• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
You really want to mess with someone with a pony avatar bruh

You say that like PonyGAF is gonna roll up on somebody to defend you

Last I checked, they were too busy doin math with calculators and protractors and shit, trying to figure out how young is too young

the big jcpenny catalog around christmas time with all those toys in it back in the day
iJpOLvMslCxw8.png

Trey

You cats see the trailer for Jolie's first film as direct Unbroken? Is it sad while watching that trailer the very first thing I thought of was the youtube video about "If Black People said the things white people say" and the part where they were like "wow I just watched Titanic and didn't realise how bad you people have it?"

:(

This movie trailer and the WW2 one had me thinking of all the racist tweets we're going to see after they release.

Last I checked, they were too busy doin math with calculators and protractors and shit, trying to figure out how young is too young
I don't need them to defend me. I'll fight anybody. I'm not even ponygaf either.

Hit up my ex after I saw she just had a ugly breakup. Asked about the kids. Said my family still talks about how good we were for each other. Gonna meet her for brunch tomorrow at Jack in The Box.

#wynning

:3

Yo. Old friend hit me up on my birthday and said, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY! This is your day, so take every opportunity offered to you!"

Me - "Huh, thanks! But what does that mean?"

Her - "Well, I love your wife and kids too much to say that you should take every opportunity offered to you...

Me - "I'm still not understanding what these opportunities are. This is interesting. You think we could meet up and talk about it, so there's not any confusion?" :3

Her - "Sure. But I don't want to cause any problems..."

Me - "Aight, so your place at 6?"

Her - "Please."

I don't know guys, I think she might want the D, but I'm going to go talk her out of it.

#wynning
* based on true story, I just didn't wynn it.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Reasonable response / blackgaf response: "don't do it"

GAF response: "well technically monogamy is a fairly modern innovation within social sciences and realistically you're just going paleo as applied to kinship and there's nothing inherently wrong with cheating as long as you think you deserve which we're pretty sure you do because we know virtually nothing about this woman or her husband"

Yeah, most of GAF hasn't tried to outrun Mr. 9 and his 15 little friends.

busting out the cleats and rulers to make sure there's not too much grass on the field

Jado

Banned
Remember before Gamestop there was Babbages and Software, etc.

We had Funcoland here too - it was garbage though. They had a book at the counter with a list of their inventory and release dates, but they never had anything I was looking for when I went in to find stuff. That turned into Electronic Boutique, which later merged with Gamestop, then everything was just Gamestop.

This right here? My local Funcoland had an NES toploader, not for sale, behind a glass display. Always stared at it in envy for a moment cuz my NES toaster was slowly failing.

andthebeatgoeson

Anybody remember Strawbridges and Clothier...what's good with wanamakers?

Did they have that down south? Strawbridges was the shit and Clover's was ratchet. Not S&C, you just got a Kmart knockoff. Almost got caught up with a friend trying to steal a videogame from there.

RP912

Banned
This right here? My local Funcoland had an NES toploader, not for sale, behind a glass display. Always stared at it in envy for a moment cuz my NES toaster was slowly failing.

back when used gaming prices were reasonable and trading wasn't a LOLZ YOU GOT ROBBED!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Nobody should be paying 5.99 for Nightmare on Elm Street on the NES.

RP912

Banned
Did they have that down south? Strawbridges was the shit and Clover's was ratchet. Not S&C, you just got a Kmart knockoff. Almost got caught up with a friend trying to steal a videogame from there.

the s & c up in philly was classy as hell. I felt like I had to wear a blazer just to go through the place in order to get outside to catch the bus.

Slayven

Remember Petland? One time we went there and the dude had one of the snakes out. I touched it and my mom wouldn't let we get in the car until I washed my hands.

RP912

Banned
orge battle was like the most expensive ebay item before ebay became the spot for expensive item. I swear that game never came down on price even to this day.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
In '95 the rationale was "these older games are like antiques." They actually said that shit to me.

I don't think people realize there was just as many mom & pops that wanted to bend you over backwards as Gamestops. They just didn't have as much of an install base. Hell, Software Etc wanted 69.99 for Final Fantasy 7 and Ocarina of Time because they were 'in high demand.'

I remember when Street Fighter 2 came out on home consoles. That and MK 2 were an event, man. Going to the mall to buy one at the store by the cigar store.

J10

Banned
Some hole in the wall store had a single N64 for sale for $500 when it was new and scarce. Big ass sign display in the window too, proud to be trying to swindle people. Get fucked.

akira28

H.R. with Brooke Shields.
tumblr_mtwnwrlIiW1rop6evo1_500.png

Didn't even know Bad Brains had that kind of mainstream penetration.

There's still one in Charlestown by the Church's.

no wonder she didn't fux wit Michael like that. she was already hanging with cooler cats with less\different issues.

RP912

Banned
Some hole in the wall store had a single N64 for sale for $500 when it was new and scarce. Big ass sign display in the window too, proud to be trying to swindle people. Get fucked.

smh it's bad enough the games were ranging in the 60-90 dollar range.

wtf :/

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When was the first time scumbag Arcade owners decided to use tokens instead of quarters, so you couldn't use your currency anywhere else?

J10

Banned
When was the first time scumbag Arcade owners decided to use tokens instead of quarters, so you couldn't use your currency anywhere else?

First time I ever experienced that was at Sesame Place. Always rubbed me the wrong way. They still do the same shit now with swipe cards at places like Dave & Busters I think.

KumaJG

orge battle was like the most expensive ebay item before ebay became the spot for expensive item. I swear that game never came down on price even to this day.

A lot games are like that especially Dreamcast games(dreamcast in general). I could get more money from selling a Dreamcast than a Wii U tbh.

Imm0rt4l

arcade culture has been dead for so long that I can't anyone would be able to recall. It depended on the establishment anyways.

andthebeatgoeson

the s & c up in philly was classy as hell. I felt like I had to wear a blazer just to go through the place in order to get outside to catch the bus.

Especially during Christmas with the train and the tree.

Just watched that Em clip:
'You really gonna take advice from somebody who slapped Dee Barnes'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom