• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Fex

I got far on metroid NES!

I died on ridley but I'm happy I accomplished that much.

It was like when I made it to dungeon 8 of Zelda 1

Jado

Banned
I'm incapable of playing Metroid for the NES and Metroid II. The former is archaic as hell, and the latter looks the same everywhere.

I got Metroid in 1997, requested it from my friend for "Secret" Santa in school. I played it all week leading up to Christmas. That shit was brutal and archaic even back then. Gave up on it when the N64 came out of the gift wrap.

Legend of Zelda on the other hand is still highly playable. Last playthrough was the "Classic NES" GBA version in '04. That second quest though... get stuck just trying to find the dungeons.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Yea...Zero mission replaced OG Metroid. I don't even bother with 2. Super Metroid is still the ruler of them all.

Prime is so fucking boring, unless you use the sequence breaks. Speedrunning that shit is magical. Word to Red Scarlet.

Spinluck

3742025-7052389731-addon.php

You fuckin missed out bro. No bullshit. Prime 1 and 2 are easily among the top 10 games of the last decade.

Easily.

Go play them as soon as possible. You'll be mad you were so late to this party.

You have been booo'd.
I don't like the FPS genre as a whole, and I've seen enough footage to know it ain't for me. It's cool if you like it though.

I don't like the FPS genre as a whole, and I've seen enough footage to know it ain't for me. It's cool if you like it though.

breh. I thought the same and skipped it on the GameCube. I didn't bother playing the games until they were on Wii and I didn't have anything else to play. I felt and still feel like an idiot for doubting it. It's not a game you can watch over someone's shoulder and experience. Gots to play them shits. If you spend 2 hours in it and don't like it, it's not for you. Until then, I shall not concede your point!

Man when did this whole STEM superiority complex thing start?

Whenever articles started popping up to say that STEM majors are the most valuable.

And in the job market, they appear to be. STEM majors enjoyed their validation, and people who were entering college may have switched to STEM (even if they didn't like it) so that they were guaranteed to have a career post-grad. They may have felt that their choice was the only valid one, and as such, looked down on non-STEM majors.

Or at least, that's how I figure it went down.

EDIT: @Devo - STEM usually leads to abundant career options. There are plenty of jobs open in particular fields. As for how long that will last? Who knows.

Gorillaz

Man when did this whole STEM superiority complex thing start?

For awhile, it got more "mainstream" ever since the 08 crash when colleges/high school began pushing for it.

There is a problem with perception and reality with some of them. Some really think the area is "wide open" when infact almost everyone is pushing for those careers leading to a soon-to-be over saturation of the field. Especially by some of these dudes not even in America trying to get their jobs as well.

EDIT: @Devo - STEM usually leads to abundant career options. There are plenty of jobs open in particular fields. As for how long that will last? Who knows.

Eh a lot of stuff is getting outsourced and a lot of people still don't have the required social skills to climb ladders.

DominoKid

lol at this dude trying to look tough in that shit

let's be real if you saw this under armour at the gym you'd lose your shit

one of my goals is to sell this shit to somebody. i saw it in our new UA catalogs and fell out laughing.

i wish we could get the Wu-Tang shirt though. i'd order one for myself.

J10

Banned
lol at this dude trying to look tough in that shit

let's be real if you saw this under armour at the gym you'd lose your shit

I have a friend who loves to take pictures of himself in super hero underarmors in front of gym mirrors. I'm gonna tell him you're making fun of him. When he says fuck that bitch, I'm just gonna be like well, she has a point.

I have a friend who loves to take pictures of himself in super hero underarmors in front of gym mirrors. I'm gonna tell him you're making fun of him. When he says fuck that bitch, I'm just gonna be like well, she has a point.

Tell him I can't be the only one laughing.

I honestly don't get the issue anymore. If there's one playable character, who do people want to be female? The characters you never really play as?

it was the issue of the 2nd player you get in the Co-Op (Far Cry 4)not being female b/c of the silly reason they gave and then it spread to AC Unity not having any of the 4 player options being female as well

Ubisoft rep definitely messed up with the response especially since they've made the effort to incorporate female characters into their games.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That feel when you have a great idea but neither the means nor the clout to go about it yet.

I know that feeling. Million dollar ideas, my friend. One of these days I'll get decorative pool lightning up and running as well as my own line of toilet glow strips so you can pee in the dark.

update:
One of my young cousins passed away back home in SC. Car accident.....

On top of that my brother in law has tried to hustle my parents. Went to my folks this past Saturday and asked for help to keep the lights one. Keep in mind he had a job and quit so baby momma couldn't get anymore child support garnishments. Anywho they give him the money since my sister is pregnant with baby #3. Dad caught him yesterday coming out of guitar center with a new saxaphone. Pops caught him in a lie about the saxaphone and he ended up returning it for a refund and giving the money back but; why we gotta take advantage of people man?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom