• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
We just had a Roses open up in my city last year. Place is garbage. It's like if Hobby Lobby and Big Lots had a kid, but Hobby was drinking and smoking the whole pregnancy and then Big Lots kicked her in the gut at 35 weeks.

andthebeatgoeson

It's a good letter. Can't get behind Gilbert's fuckery. We'll see if Riles handles it better. Riles thought he would just coast the next years with deep runs. He's got to explain himself.

Jado

Banned
Remember Petland? One time we went there and the dude had one of the snakes out. I touched it and my mom wouldn't let we get in the car until I washed my hands.

There's a Petland a few blocks away from my place. Sucks compared to the good independent pet shops in the area.

smh it's bad enough the games were ranging in the 60-90 dollar range.

wtf :/

Getting an N64 for Christmas was the best and worst thing ever as a kid with no money. I basically borrowed my way through the N64 library. I was actually not a greedy-ass kid and had asked for a Genesis or SNES... each selling for about $40-$50, used games were everywhere and cheap, plus lots of kids moving on to 32/64-bit didn't care to let you borrow a bunch of 16-bit games at once and for months at a time. I would've been stuck replaying MK Mythologies for a year if not for ONE non-poor friend in middle school with a good stack of N64 games.

Even PS1 wouldve been a smarter buy for someone with no money. So many cheap/used games in every game store.

Onemic

Fuck cleveland. And I cant respect Lebron anymore. I got no respect for a dude that goes back to a franchise that hates and doesnt respect him and is two faced. And he did so willingly. I mean they just took down the Gilbert letter last week, just because they knew they had a chance to get him....That's like the definition of two faced right there.

And when they dont win because they have the same problem as the Heat(No bigs), I once again expect him and all the Lebron bandwagoners to say that he needs more help and hes doing it all himself.

Gorillaz

Bron going back to Cleveland? Dis nigga.

ESPN

you have any idea how bad it will be here? I'm going to hear all these band wagoners and riders come out the cut, the same ones that was burning the jerseys, playing "i'm coming home" on the radio for the next 4 months straight

RP912

Banned
Getting an N64 for Christmas was the best and worst thing ever as a kid with no money. I basically borrowed my way through the N64 library. I was actually not a greedy-ass kid and had asked for a Genesis or SNES... each selling for about $40-$50, used games were everywhere and cheap, plus lots of kids moving on to 32/64-bit didn't care to let you borrow a bunch of 16-bit games at once and for months at a time. I would've been stuck replaying MK Mythologies for a year if not for ONE non-poor friend in middle school with a good stack of N64 games.

Even PS1 wouldve been a smarter buy for someone with no money. So many cheap/used games in every game store.

Me and my brother had the worst luck with the n64. It felt like a footrest half of the time. I remember one time I was trading some n64 games we weren't playing for some new ones, and this guy who worked at the place challenged me to a game of wcw/nwo revenge. If I beat him I'll get a free game and if I lose he would take my game. So I'm all like "I got this dude...I'm going to beat his ass". I picked sting and he picked goldberg........next thing you know this friggin dude doing moves I never thought existed in the game. He was pretty much wrecking me on purpose and won. He gave me another chance just to beat me in a fucking minute.

He took two of my brothers games :(. Thankfully he ended up with a ps2 and a gamecube down the road.

DominoKid

Lebron just wanted to be able to go home and be loved. At the end of the day who doesn't want that?

The Decision was a shithead move and he deserved every bit of the response he got for it. He knows that and now he's making it right.

I still don't like him though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
you have any idea how bad it will be here? I'm going to hear all these band wagoners and riders come out the cut, the same ones that was burning the jerseys, playing "i'm coming home" on the radio for the next 4 months straight

tumblr_n8j5erc7nZ1s75idfo1_500.jpg

Trey

I'm most excited to see a non-shitty Kyrie. He is not good enough to carry a team, but with LeBron he can be special.

Onemic

Hopefully they trade Wiggins for Kevin Love because we all know Wiggins aint gonna stay in Minnesota past his initial contract. Then Wiggins can come back to the home of the Raptors.

strobogo

Banned
People saying LeBron did a face turn, but he totally boned Wade and Bosh, getting them to opt out of many millions more with the idea of them taking a pay cut to get younger, better talent to help out. Then he leaves anyway, with little chance of either guy getting a contract that big ever again, especially Wade. That's kind of scummy.

DominoKid

People saying LeBron did a face turn, but he totally boned Wade and Bosh, getting them to opt out of many millions more with the idea of them taking a pay cut to get younger, better talent to help out. Then he leaves anyway, with little chance of either guy getting a contract that big ever again, especially Wade. That's kind of scummy.

Bosh bout to get a max. Wade will get some good loyalty checks out of Miami.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wade and Bosh are grown men who can make their own decisions. Lebron ain't their dad, so it's their fault for looking at him like he's the final say.

cdyhybrid

Bosh has had a huge offer from Houston on the table already, apparently.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Say this, nobody can deny Lebron's marketability after all this buzz. Nike exec probably gonna buy a whole country after it's all said and done.

See, you needed to drive to cities like Sumter, Florence, or Darlington. Country towns with barely anything going on. If you thought Dutch Square Mall was bad, you wouldn't know what to do with yourself at Jasmine "Mall". I remember people losing their minds when the first Super Walmart opened up.

people lost their fucking minds here a year ago when Cinnabon opened in the mall.

Gorillaz

I still think he ain't shit for coming back, but he obviously did it to boost the economy here, which Cleveland desperately needs. Wade well.......he's basically in the last stage of his career and Bosh still has the Houston deal on the deal till Sunday maybe.

The whole media view of it being about legacy is so fucking corny tho

Bosh has had a huge offer from Houston on the table already, apparently.

He still has the deal for the next few days anyway. ESPN says they are trying to scramble right now to get him to sign. Dude is from Texas and it's no way he'll get a better deal from Miami. They'll probably try to angle him the way the Cav's did.

#boshcomehome

He still has the deal for the next few days anyway. ESPN says they are trying to scramble right now to get him to sign. Dude is from Texas and it's no way he'll get a better deal from Miami. They'll probably try to angle him the way the Cav's did.

#boshcomehome

He could easily get a better deal from Miami without LeBron. But he probably wants to play for a contender, and Miami won't be that for a while, now. He'll sign, but hopefully he does a S&T and gets Miami some assets to use on a rebuild.

He could easily get a better deal from Miami without LeBron. But he probably wants to play for a contender, and Miami won't be that for a while, now. He'll sign, but hopefully he does a S&T and gets Miami some assets to use on a rebuild.

You think Miami would match or beat 4 yrs 88? They could since Bron's offer is off the table. Also what you think Melo do?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So I just started playing Final Fantasy 12 for the first time, and I already want to give up forever and snap the disc in half because of the damn ridiculous unchangeable inverted camera controls.

When I press left on the analog stick, I want the character to look to the left. I am trying to change where the camera is looking. I don't want to press left and have the view turn to the right as though I am holding a movie camera and trying to swing it around to look at something.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So I just started playing Final Fantasy 12 for the first time, and I already want to give up forever and snap the disc in half because of the damn ridiculous unchangeable inverted camera controls.

When I press left on the right analog stick, I want the character to look to the left. I am trying to change where the camera is looking. I don't want to press left and have the view turn to the right as though I am holding a movie camera and trying to swing it around to look at something.

Normal FF12 or Intl ver? It's a pain in the ass I agree. If you're playing it emulated w/360 controller you COULD adjust the inputs for right stick horizontal to be opposite.

Trey

#boshcomehome

Bosh needs to go to Houston. He'd space the floor on that team like no other. A pylon could run Howard PnRs if they had an elbow Bosh jumper on the other side.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I wouldn't mind, except YOU CAN'T CHANGE THEM

Why is this not an option? How hard is it to put in a setting to change the camera controls?

Normal FF12 or Intl ver? It's a pain in the ass I agree. If you're playing it emulated w/360 controller you COULD adjust the inputs for right stick horizontal to be opposite.

normal version on a PS2

I'd be willing to emulate on my PC; do you knew a good guide for that kind of thing?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
normal version on a PS2

I'd be willing to emulate on my PC; do you knew a good guide for that kind of thing?

Yeah, PCSX2 - it looks like basically an HD upgrade. It really looks slick. You may have to do a little digging and adjusting but googling PCSX2 should be enough. Savestates make the game more than tolerable. Especially since the battle system is basically programming, you set it up right and can fast forward and it's a beautiful thing.

KumaJG

FF12 my favorite FF until I play 6. People hate on FF12 for some odd reason. Those same people probably praise FF7 which is ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom