• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

andthebeatgoeson

Q1Gdyj9.jpg

That's way past Rihanna's five head and at least 6 or 7.

I apologize for all of Philadelphia for promoting this bull shit. It was big in the late 90's, Hogan had it. Cats where just rocking the beard only. I think they gave it up tho.

Edit: we used to call it the five fingers of death. If you can put all five of your fingers between your eye brows and your hair line... #Ded

J10

Banned
I wonder if women like fake hairlines as much as we like fake titties and asses. My guess would be no, but I don't wanna make any assumptions.

The shit we do In lieu of adequate penile enhancements.

J10

Banned
Two pages into the thread and they're already trying to take the Black out of Black Panther.

I fucking hate OT sometimes.

Just finished watching the 1st ep of Sailor Moon Crystal. I didn't think it was possible, but Serena was made to be even more helpless. If there was ever an anime character that has obtained the full benefit of plot armor, it's her.

Edit: Realized that she's the main char, she isn't supposed to die. But as a rational and logical human being, it baffles me how she survives the fights she does on top of providing the finishing blows 90% of the time.

Kreed

Two pages into the thread and they're already trying to take the Black out of Black Panther.

To be fair, the posters are suggesting Marvel will be too afraid to call him the Black Panther in a movie because of the group/people's feelings about the group.

Gorillaz

I've put out so many resumes the past few months for jobs big and small and shit is moving so slow

Like I think these dudes in HR are doing literally nothing but sitting there collecting paycheck talking about their favorite scene on Halt and Catch Fire from Sunday. Shit is so frustrating

To be fair, the posters are suggesting Marvel will be too afraid to call him the Black Panther in a movie because of the group/people's feelings about the group.

I don't think Marvel is gonna go PC. He IS The Black Panther. Who are they gonna offend? Young liberal white folks?

Slayven

Getting on my last nerve, that every time a black role comes up Elba is the only name folks remember. Shit throw a Mario Peeples or Taye Diggs once in a while.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Getting on my last nerve, that every time a black role comes up Elba is the only name folks remember. Shit throw a Mario Peeples or Taye Diggs once in a while.

it's a name white folks throw out to show they're "with it" - how is Taye Diggs holding up now? He's probably in his late 40s now no?

Black Panther has a negative connotation attached to it here in the states. A really bad one that might hurt its box office due to the south still holding a grudge.

KumaJG

I wouldn't even throw those names tbh. Can't blame people for throwing Elba. He is most recognizable black actor.

Jado

Banned
I forget how gaming-side topics behave, too used to OT stuff.

I was once posting in an Anita Trope video thread and felt like the OT's usual aggression around these topics had been turned from Normal to Hard mode -- forgot I was posting on Gaming.

OT posters can be pathetic but at least they know what the deal is and how the rules around here work. Gaming, you've got a bunch of posters that only talk about game strategies and only know rules like "don't port beg" etc... So they show their asses when a social issue is posted. And because the Gaming side moves so fast and social issues aren't posted very often, only a handful of people from the Gaming side actually learn anything.

This summarizes it well.

I think this needs to be posted in the first post of all these threads:
tumblr_l4tsm8Y6d71qzwpsgo1_500.jpg

Kreed

it's a name white folks throw out to show they're "with it" - how is Taye Diggs holding up now? He's probably in his late 40s now no?

I think Taye Diggs is still on the black women shit list.

Would Chitewel Ejiofor be a good black panther in you guys opinion? I think so.

I wouldn't "mind" since he isn't Will Smith, Denzel, Elba, Wesley, aka one of the "I don't know shit about black actors" responses, but I prefer young blood. Hollywood gives new young actors who aren't black super huge roles all the time (Hawkeye). It's about time black actors get the same chance.

I hope The Rock does play Shazam and they get a minority to play Billy. Just because I want to see internet nerds cry. That's also the same reason I want the chick in the new Star Wars movie to be Luke's daughter not Han and Leia's.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watched the Best Man Holiday the other day. All them dudes still look fresh.

I've been out of the movie game for a while - they made sequels to The Best Man? I was working in a video store when that came out...I remember it well.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
The sad part is all the old dudes that are being tossed around. Young black actors really are that rare.

Gorillaz

The Best Man Holiday is so far removed from time. It's been like over a decade since the original. What took them all that time? they don't have careers or anything going on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom