• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Magus

shit
8Zo2TAT.jpg
In other.....interesting news name titles
professional-street-nigga.jpg

I came to a realization today;

I am really, really attracted to black women.

A girl asked me for directions in the subway today, and I felt my heart-rate rising. This never happens to me. I don't want to make myself look like a stud, but working in the sporting/health industry for years, I hung out around a lot of good looking and really fit women, so that made me really comfortable and relaxed. I used to be very shy.

Anyway, she asked me for directions, and I was noticeably blushing. I stuttered and looked like a fool, and she told me if I was O.K. I went "sorry" and she said "Its O.K. " and smiled. We started talking and I straight out told her that I got nervous since she was gorgeous. Made her blush.

Anyway..

I got her number.

Special shout-out to Slayven for calling me a simp.

giphy.gif

Slay hating so hard its actually giving people positive karma.

Niggas in space.

Locke will probably be the goon ONI sends after the Chief until they meet up and come to a warrior's understanding whereupon they both fight the big bad of the game. One will die in a cutscene.

Master Chief will end up killing him at the start then you just play MC again

Infinite

Finally had time to pickup the Attack on Titan manga where the anime left off, holy shit this keeps getting better.

my dick is hard son
I haven't read it in a while. Generally got annoyed with how the story kept introducing more questions than answers and every arc boiling down to the same formula

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't read it in a while. Generally got annoyed with how the story kept introducing more questions than answers and every arc boiling down to the same formula

Pretty much

The author organizes the narrative in a way that the audience is always left in the dark. Whether it's the antagonists planning something or the protagonists. The story is always presented in a way that the audience doesn't know what's up until the big reveal.

That and the art is ugly

Dereck

Maybe some of you can answer this for me. I really dont wanna start a new thread for this. Why do asian peoples like drawing white people so much?
They don't, when Japanese artists draw characters, they think the characters look Asian.

When we read their mangas, we think that the characters look white.

royalan

Maybe some of you can answer this for me. I really dont wanna start a new thread for this. Why do asian peoples like drawing white people so much?

For the same reason black girls chemically straighten their hair and/or wear weaves.

And for the same reason bleach cream sells in India, South Korea, and African countries.

Silky

Banned
I'm rewatching Eureka Seven to see what exactly put me off on it. On episode 3 so far and honestly it's still very good. Weird how I never finished it.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'm rewatching Eureka Seven to see what exactly put me off on it. On episode 3 so far and honestly it's still very good. Weird how I never finished it.

Favorite modern mecha show

It's a better gundam than modern gundam

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

They don't. They draw characters that are ethnically neutral really.

As a result people just project whatever ethnicity is the majority in their culture onto them.

So Japanese people see the sailor scouts as Japanese and don't question it. In the US we see white people.

RP912

Banned
Where do all the fine women in MD come from? You have a factory? A factory set on natural frizzy hair?

I want to know this place also because everytime I passed through MD to go home...omg.

It's like the best kind of women too....I'm talking about sophisticated, Afro-centric, drinking bathwater with a twirl straw type of women.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Can we bring the bancho look over here to America please? It's a good look.

Infinite

Usually a character who is from the west is explicitly stated as being western. But if you have a character who's named Usagi Tsukino, that lives in Japan, and goes to Japanese school then it's no question that she's Japanese

They don't, when Japanese artists draw characters, they think the characters look Asian.

When we read their mangas, we think that the characters look white.

They don't. They draw characters that are ethnically neutral really.

As a result people just project whatever ethnicity is the majority in their culture onto them.

So Japanese people see the sailor scouts as Japanese and don't question it. In the US we see white people.

These two are correct. Ignore the hair color, which is mostly for differentiation.

When Japanese mangaka and character designers draw white people, they tend to either go straight at the blonde haired/blue eyed look or they have larger facial features.

sensible.jpg

4xAsggs.jpg

541ef98c7333380b705cb5c75b9a55dc1350961906_full.png

27xfqs4.jpg

The exceptions to this tend to be in all-girl casts or harem, where they tend to throw in one American/German/mixed race girl, who doesn't look all that different from the regular cast. They tend to exaggerate these characters in some other way, like vocal tic or outfit. Frequently, foreign female characters are super bitchy.

d70f865c61f6b37f40a9b58407ce992a1308828301_full.jpg

I+ve+noticed+that+Americans+in+a+lot+of+anime+are+_3a70b91c94f9fddc9c10c2bf84914fde.jpg

aya_tina.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom