still wants 1 and the 35 year old me is cussing his young dumb ass out for asking moms for that gahbage.

You dudes got me feelin like a foreigner and shit with these stores I have never heard of.

Breh weren't you in SC for a while; military brat? Well all this old shit never made it's way over to columbia mall or columbiana mall. These old stores was exclusive to Dutch Square mall....and if you ever made it there you know how old that mall was/is....

RP912

Banned
I used to get my pocket sockers from kb toy stores when I was young. I used to love them figures.

One time I got two of them and this kid was like "POCKET SOCKERS?!...I love those toys".
it was awesome because I used to feel like I was the only dude that cop them toys while everybody else was on that ninja turtle tip.

Where you been bruh

Not living in America. I am what 3/4 of GAF want to be, a "Japanese" American (by virtue of having lived nearly my entire life there and Korea and a little time in Italy...Vicenza was the shit!).

Breh weren't you in SC for a while; military brat? Well all this old shit never made it's way over to columbia mall or columbiana mall. These old stores was exclusive to Dutch Square mall....and if you ever made it there you know how old that mall was/is....

I was in SC for a little while, don't recall seeing any of these stores at Columbia Place Mall while I was there. Dutch Square...come on son we both know that shit ain't no "mall" that shit is a legal loitering zone for drug sales.

Shocking enough I only went to Columbiana once and I don't recall much about it.

RP912

Banned
Malls are not what they used to be :/

When I go to one nowadays its for a damn haircut....other than that meh...

Franklin Mills was my spot for mall goodness though.

RP912

Banned
Damn amazon and steam got me covered for my mall needs. If I need clothes...I head to the superior Tangent Outlets and or rugged wearhouse.

I was in SC for a little while, don't recall seeing any of these stores at Columbia Place Mall while I was there. Dutch Square...come on son we both know that shit ain't no "mall" that shit is a legal loitering zone for drug sales.

Shocking enough I only went to Columbiana once and I don't recall much about it.

got it. Basically all the old stores we are talking about pre-dated both columbia place and columbiana mall. The warzone Dutch Square was the only mall place to have any of em.

got it. Basically all the old stores we are talking about pre-dated both columbia place and columbiana mall. The warzone Dutch Square was the only mall place to have any of em.

Ah that explains it. Suppose to go up to Columbia next weekend to see my mom. I might visit these "malls" to see what they're about nowadays.

Kreed

See, you needed to drive to cities like Sumter, Florence, or Darlington. Country towns with barely anything going on. If you thought Dutch Square Mall was bad, you wouldn't know what to do with yourself at Jasmine "Mall". I remember people losing their minds when the first Super Walmart opened up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom