• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

i've seen some of the most pathetic 6v6s in this beta

i never even believed in FPS matchmaking til this week. holy fuck some people are just shit
I bitched about it alot in the beta thread at the start. It feels like it's most people's first FPS and possibly first MP game in there life.

Also most matches are basically over especially if 2 or more drop out.

J10

Banned
You are right.

Let me tell you about the first time I heard Devo. When i heard that perfected vocal fry, those dulcet tones, those glorious waves of kinetic energy that was so pure and magical that it was almost a sin that this foul and polluted murk we call an atmosphere was the medium through which it was carried

I cried and thanked Buddha, God, Anasazi, Optimus Prime, and the Living Tribunal for blessing me with ears to hear it. It was like I was truly hearing for the first time. When she uttered "for sure" I knew then that the universe was the work of a creator, for nothing so beautiful could be birthed from random entropy.

NdZmdUn.jpg

hypernima

Banned
You are right.

Let me tell you about the first time I heard Devo. When i heard that perfected vocal fry, those dulcet tones, those glorious waves of kinetic energy that was so pure and magical that it was almost a sin that this foul and polluted murk we call an atmosphere was the medium through which it was carried

I cried and thanked Buddha, God, Anasazi, Optimus Prime, and the Living Tribunal for blessing me with ears to hear it. It was like I was truly hearing for the first time. When she uttered "for sure" I knew then that the universe was the work of a creator, for nothing so beautiful could be birthed from random entropy.

this is good enough to be copypasta

Mortemis

Banned
I bitched about it alot in the beta thread at the start. It feels like it's most people's first FPS and possibly first MP game in there life.

Also most matches are basically over especially if 2 or more drop out.

Yep, it's gotten to the point that I'll be happy if I'm 3rd since it means that there's at least 2 people who are actually good on my team. I'm hoping that it's because everyone who'd care are on the PS4 and most on PS3 just don't care. Either way I need to get some people who'd let me join their fireteam. Since I'm going ps4 I should be able to find some people here hopefully.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yep, it's gotten to the point that I'll be happy if I'm 3rd since it means that there's at least 2 people who are actually good on my team. I'm hoping that it's because everyone who'd care are on the PS4 and most on PS3 just don't care. Either way I need to get some people who'd let me join their fireteam. Since I'm going ps4 I should be able to find some people here hopefully.

There's no worse feeling than killing an interceptor for your 10th kill in a row, getting hit with a rocket - and seeing you're down 4000 on the scoreboard.

J10

Banned
I played Destiny today. Leveled up a Warlock to 8, did all the missions.

I wasn't impressed. I'll try a new character tomorrow and see if I feel any different.

Gorillaz

Airwecka, noooooo
I played Destiny today. Leveled up a Warlock to 8, did all the missions.

I wasn't impressed. I'll try a new character tomorrow and see if I feel any different.

See that's your first problem, you need to man up and rock Hunter class.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
You guys remember the cat who wanted to talk about moorish pirates kidnapping and enslaving white folk?

Well, I've been doing some genealogy, because that's what old white dudes do between reading spy novels and oppressing black people, and in the process, I discovered that one of my ancestors, Thomas Felps, was sailing from Europe, and he was captured and enslaved by Barbary pirates from North Africa!

What now?

Also: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=861373
da fux
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=122510356

Furyous

I just find asses like Minaj's cartoonish. I dunno.

I see HOPE. You gotta understand phat ass is everywhere and I find it appropriate. My newest fetish is toned crossfit ass. They on some hard work to achieve greatness shit. Yoga ass is where it's at and is the best of both worlds.

Mortemis

Banned
Airwrecka, lmao.

So I bit and got the MU subscription today. The only comics I've read are DC and haven't really touched marvel other than the movies and cartoons. Since everyone just says start anywhere, I started reading All new x-men, so far so good. Anyone have any recs? I wanna read black panther too, don't know what to read for that tho.

There's no worse feeling than killing an interceptor for your 10th kill in a row, getting hit with a rocket - and seeing you're down 4000 on the scoreboard.

The worst. The moon map gets crapped on a lot, but if you're good with a sniper or can dominate with an interceptor then it's your game. Too bad most people seem like this is their first fps.

RedSwirl

Tried Destiny.

Goddamnit.

It's not like "Imma get a PS4" goddamnit. More like "I would seriously consider getting this if I had a PS4 or if it was on PC" goddamnit. I can't seriously play PS3 games that are supposed to have good tech but aren't meant for that console generation anymore, but this would literally be the only PS4 game I'd give a fuck about in 2014. Everything else is PC for me. Even in the first half of 2015 it'd literally just be this game and Bloodborne, and then there's the March 2015 PC rumor.

See, they advertised this game as a shooter. Nobody told me Destiny is an RPG. Nobody told me Destiny is basically The Real Phantasy Star Online 2. I'm already starting to feel that quest bug, and maybe even that loot bug. Goddamnit.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
That's EEYOUWRECKA.

ugh. sounds like someone wants to vomit everytime i hear it. is there a reason they didnt call her eureka

It's kind of old, but there are two things I always take away from this photo.

1. She's actually very beautiful and the bow on top gives her look personality
2. ....then I realize she's from Memphis so she's going to have that accent and I can't.

um unaware of how a memphis accent sounds

Kraftwerk

I came to a realization today;

I am really, really attracted to black women.

A girl asked me for directions in the subway today, and I felt my heart-rate rising. This never happens to me. I don't want to make myself look like a stud, but working in the sporting/health industry for years, I hung out around a lot of good looking and really fit women, so that made me really comfortable and relaxed. I used to be very shy.

Anyway, she asked me for directions, and I was noticeably blushing. I stuttered and looked like a fool, and she told me if I was O.K. I went "sorry" and she said "Its O.K. " and smiled. We started talking and I straight out told her that I got nervous since she was gorgeous. Made her blush.

Anyway..

I got her number.

Special shout-out to Slayven for calling me a simp.

giphy.gif

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Hopped on that .99 deal for Marvel and finished the Thanos Imperative and The Annihilators. The way Death touched down on those dudes at the end of the Thanos Imperative was gdlk.

Thanos is such a fucking child.

um unaware of how a memphis accent sounds

I run into a few chicks from there and it's close to the Alabama accent; it's got that heavy drawl to it that is just naw for me.

With that stated, it's still worlds better than that geechi or however you spell it shit they have in Charleston, I have absolutely no clue what the fuck they're saying.

With that stated, it's still worlds better than that geechi or however you spell it shit they have in Charleston, I have absolutely no clue what the fuck they're saying.
Looking at some examples of the creole language in question, I can't blame you. Now I learned where "kumbayah" comes from, though.

EDIT: The Gullah Bible does a good job showing its unique characteristics.
Mus dohn jedge oda people. Den God esef ain gwine jedge ya. De same way ya jedge oda people, dat how God gwine jedge ya. Ef ya easy on oda people or ef ya mek um suffa, dat de same way God gwine do ya.

nope. randoms are garbage on PS4 too.

Young Magus

I said gawddamn XD

Beating an SMT game is like making it out of the hood

I ain't ever going back

Which one you beat? You better be talkin bout Nocturne.

You are right.

Nigga,the fuck you smokin...
and can I have some

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom