• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thor is now a woman. Go on DC, make Superman black.

Black superman already exists

Here you go

Earth-2-24-Spoilers-Val-Zod-Superman-Batman-Red-Arrow-5.jpg

Kraftwerk

Goddamnit, I'm not coming into this thread anymore;

I had a dream last night that I was taking Cocaine Lorraine to meet my family. We had dinner, and then I had my head on her lap while listening to some music.

GODDAMNIT!

257.gif

Kraftwerk has truly gone off the deep end between the dreams and the fan-fiction

we'll always remember your deep abiding love of Barry Lyndon

Jado

Banned
Here you go

Is the above different from this? All I know is this guy is president and appeared in one issue (9) before they switched back to youngish Clark fighting off Brainiac(?) or whoever.

As an aside, I thought New 52 would be about simplicity and drawing in new readers. Less than 10 issues into Action Comics, you can see above that they're going into alt timelines with very little reason or context. Then immediately after the Brainiac story arc, the issue opens with a half-dozen characters (no fucking clue who they are, just dropped into the beginning of the issue) plotting something against Superman and his baby ship. No, not just the scrappy jeans-wearing Superman we've been following. One that's from a few years into the future... I THINK.

Yeah, I stopped reading there. Seems like they went back to their old fuckery where you need to be following a bunch of different titles and have an encyclopedia of background knowledge to know what's happening.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sigh, yeah, New 52 had a lot of good things but it quickly, VERY quickly fell into the whole "we just wanted to adjust some shit" instead of a real reboot of any substance.

Animal Man was super great though in the beginning.

Yeah, I stopped reading there. Seems like they went back to their old fuckery where you need to be following a bunch of different titles and have an encyclopedia of background knowledge to know what's happening.
You've never needed to do or know this ever, at any point in time.

Jado

Banned
You've never needed to do or know this ever, at any point in time.

I know more about comics and superheroes than the average person. I was thoroughly confused a dozen issues after launch. Imagine a new customer interested in the "New 52" reboot marketing itself as a fresh start. DC fucked up.

Sigh, yeah, New 52 had a lot of good things but it quickly, VERY quickly fell into the whole "we just wanted to adjust some shit" instead of a real reboot of any substance.

Animal Man was super great though in the beginning.

I was on issue 3 or 4 of this and thought it was pretty cool. By your tone, I take it that it also went to shit.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
This Thor news is cool and all, but...they need to stop the bullshitting and put Carol on the big screen.

I swear, Lucy is going to suck (and I know it), but I don't want to see yet another excuse hurled out from any exec's mouth as to why we can't have nice things.

I know more about comics and superheroes than the average person. I was thoroughly confused a dozen issues after launch. Imagine a new customer interested in the "New 52" reboot marketing itself as a fresh start. DC fucked up.

Bruh, that's on you. As mediocre as the new 52 turned out to be, you can still pick whatever stories you want and go from there, and you don't need to read an entire line to keep up.

akira28

The funny thing though is if you look at the negative space in the superman S, that's actually the real name or whatever, in Kryptonese.

edit: I used to hate the New 52, but now with Fifty Sue, I've just decided to go on this crazy ride and see where it takes me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll never understand this. It had all the creative elements of a great crossover and it just...wasn't.

I went in with high hopes, too. :(

Reading Animal Man and Swamp Thing concurrently and I was like
iX2fm9QQJYCfa.gif

Then I got into it and was like
iblj8tdGKPHCRO.gif

akira28

yeah a crossover of the embodiments of the Green and the Red should have made for a good story. And probably would have, 4+ years ago.

This Thor news is cool and all, but...they need to stop the bullshitting and put Carol on the big screen.

I swear, Lucy is going to suck (and I know it), but I don't want to see yet another excuse hurled out from any exec's mouth as to why we can't have nice things.

I'd love this, because I love Carol. Instead, I must watch failed half-measures constantly.

New52 got me into reading comics, jumping in after so many decades of backstory was intimidating, starting from the "beginning" made it easy. And right now DC has about as many quality running titles as Marvel, so I can't hate on either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom