• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
i refuse to be behind slayven

i'm gonna preorder this shit and get some fuckin keys as soon as i finish this fuckin sandwich

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
But you like Lolo Jones

c7NJRa2.gif

Furyous

Why are people upset Captain America is black? If we're being technical then he was originally black and they justified it by saying there were other test subjects before Steve Rogers.

I got through half the page in that post about it when dude said something to the effect of being a white superhero is out of style.

I love comic nerd rage. It's very fun and enlightening.

Tokubetsu

Why are people upset Captain America is black? If we're being technical then he was originally black and they justified it by saying there were other test subjects before Steve Rogers.

I got through half the page in that post about it when dude said something to the effect of being a white superhero is out of style.

comic book dudes man

J10

Banned
Call me crazy, but I think shitting on "Tumblr feminists" and "social justice warriors" is a new way for posters to complain about certain women and other people who dare speak up about anything -- without drawing the ire of mods by using phrases like feminazi or mewling cunt. Kinda like "thug" and "savage" being code words for young black men that fly under the radar.

You're not crazy. That's exactly what it is. More codewords.

Trey

I'm not fiending Destiny like I was expecting I would. I think this is an acute case of my imagination out running the reality.

Slayven

comic nerds are like video game nerds. loud vocal minority that screams and shouts but always buys.

Trey

Maybe you got caught up in that OT (as in official thread) hype by proximity.

Nah, it's the video bungie made a few years back. When my bungie fervor was at its highest pitch. Been building Destiny up to be this grand masterclass in gaming far before anyone had any knowledge about it. My fault - hopefully I'll come around.

Silky

Banned
Silky, you ain't shit
QyIMD.png

You still my boy tho but, it is what it is

hmQzdW3.gif

--

Scrolled back to see what was up with this Cap. America stuff...I tell you, big comic news that hits mainstream is a good way to seperate those who do read comics and those who don't. The recent Thor news doesn't really bug me because shit like that happens in that universe fairly often. Hell even Loki was a (fine af) woman at one point, and Thor was a woman before as well. Morales is a Spidey at the moment, etc....not just getting excited over the 'oh shit Cap is Black now' stuff anymore, or anything like that.

People on my twitter saying "oh suchandsuch is /this/ now? I'll actually care to read it now" the fuck? I get that some people need to relate to a character but....come the fuck on. Marvel--comic books in general--are the last form of entertainment that needs to be criticized over it's inclusion

Silky

Banned
You guys need to check out Garden Warfare. Best $20 I spent this year, and if it werent for Destiny, it'd probably be my favorite multiplayer shooter of '14. Sooooo good.

RedSwirl

Whoa, hold up. I just heard my cousin (a southern preacher) has almost paid off his church's building fund.

You ever heard of some shit like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom