• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

deli2000

Did you guys see this shit with the Gaffer who decided to write his own Bible?

21st Cenutry Holy Bible. A draft-esque alpha version

Toilet humor, racism, slut-shaming, gay "jokes," pedophilia reference... all in the first page or two, and he thinks it's HI--LARIOUS (he writes like this in his book). I think everyone has thoroughly ripped him apart for this horrific shit, so I'm okay tho.

I was feeling like total shit about my creative work today. But seeing this crap and his subsequent reaction cheered me right up in a sick sort of way.

EDIT: Also that guy was 10 years OLDER than me. Wow.

So what's the full GAF mortal Kombat action cast?

Sub-zero at Starbucks
Lui Kang Baking A Pie
Kano on the Phone
Baraka in the White House

I'm pretty sure I saw a Shao Kahn dude too. Who started this little naming convention?

NeoNigga o'Coon
ATjQP.png

I was Sub-Zero at the Beach for a minute

jbikY6nU7w4FKy.jpg

It's worth noting that I switched to Sub-Zero at a Starbucks in honor of ViewtifulJC back when he frequented halogaf. I wanted to start a tradition of sorts with it. Hopefully once I'm gone another halogaffer will pick up the "Sub-Zero at" mantle.

It's worth noting that I switched to Sub-Zero at a Starbucks in honor of ViewtifulJC back when he frequented halogaf. I wanted to start a tradition of sorts with it. Hopefully once I'm gone another halogaffer will pick up the "Sub-Zero at" mantle.

maybe I'll come back if Halo collection revives my interest in that franchise

I rarely read every response in a thread....I read every response in that bible thread. FUCK.

now see that was time you could have spent making SWS's homepage less struggle

you know when you meet someone that is clearly crazy but you are fascinated by it you let them cook? That is what that thread was about

there was a dude in the gym talking to one chick for like 15 minutes about God and how it relates to black people's origins in Africa and what Revelations said about the slave trades and the Holocaust and our inner-spirit man

I mean he really had that shit all figured out, the confident way he was speaking without stuttering or stopping. It was something to listen to in-between sets.

Slayven

there was a dude in the gym talking to one chick for like 15 minutes about God and how it relates to black people's origins in Africa and what Revelations said about the slave trades and the Holocaust and our inner-spirit man

I mean he really had that shit all figured out, the confident way he was speaking without stuttering or stopping. It was something to listen to in-between sets.

Someone broke down ubermensch and the illuminati all at once to me one time.

Exactly and you begin thinking, maybe dude has a point. Maybe I should put on this bowtie and hand out this newspapers on the side of the street.

RedSwirl

I mean really the most logical answer is that Faith is an amalgamation of different stereotypes of how people think an Asian woman looks and what "Asian" looks like (please believe Faith's design went through a focus group and chances are high said group contained no Asians); epicanthic folds of exaggerated proportions? check, high cheekbones that come up to the eye sockets? check, black hair (heh)? check. Congrats, you've churned out an "Asian" much like the same way one would churn out a black person if they went down the "I don't know much if anything about black people, but going by my assumptions and beliefs they look like this!" checklist.

As I stated earlier, it's always obvious when an artist has drawn from life and those who just draw/paint what they think is realistic.

That's probably worth looking up. Originally Faith wasn't going to be the main character at all. It was gonna be some white dude, but they'd drawn up a whole bunch of supporting characters and Faith ended up being the most popular one, so they put her in the lead role. And those magazine shots that were posted in an earlier GAF thread looked a lot like Faith does in Mirror's Edge 1, close enough to where I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out Faith was based on those models. If you wanna get really deep into it, her last name is Connors.

strobogo

Banned
Is Ice T actually a good rapper? I've been listening to a lot of his stuff and a lot of his lines are...not good at all. And he's hard to understand a lot of times, either due to him being low in the mix or because he's hard to understand when yelling with his lisp.

RP912

Banned
Is Ice T actually a good rapper? I've been listening to a lot of his stuff and a lot of his lines are...not good at all. And he's hard to understand a lot of times, either due to him being low in the mix or because he's hard to understand when yelling with his lisp.

ice t's best work is the songs he did for soundtracks like New Jack City, Trespass and colors. All his other work is hit and miss. Dude is an example of hollywood being a blessing in disguise because him as a rapper is kinda meh.

That's probably worth looking up. Originally Faith wasn't going to be the main character at all. It was gonna be some white dude, but they'd drawn up a whole bunch of supporting characters and Faith ended up being the most popular one, so they put her in the lead role. And those magazine shots that were posted in an earlier GAF thread looked a lot like Faith does in Mirror's Edge 1, close enough to where I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out Faith was based on those models. If you wanna get really deep into it, her last name is Connors.

Her last name really doesn't mean anything. Faith and her sister were adopted.

J10

Banned

No, he's really bad.

Confidence makes/break attempts of anything in life 90% of the time.

RP912

Banned
Bounce for the Juvenile>>>>>>>Ha

I'm not even from the south and juvi is that shit even though it was all about the no limit solders.

I remember this one hotel me and the fam went to when we down in New Orleans for a family reunion waaaay back in the day. Juvenile was there, apparently. Me and the fam got on an elevator, this lil white boy ran in the entrance and screamed "JUVENILE IS HERE! JUVENILE JUVENILE!" and ran off as the doors closed.

my mom: ...what is juvenile
kA62T.png

my dad: IDK I dont listen to that shit
KRrHQ.png

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Man... My boss legit caught feelings when I explained why I was getting out.

I kinda feel bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom