• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

update:
One of my young cousins passed away back home in SC. Car accident.....

On top of that my brother in law has tried to hustle my parents. Went to my folks this past Saturday and asked for help to keep the lights one. Keep in mind he had a job and quit so baby momma couldn't get anymore child support garnishments. Anywho they give him the money since my sister is pregnant with baby #3. Dad caught him yesterday coming out of guitar center with a new saxaphone. Pops caught him in a lie about the saxaphone and he ended up returning it for a refund and giving the money back but; why we gotta take advantage of people man?

Sorry for your lost. Folks like that is why folks don't want to help their fellow man anymore.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
You didn't like it? That's too bad. Ewan McGregor is great and ScarJo's character sorta makes sense IMO for the naive
clone
that she is supposed to be. She has never been a great actress (though I like the voicework she does in 'Her') she is just a beautiful looking person. I really like pulp science fiction, stuff like the Island and Minority Report are good popcorn movies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
You didn't like it? That's too bad. Ewan McGregor is great and ScarJo's character sorta makes sense IMO for the naive
clone
that she is supposed to be. She has never been a great actress (though I like the voicework she does in 'Her') she is just a beautiful looking person. I really like pulp science fiction, stuff like the Island and Minority Report are good popcorn movies.
It's crazy how she's not even physically performing in her best role, Her.

She really should stick to voice acting.

clone

McGregor was the one thing I enjoyed about the whole thing. Coulda sleptwalked through the movie but he turned in a pretty good performance. Him being so good just highlighted how bad ScarJo was.

The movie was just too ridiculous. I can turn my brain off and enjoy some explosions but it was asking too much of me. They're gonna send mercenaries to shoot through downtown LA and there was no police involved. Pieces of buildings crashing down, helicopters falling from the sky and once they kill these clones everyone is just gonna go about their business like it didn't happen?

The scene where they shoot McGregor's original character instead of the clone....um just throw your gun to the mercenaries and have them ask you some basic questions. Wouldn't be hard to figure out who is who....Mercenaries were quick as fuck to just shoot him too despite him being a world famous millionaire. Killed all the tension in the scene

Satch

Banned
tumblr_n6z215GLmJ1rm4wgqo6_500.jpg

bye

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
*dead* @ Pocket Monica

update:

On top of that my brother in law has tried to hustle my parents. Went to my folks this past Saturday and asked for help to keep the lights one. Keep in mind he had a job and quit so baby momma couldn't get anymore child support garnishments. Anywho they give him the money since my sister is pregnant with baby #3. Dad caught him yesterday coming out of guitar center with a new saxaphone. Pops caught him in a lie about the saxaphone and he ended up returning it for a refund and giving the money back but; why we gotta take advantage of people man?

My condolences breh.

andthebeatgoeson

update:

Sorry to hear. It's a damn shame but I might be more likely to give money to a stranger than family. Definitely more likely for a friend. People will lie and ask for a need and use it for a want.

J10

Banned
I wanna be excited about Destiny, but I'm not. It looks polished, but also really generic and too similar to other current shooters. Multiplayer looks like the exact opposite of what I want.

FyreWulff

If you didn't see it in WrassleGAF:

WWE has come to terms on the release of the following Superstars as of today, June 12, 2014:

Drew McIntyre
Jinder Mahal
Aksana
Curt Hawkins
Theodore Long
Camacho
Brodus Clay
Evan Bourne
Yoshi Tatsu
Marc Harris (referee)
WWE wishes them the best in all their future endeavors.

J10

Banned
My sex playlists aren't made up of songs about fucking. They're made up of songs with amazing rhythms.

Rainbow road on 150cc breh. The rage is real
I actually tried it yesterday. Fuck. Shit is infuriating. You stay in first place for a nigga to hit you with a red shell. Then someone else hits you with a red shell. Then guess what your ass fell off the map.

cdyhybrid

I actually tried it yesterday. Fuck. Shit is infuriating. You stay in first place for a nigga to hit you with a red shell. Then someone else hits you with a red shell. Then guess what your ass fell off the map.

Or you manage to finally stay in 1st, and on the last item box before the finish line you get hit with a blue shell, then a red shell, then another red shell. 7th place, motherfucker.

I only have sex to Swedish Death Metal

nah for real, it's usually ends up being portishead type downtempo/chillwave/whateverthefuck/instrumental hip-hop. Sex soundtracks are kinda overrated though. If things are going well, you won't be paying attention to that shit anyway nahmean nahmsayin' hollaatyaboy

it was the issue of the 2nd player you get in the Co-Op (Far Cry 4)not being female b/c of the silly reason they gave and then it spread to AC Unity not having any of the 4 player options being female as well

Evidently there's only one player option. Like Watch_Dogs multiplayer, or Pokemon games where you choose what trainer type you appearvas to friends.

DY_nasty

I don't have playlists anymore. I always seem to attach relationships to albums. Musiq was my dope ass friends with benefits album. Can't listen to that anymore - halfcrazy does me dirty. Songs in A Minor by Alicia Keys is dedicated to my promise date. Can't play that. Mya albums had to be thrown in the bushes. Dru Hill was my college girl. Ginuwine was the girl I dumped on Valentine's Day.

Slayven

The only album that get feels from me is the Ninja Turtle one. I remember begging my mom to buy it and then begging her to play in the car. She gave me "Dis Nigga here" sideeye all the way home.

G-Fex

The only album that get feels from me is the Ninja Turtle one. I remember begging my mom to buy it and then begging her to play in the car. She gave me "Dis Nigga here" sideeye all the way home.

Oh snap, Turtle power by partners in kryme?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Royalan with that logic in the Zelda thread. I feel you breh. Nintendo isn't going to hear those cries though. :(

Lol @ the weeknd being so low on that chart. Rape lyrics aside(cause yea), yall underestimating Sinister MJ's effect on people.

IrishNinja

Where you're from- Cutler Ridge, south end of Miami FL
Where you live- after traveling a bit, not too far from there
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Irish & english so neither side of the family particularly cares for me, haha. some spanish too.
Do you know your roots- ive been back to ireland but i can't find out much more than that, because see above
Your Age- 35
Favorite musical genre- hip hop, jazz hop, jazz, whatever bjork is
Your profession/major/career interest- civil service
Your religious affiliation- Apatheism is like a fancy word for agnosticism i guess
Hobbies- Games, comics, boxing, philosophy, drinking with friends
Also be ready to answer the age-old question, KFC or Popeyes - how is this even a question, you only go to KFC if there's no Popeyes or even Church's nearby

That whole story I wrote was based on songs that meant something and gives you in idea where my head was at at the moment shit was happening. I really need to finish especially since my girl has finally read it. Yeah that's my next project.

And Al Green, Teddy and Luther are along with Prince as its own tier.

But I learned this from a comedian the best song to fuck to is the Green Acres theme song. And yes I've done it.

Also cats sleeping on Donna Summer and The Chakachas. Thank you Based Black Phillip.

DY_nasty

Pretty Ricky got me all my cheeks in high school.

Shout out to 112 for Peaches & Cream too

jWILL253

Banned
Sex playlists?

Ctrl+F "Marvin Gaye" = 0

Hmmmm...

Ctrl+F "Teddy Pendergrass" = 0

I am dissapoint.

EDIT: Damnit, that's what I get for skimming, lol...

This is probably the first time somebody has mentioned Pretty Ricky in 2014. Its probably the most recent result in Google for the last year.

Or you manage to finally stay in 1st, and on the last item box before the finish line you get hit with a blue shell, then a red shell, then another red shell. 7th place, motherfucker.
I am happy that 150cc became brutal but at the same time I hate that 150cc became brutal.

This is probably the first time somebody has mentioned Pretty Ricky in 2014. Its probably the most recent result in Google for the last year.
LMAO

Azure J

You know, this is a bit late but after ViewtifulJC made me realize that some of the regulars I bump heads with might not know that I'm black, I figured I should introduce myself here.

Where you're from/Where you live: Born, raised, and currently reside in the Prospect/Crown Heights section of Brooklyn, NY.

Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy: Mother is Jamaican, daughter of her Cuban father and Jamaican mother. Father is Nigerian of Benin heritage. Unsure of specifics in lineage.

Do you know your roots: Not at all. :(

Your Age: 24 years old

Favorite musical genre: Anything that catches my ear, but I definitely have a slant to Hip Hop/Jazz/D&B. I'm extremely fraudulent at keeping up with the times though.

Your profession/major/career interest: Game Design & Animation

Your religious affiliation: Christian. Honestly, I think I just believe in God and "Do unto others" at this point.

Hobbies: Video games, animation, music, writing and drawing (haven't written in a long while and still haven't approached "passable" with my drawing)

#TeamPopeyes

I think I lurked the first few threads before we became Culture Threads but that was a LONG time ago. Hardly hang around OT side, especially when gold like the Drake vs Lil Wayne Capcom tour thread comes along..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom